Gumboots ELC (Waimauku)

List childcare centres throughout NZ who support cloth use. List centres that don't support cloth use.
weegee
TNN nerd

Gumboots ELC (Waimauku)

Post by weegee » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:49 pm

I know I've only done one post so far but this is an easy one to add. I have been raving about our daycare although my little guy has only been there less than 2 weeks. They were absolutely fine about using cloth (he's the only one in his room in cloth, but they said they've used them previously, and JJ's primary carer used cloth with her own little boy), I just take along clean ones every day and they pop them in the wetbag I supply and I take them home to wash. They even rinse the pooey ones for me although I said they didn't have to.

In fact they have been great in all aspects - I'm a bit alternative in other ways too (including baby led weaning) and they have embraced it all :D - big ups to them!
Mum to JJ, 4 July 2008 & Addie, 28 July 2010

weegee
TNN nerd

Post by weegee » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:02 pm

LOL not only do these guys tolerate cloth, I've got them totally converted. When I went to pick up JJ today, the first thing they did was apologise for not having put his trackpants back on him "because we couldn't bear to cover up that gorgeous nappy" (a Bib & Tucker OOAK). I asked how his nappy this morning went - it was the first time he'd worn a size L itti bitti - and they said it was fine, no leaks etc, to which I responded how great that was because now I've got a dozen of them which means he can be in them at daycare and I don't need to get them washed AND dried every day, I can take a day to dry them.

Their response? "Oooh, new nappies, yay!"

And the carer who'd never used cloth before JJ asked if I'd gotten any more of "those leopard print ones" (Berry Plush) "cos they're my faves" :wink:

Sezzles
TNN nerd

Post by Sezzles » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Oh that is so cool! Well done 8-)
Sarah - WAHM to Riley 19/08/07, Olivia 24/02/10, six wee ~0~ babies, and finally our precious little Cameron 13/04/14.
Image Image Image
http://www.chaseebee.co.nz/

Zoes Mum
TNN nutter

Post by Zoes Mum » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:32 pm

Gumboots is great isn't it.

Are you the lady I spoke with about Fuzzis and HH's this evening when I was picking up my wee lad from Little Boots? I figured you'd be a TNNer :lol: If it was you it was nice to talk with you tonight.

When Zoe first started going to Gumboots I had her in cloth too and nobody there knew anything about it but were more than willing to try. I actually decided to use cloth though as I'd exhausted myself making nappies for a friends twins and couldn't face making any more for myself so it was disposables there and cloth at home for a while.

I'd already seen people coming out with wetbags when I enrolled Logan so I didn't hesitate to keep him in cloth.
Jodie
Image Image
"How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?!"

Bella's mama
TNN guru

Post by Bella's mama » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:32 pm

It is great to see the enthusiasm!!
Sarah

ImageImage

ImageImage

Follow us on our family blog:
http://ramblingsofthekovacsfamily.blogspot.com/?spref=fb

weegee
TNN nerd

Post by weegee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 pm

:lol: yep that was me :D There are quite a few of us using cloth there now, it's awesome! :D

Return to “Childcare Centres that Support Cloth (Public)”