ecobubs wool and fleece pockets

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am

There's was note on the invoice, just in my rush I threw it in with the rest. Luckily it was only the microfibre inserts that the dye stuck to. Yes Karyn, the Mulberry is the culprit!
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:23 pm

i love my one wool pocket (citrus stripe) love love love the colours and love love love the stripes and the orange inside.

love everything about the nappy except the front opening, just cause i use different sized inserts so it makes it trickier to stuff, but i manage. good fit, can stuff lots in and super cute.
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:04 am

I have used around 3 times now and love this nappy! Last night I used the supplied insert with just 1 Pea Pods booster, and it worked all night with no leaks! we have no feeding during the night, but 17 month old ds does hold onto his wee a bit more these days and I have noticed his nappies leaking on the odd occasion. The inserts were pretty damn wet, but he was as dry as a bone :D

Very impressed.
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

Rua Mama
TNN addict

Post by Rua Mama » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:52 pm

Kia ora
Love this nappy! After vowing to not buy anymore nappies as Poutama is almost tt (during the day), i decided we needed a couple more night naps... we got the lucky last citrus stripe. Its a perfect fit. Used it last night for the first time stuffed with the microfibre/hemp trifold insert that it came with and a trifolded hemp flat...
Prince P is now night weaned... yay, ans some mornings seems to have an almost dry nap. Still he managed to test this one well and it lasted the distance...

Yay Ecobubs :D

Ema
Proud Mums of our gorgeous sons:
Poutama born May 2005 & Taaniko born Dec 2008

Beekay
TNN nerd

Post by Beekay » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:18 pm

Finally got mine washed and dried a couple of times and tried it overnight and I seriously can't believe it's super soaking powers. Duncan is a real piddle pot overnight, and we're just accustomed to a little bit of wicking no matter how we arrange things but with his Ecobubs his pyjamas and singlet were 100% dry...woo! One of these days he might be able to wear his jammies two nights in a row :lol:
Mum to three boys :D

Jujube
TNN nerd

Post by Jujube » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:46 pm

Well, add me to the Ecobubs fan club please!

I now have three pockets and I LOVE them. They are fabulous - beautifully made, well-fitting and very effective. They are so snuggly soft and scrummy! YUM!

I also cannot speak highly enough of my dealings with Becks - super friendly and helpful. she even customised our latest pocket to accommodate DD's chicken legs.

Hooray for Ecobubs!!! You're onto a winner Becks! :-)
Mummy to 3 little jubes

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:24 pm

I'm tempted to get another for Isaac for his nap times. I think he is at the stage where he is starting to hold his bladder, and often when he goes it is a flood! At least with another Ecobubs I know he'll be dry! I love the inner fabric of the nappy, it is just so beautifully soft.
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

Kirstin
TNN guru

Post by Kirstin » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:19 pm

Sophie's modelling the Ecobubs Wool Pocket. She's almost a year old and probably heading towards 10kg, but possibly still in the 9s.

Kirstin: Mum to DS - 13.5y, DD - 11y, DD - 7y

rochellej
TNN guru

Post by rochellej » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Just want to say a huge thank you to Beck for the wonderful parcel I received this morning. Your service is out of this world & I can't stop playing with all the gorgeous nappies long enough to get them washed :D

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :mail: :smt041
Rochelle

Daniel - 2002
Maia - 2004
Ava - 2006

Aitchy
TNN nerd

Post by Aitchy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:42 pm

I stuffed this with 2x ecobubs hemp & microfibre flats plus a cutiebums hemp booster, the first time I tried it he did #2s so didn't get to test it overnight, but last night he woke up in a tizz at 3am and he was soaking :(
The inserts were really soaked and it had wicked all out the front on to his pjs. Could the inserts be needing more washing in time? (only about 3 washes) or do I need to add something else - he already has a huge bubble butt!

Hermione

Rua Mama
TNN addict

Post by Rua Mama » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:53 pm

Hi
I have found hemp takes quite a number of washes to reach full absorbancy. Our proven night combo is two hemp flats trifolded and a microfibre insert. This worked for us when Poutama was still feeding at night too although now he is night weaned :D
This combo lasts for 12 hours for him both is his Ecobubs wool pocket and other pockets. Maybe you could try a few other combos and try some hemp that has had more washes. All our hemp flats have been used for well over a year so are very absorbant...
Good luck -theres nothing worse than night leaks!
Ema
Proud Mums of our gorgeous sons:
Poutama born May 2005 & Taaniko born Dec 2008

KiwiWonder
TNN nerd

Post by KiwiWonder » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:24 pm

I'm gonna jump on the Ecobubs wool bandwagon!

I originally bought two - one Medium candy stripe for Z (pic in the gallery) and one Mulberry in Small, for the Baby That DH Won't Let Me Have Yet (It's a sneaky plan... but that's another story ;-) ) I washed them both (most nappies I wouldn't but I know better when playing with hemp ;-) ) and broke them in. I love the Candy Stripe - it's a great night nappy, but like others have said, it seems far too cute to be hidden away at night! But we haven't had any leaks (not that we're prone to them, but still) and I'm quite happy with it. She fits the M on the tightest setting, so heaps of growing room.

However, when I was in a pinch the other day (behind on washing) I grabbed the Small to put on her. And I'm quite impressed with it too! She's approximately 8 kilos at 8 months old, but still fits the small on the second-to-loosest setting, so we've even got some growing room in that one! But mostly, I really really love the look of this nappy on her. I'm a huge fan of low-rise naps; however with Z's build she's incredibly prone to builder's crack, so we've stayed away ;-) However the small Ecobubs wool has the "look" of a low rise nap, but we don't get any builders crack! It's instantly become one of my very favorite nappies. I'd love some more in Small but the wallet just isn't cooperating in that regards.
Margo - http://kiwiwonder.wordpress.com
Zamara - July 2006 / Katerina - March 2008 / Marci - Dec 2009 stillborn at 21 weeks / Marta - Oct 2010

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:18 pm

Just bought my first ecobubs wool pocket today... just have to wait for it to turn up. EXCITING!! =P~ =P~ \:D/
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

Makana
TNN guru

Post by Makana » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:00 pm

I trust my ecobubs wool pocket to do the job day or night. At night I just add another trifold hemp/MF insert and it does the job. Saoking inserts but dry bubba.

Thanks Becks, keep up the great work.
Kate
SAHM to Ariana 8yrs, Makayla 5 years & Holly 2
and three angels
Please check out: Hats for Ethan
My blog HERE

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:08 pm

KateE, I LOVE your avatar. Gorgeous!

Good news about the nappy too!
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07