Centres in Auckland

List childcare centres throughout NZ who support cloth use. List centres that don't support cloth use.
shola
TNN newbie

Post by shola » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:22 am

Kindercare in Howick takes cloths. It seems to be different at each branch whether they take cloths or not, maybe depends on whether staff can be bothered.

Ali
TNN nerd

Post by Ali » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:14 pm

I looked at 6 daycare centres in Royal Oak/ Greenlane today and 4 of them supported cloth naps. One teacher looked at me like I was mad when I asked the question and I decide we would not be using THAT one! :shock:
Ali
<-- Someone got hold of a felt pen!!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;54;95/st/20060527/n/Isobella+Elliott/dt/16/k/f048/age.png[/img]
[/url]

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:29 pm

Yup I second Nat, Te puna Hauora childcare in Northcote support cloth and they are really lovely too. dd was there last year and is going back this year too :wink:
Pipi
Sahm

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:58 am

I used to work at a childcare centre that did only disposable nappies.

They frowned upon cloth (retards). But I would have changed a child in cloth.

Time is only an excuse. It is good bonding and one to one time when changing their nappies.

These children also had nappy rash often, and were changed 4-5 times during the day. I hated it.

Sadly I've not worked at any centre where a child has cloth..
I know mine will be in cloth even if they are in day care.

mayazmummy
TNN addict

Post by mayazmummy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:24 pm

My oldest DD went to Unitec Early Learning Center and they were happy to do cloth - even the plain old squares and pins taht I used with her. I had to provide a bucket which they lined with a plastic bag and at the end of teh day they just took the bag out and sent it home.

At the time she was the only one there in cloth.

NZ Child Restraints

Post by NZ Child Restraints » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:17 pm

mayazmummy wrote:My oldest DD went to Unitec Early Learning Center and they were happy to do cloth - even the plain old squares and pins taht I used with her. I had to provide a bucket which they lined with a plastic bag and at the end of teh day they just took the bag out and sent it home.

At the time she was the only one there in cloth.

Is there more now?

mayazmummy
TNN addict

Post by mayazmummy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:05 am

Not sure, she moved to Montessori when she was 3...
Mum to Princess Maya Grace (28-02-03), the 'Gremlins' Sienna Marie and Mercedes Kailah (14-10-06) and lil miss Chiara Louise Chloe (09-07-08)

mygirls
TNN nerd

Post by mygirls » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:20 pm

Krafty Kids out in West Auckland is fine with mine in AIOs. It happened by accident really. I used to change my little one into a disposable before she went (I still have them around, just in case I have a bad laundry day!!!) but one day I forgot and sent her in a reusable. All the ladies were rather surprised at the new reusable nappies and we had a big chat about the different ones I had. Now they are fine - they just pop the nappies in a plastic bag for me to wash, if they are really yucky they pop them in a rinse cycle - I provide disposables for them as well to keep there for just in case but all is going well.

bobavet
TNN nerd

Post by bobavet » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:05 am

I've started Alex at Kids Matter 2 Us, the daycare/creche at the Salvation Army Faith Factory in Henderson. They're quite happy to use cloth, so far Alex is the only one in cloth, and I send her along with AIOs or (pre-stuffed) pockets. I think they were a bit dubious until they realised how easy it was.
Julie
------------------------
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogsrd20050315_11_Alexandra+is.png[/img][/url]

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:51 pm

Olive Shoots at BCNZ in henderson are happy to use cloth

i'm so happy, cause when nate was in the under 2s they weren't keen, and i wasn't keen to push it (we were having lots of poo leak issues too) but i have put zach on the waiting list and so popped into the under 2s when i was dropping nate off, and saw a baby with a HUGE bum. I asked if she was wearing cloth and they said yes and that they're fine with that

so , woohooooo! :D

(not that i'm sure zach is actually going to end up going, but good to know he can stay in cloth if he does)
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

nicant
TNN newbie

Post by nicant » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:23 pm

Preschool Irene's on Surrey Cres in Grey Lynn have been good about my boy wearing cloth. I have to supply nappy liners, so they can throw away poop and smelly nappy bags. But that's a small price to pay for having him in cloth at day care.
n.
aka Kees' mum
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com/Plqpp12/.png[/img][/url]

Bakers2
TNN addict

Post by Bakers2 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:43 pm

nznats wrote:The daycare at the Awataha Marae on Akoranga drive on the northshore support cloth, they even rinse the nappies even though they were told not too and just put it into her wetbag :)

I am hopefully studying Midiwifery at AUT next year so thanks for that info!! I was a bit worried about any daycare accepting cloth really! I use Fuzzis so its pretty easy to work them out! \:D/
Busy mum of 3 boys!!
Kaleb 18/02/03
Liam 08/11/04
Campbell 08/08/06

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:04 pm

Bakers2 wrote:
nznats wrote:The daycare at the Awataha Marae on Akoranga drive on the northshore support cloth, they even rinse the nappies even though they were told not too and just put it into her wetbag :)

I am hopefully studying Midiwifery at AUT next year so thanks for that info!! I was a bit worried about any daycare accepting cloth really! I use Fuzzis so its pretty easy to work them out! \:D/

Hi de hi! My daughter attends this daycare and uses a mixture of home made pockets and fuzzibunz. They are awesome with using them :D
Pipi
Sahm

Bakers2
TNN addict

Post by Bakers2 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:35 am

The centre that my 2yo DS goes too looked at me really funny when I asked if I could bring him in cloth...... :cry: They supply the nappies at the centre but wouldnt even take his cloth off at change time and put it in a bag....mite actually go to the boss and ask her!
Surely its not that much of a hassle!
When I am looking for a home based carer for my youngest next year I will have to make sure they support cloth too! Hopefully by then my 2yo who will be 3 wont need his cloth anymore!
Busy mum of 3 boys!!
Kaleb 18/02/03
Liam 08/11/04
Campbell 08/08/06

MissNaani
TNN nerd

Post by MissNaani » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:34 am

princes st community childcare in town opposite the uni are happy to use cloth - no sideways glances or anything......there are other kids there that use them as well!

I think it would suck to have to use disposables at daycare just cos they dont want to - its less rubbish for them!
miss naani (previously known as misi)

Return to “Childcare Centres that Support Cloth (Public)”