Anyone know of any in Wellington?

List childcare centres throughout NZ who support cloth use. List centres that don't support cloth use.
posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:45 pm

jess wrote: "I suppose we could do it if you can't afford disposables".

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Gosh - for me, the amount I have spent on MCN, disposables would have been cheaper!! :smt044

I would have said "no, I can't afford disposables!!" :evillaugh:
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

amcham
TNN nerd

Post by amcham » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:31 pm

We went to visit the creche at Kilbirnie aquatic centre today and I asked about cloth and they are more than happy to use them! :smt041 The teacher said they have some people using fglats and some using fuzzis but they would love to have a demo on the ones I use so they can spread the word to other parents about what different kinds you can use too! :dancin:

Of course since it was so hot today Max had no shorts on and was wearing his lovely spongebob pul side snap pocket! :smt050
Amie
Mum to 3 boys

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Wed May 02, 2007 8:05 pm

Kilbirnie Community Creche do, well do now!! :lol:

I was having a chat with the centre manager today as they are having extensions done in a couple of months so they can increase the number of kiddies per session.... annnnyhow, I asked if they accepted cloth and she looked at me a little blankly so I continued to explain. She had remembered reading the article on Fuzzibunz (Charity actually) the other weekend and was VERY interested....

Cut a longer story short they now accept cloth... :lol: - and she also thinks they are a fab idea!! Yep so do we... 8-)

meow
TNN guru

Post by meow » Wed May 02, 2007 8:14 pm

:D

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:37 am

Just thought I would add to this.....

I-kids, no hesitation and have a few kids in cloth. Go the cloth.

Tentacles
TNN guru

Post by Tentacles » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:39 am

And I'll add Gracefield Early Childhood Centre (formally Campus Kids) in Lower Hutt didn't look twice when I said DS was in cloth and have a few kids in cloth too, even one in flats :D :smt041
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

kiwivic
TNN nutter

Post by kiwivic » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:00 pm

My sister's little boy goes to Childspace in Ngaio and not only are they happy to use cloth but they even wash & dry his nappies so he just leaves a set there! :D

Vic xx

nikkitheknitter
TNN nerd

Post by nikkitheknitter » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 am

Just wanted to add here that I took a whole lot of out of date Fuzzibunz pamphlets in to Han's creche today for the kiddos to cut up... little bit of subtle cloth promotion ;)

When I handed them over I had a conversation with a teacher and she said she'd be happy to use them. Her words were actually "Well I'm convinced!" so yay. She said that there were a couple of kids that used cloth already but I didn't find out what type. She mentioned velcro so I assume they are pockets?

Anyway, can confirm Adelaide Early Childhood Centre in Newtown is cloth-friendly :D
Mama to the Red Headed Devil Child and newbie arriving late Jan 2015.

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:15 am

Yes they certainly are they had no problem when I put P on the waiting list and told theme she was in cloth. Go Adelaide

pixeldust
TNN guru

Post by pixeldust » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:25 am

Kiwi Kids in Karori is cloth friendly - in fact, they're gutted that more people don't choose to use them!

(Also, they have about 25 new spots opening in September if anyone is looking)
Jayce

ImageImage

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

donzy
TNN newbie

Post by donzy » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Kids Cottage in Silverstream, Upper Hutt are great with MCNs and PUL training pants (and they are just fantastic in many other ways).

:D :D

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:40 pm

St Mark's Pre-school & Toddler Centre is cloth-friendly (they take children from 2 years of age). The head teacher thought our nappies were fantastic!

They were initially returning the nappies in plastic bags, but I showed them that I actually had a wetbag as well so no more plastic bags! :)

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Adding Miramar Community Creche to the list.

They were happy to take Amelia in cloth. I give them Fuzzis as they are happy with front-snapping nappies :)

MumAmber
TNN nerd

Post by MumAmber » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 pm

dd is starting at the new Wellington Community Childcare Association (WCCCA) on Adelaide Rd and they have about 5 kids in cloth - yay! Each cloth kid has a hook on the wall with their wetbag hanging from it so its all nice and easy.
Amber, Mum to Anwyn 11/08, Calvin 05/11 and Miriam 07/13

busymum!
TNN convert

Post by busymum! » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Daisies Johnsonville!!!
I cant rave enough about these guys. They are 100% supportive of cloth nappies, they even wash and dry them :smt041
Tash

WAHM!!!
Mum of 4 gorgeous kids!!

[img]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w176/bubbles18_photo/logo-1.jpg[/img]
www.busybehinds.co.nz

Return to “Childcare Centres that Support Cloth (Public)”