Kaz
TNN guru

RNW Christchurch 2012

Post by Kaz » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:01 pm

:D Hi all, me again :whip: 8-[

RNW April 16 - 22

Sorry for the short notice,

Meeting at my house tomorrow (Mon 13 Feb) 1pm
Hope to have all the Chch retailers here to nut things out. If you can't make it no worries, if you want to come PM me for my address.

Things are a bit rushed as we need/want to have a submission to the Council by Tuesday night to have a funded workshop.

At this stage other ideas on the Table include:
Flash Nappy Mob
Static Display about cloth nappies in a Mall (thinking South City again)
Robert Harris Nappicino (they are sponsoring RNW) again Sth City
Approaching Sth City to donate the use of one of their empty spaces for the week to run sewing/info/fun activities
Holding a sewing workshop at Sth Library (if above doesn't work)
Nappicino's around the city

If you are able to help, let me know what you would be interested in helping with. If you have any other idea's, media contacts etc let me know too :D
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Siew-Siew
TNN nutter

Re: RNW Christchurch 2012

Post by Siew-Siew » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Working tomorrow, but happy to lend hand if I can find the time. Keep me posted?

rootoo
TNN guru

Post by rootoo » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:59 am

That all sounds amazing! There's no way I'll make it over to the meeting (J still sick and not keen to take him anywhere, but especially not on a bus and to a house with other kids he might infect :lol:)
But I woudl be happy to help with setting up display stuff, lending nappies or supplies (such as snap press), and the flash nappy mob sounds like good fun!
Happy to host a nappicino over this side of town, I have someone coming over sometime soonish to try on a few different brands/nappies on her baby to see if we can find something in my stash that works for her, I'd be happy to extend that to anyone else who wanted to come and play with cloth :)
Rachel
Mama to Josh 6/10/08 and Ollie 25/5/11

http://www.facebook.com/featherbrushyarns

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:07 am

Yeah, a bit tricky with short notice and sickie kids, mine have succumbed to early colds and wheezy boy is in fine form. At least I got 4hrs sleep :roll:

It's good if I get as many volunteers now as I can so we can gauge the viability of some events. It's actually a good place to start with getting retailers together and committing to events before getting lots of volunteers.

Will keep everyone posted on what's decided today and if we want to hold other events as well. We could even try for a nappy art exhibition :wink:
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:03 am

sorry K, can't come today.. I wouldn't make it back in time for Aines pick up at 2.30.
I can help with any sewing stuff though... so put me down for any of that jazz
I don't have babies in nappies though obviously :lol:

hannah
TNN guru

Post by hannah » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:55 pm

sorry Kaz, I've only just spotted this too! Can we skype? ;)
Hannah, mama of M 15yrs ♥ , L 13yrs ♥ and A 3yrs ♥
2 teens, 1 preschooler-eeek!

http://www.locket.co.nz

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:54 pm

So far we have someone looking into the use of Sth City Mall, so not much can be done until we know if that is happening.
Nappy making demo
Nappicino's

Nappy Art Exhibition/Competition

Baby's Big Day Out
We are hoping to have a big picnic/market day show casing baby stuff and heaps of cloth nappies. The plan is to get the council to donate the use of a mega tent thing, so it can be held regardless of weather and people don't have to worry about seismic interuptions. At this stage we hope to have it in the Gardens or Hagley Park, or where ever the council lets us.

So, suggestions of potential stall holders
People who could donate free food eg apples, biscuits -stuff that doesn't have to be heated or chilled
Any agency that deals with the well being of small people
Kiddie entertainers? The Wiggles perhaps? :rotfl: :smt005
Anything else that would fit into the theme?

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:31 pm

cool!
I'd be keen on a stall. Might even make some nappies to sell :lol:

guess you could ask people like Playcentre, Porse.., Plunket???

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Next meeting

Mon 20 Feb 1pm, my house. PM for address.

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:57 pm

Anyone good at Graphic design and could do a poster/logo for the Baby's big day out?

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:47 pm

South City is going to be RNW Central \:D/

If they have an empty shop space, we are allowed to use it. Ideas now being accepted for events to be run there. Ideally we will have something happening each day.

Ideas so far:
Nappy Art
Sewing Demo (not sure if the space is suitable for a workshop)
Nappicinos
We could have nappy shapes for kids to cut out and colour, then stick on a mural to illustrate the disposable nappy mountain

Will return later :wink:

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:49 pm

oh sorry.. I just realised that those dates are in the school holidays.. I won't be able to help sorry.

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:53 am

Super Nappy Person competition - Who can hang up and stuff the most nappies in 1min type of thing, or who can stuff and put on a doll a nappy in the fastest time .....

Poster competition for the kids - design a poster about the benefits of cloth nappies i.e good for the environment, saves money, more comfortable for baby etc.

So simple even a kid can do it - every child that puts a nappy on a bear gets a stamp/sticker/balloon?

Nappy Hunt - find the nappy icons placed around the mall and collect the interesting facts/colours for smaller children

Is anyone able to volunteer to come down for one morning for a couple of hours to help? My plan is to hopefully have a few things to keep the bigger kids occupied so it's a bit easier for voulnteers.

Emma
TNN guru

Post by Emma » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 am

I can do a morning Karen, possibly more than one depending on work but I won't know until closer to the time.
Emma
Mum to 5 lovely children

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:53 pm

Ok, an executive decision has been made after seeing the council paperwork for an 'event' to scrap the Baby's Big Day Out for this year. We need more time for the planning and execution.

On the hunt for businesses to donate prizes any suggestions welcome.

Donations of art materials for kids activities and a couple of low tables

Volunteers who can be there for an hour or two each day 10am - 12pmish

Any idea's for creating 'Gap Fillers'

We may have a volunteer to dress up like a baby and play a city wide where is Wally type game, hopefully with the help of a radio station

Trying to set up a nappy pledge, where people can pledge to use one cloth nappy and hopefully we can get some great prizes as enticements and have a great graphic to illustrate how much waste can be saved/year

Any other ides? :D

Return to “Real Nappy Week 2012”