Cheek Boutique

farlos
TNN nerd

Cheek Boutique

Post by farlos » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:16 am

Well, this is now my night time nappy (well not mine but Bens!) after my long, frustrating search for that perfect night time nappy. I have tried so many and had numerous leaks, not to mention the smell in the morning of several also. He has worn this nappy overnight 5 or 6 times now (I think) and we have had no leaks - he sleeps 12 hours at night - and it doesn't seem to stink the way a lot of nappies do overnight. I'm not sure why?

For a start it is very well made and is so incredibly soft! I have honestly never felt a softer nappy yet, and I've tried quite a few. Even when it has all the bulk in for night time and feels rock hard on the outside, it's still really soft and snuggly on the inside, so I know it's comfortable for Ben.

I've tried lots of different combinations of inserts in this nappy, to see what absorbancy it needs, and have been amazed that one night with a lot of stuffing it was sopping in the morning (and no leaks) and then i'd try a lot less stuffing - just to test it out - and that was sopping, obviously, and still no leaks! I couldn't believe it! I don't know how it didn't leak, but was very impressed and now (as I only have 2 of these nappies) I make sure that there's always one washed and dried ready for the evening every day!!

I love the ingenious adjustable leg gussets too. Being able to adjust this depending on how much stuffing you have in is really helpful, and it also makes for the ultimate osfa nappy!

A couple of pics of it on Ben:

Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 am

Still no more reviews? Suprises me! I'm still in love with this nappy. No leaks yet and no marks on his legs whatsoever! Fabulous!

ps. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:18 am

Welcome back :D

The nappy didn't work for us unfortunatley but I hope the new owner (a fellow TNNer) gets good use from it. :)

I am loving baby behinds bamboo fitteds for night and now have 3 (well 2 more on their way)... but that story shouldn't really be in this thread :lol:

pixeldust
TNN guru

Post by pixeldust » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:39 am

CarrieFarley wrote:Still no more reviews? Suprises me! I'm still in love with this nappy. No leaks yet and no marks on his legs whatsoever! Fabulous!

ps. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

You'll find most of them in the gallery thread :) 10 pages!

http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB ... php?t=9407
Jayce

ImageImage

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Has anyone got a review of these as the new style Baby Cheeks?
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16
Adoptive Mum to Jess & Louise my furbabies.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:47 pm

Well, I'm ready to review! I really like it! It looks really professionally made, love the fleece. Took me a while to figure out which would be the best leg elastic position, but now we're sorted. The other day Josh fell asleep in the car when I was planning on changing him when we got home. I didn't dare wake him, so his nappy was on for a very long time :oops: , the inserts were absolutely drenched but there was no leaking! The only thing is, may get a bit small for some bigger toddlers I'd say.
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:55 am

Yes, this is what i'm finding with the old style ones. Ben's have been on the last snaps for ages and could do with one more tbh.

Arna
TNN guru

Post by Arna » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:55 am

Thought I should finally add a review...
Love em! great for the nana's & dads to change as the snaps are so easy (in comparison to the FBs with the legs settings you have to think about) elastic does't leave marks.
Only thing I consider a downside is they don't come with inserts (although I thought they looked a little too thin anyway so I didn't mind so much) and a little pricey @ $30 with having to purchase an insert on top of that.
mum to two not-so-little trouble-makers - Paije 7yrs & Ashton 4yrs
lost 10.1kgs & 36cms in my 8wk challenge - time to think about the next 10kgs!
Ticker

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:50 pm

Yes I'm hoping people who haven't seen MCN's before don't get put off by that price. I saw them at the Baby Factory today, not much stock there and not many colours. They need to get more in!

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:08 pm

Has anyone tried both the old version (Cheek Boutique) and the new (Baby Cheeks)? I don't know if they're being made any differently, or if they're exactly the same? I've just bought a Baby Cheeks on TM and possibly should have asked this question before purchasing... impulse is a bad thing!! :lol: Hopefully it'll be fine.

If anything i'd love it if the BC were slightly larger fitting than CB as CB's only just fit Ben (he's a big chubby thighed boy!), but I do love how well these nappies are made and the lovely soft leg fleece. Never leave any marks on Ben's legs which is great.

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:18 pm

Yeah, I'm wondering what the actual differences are, if any. I think they're fabulous, but could be made bigger. Luckily Josh is quite petite.

Arna
TNN guru

Post by Arna » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:38 pm

I didn't get to trial one of the first ones, but I believe the bum area used to "bag" really bad , especially on the smaller settings, but definately not now, nice & trim :)
mum to two not-so-little trouble-makers - Paije 7yrs & Ashton 4yrs
lost 10.1kgs & 36cms in my 8wk challenge - time to think about the next 10kgs!
Ticker

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Well I have now got a Baby Cheeks which I bought used on TradeMe and am finding that it's possibly slightly larger fitting (although we're still on the last snaps unfortunately). I think the wings are a slightly different shape - are they or is it my imagination? Otherwise I think they're the same as the CB nappy. The elastic seems to be stretched a bit in the BC one, but that could be cos it's 2nd hand - even though it was meant to only have been used once or twice.

Overall i'm still happy with the nappy and am now on the hunt for another one or two - if anyone has one going? Moving to Aus soon and would like to take a few with me. I only have two currently. Could do with a couple more I think.

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:35 pm

Yes, I'm thrilled with mine, would probably buy more but not at that price! (although, they are OSFA, could use on the next baby!). :D

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:03 pm

aussiemum wrote:Yes, I'm thrilled with mine, would probably buy more but not at that price! (although, they are OSFA, could use on the next baby!). :D

Tried this on Georgie (now 6 weeks) and it almost went up to her armpits!! Not really a OSFA in my opinion, although is still my favourite for Ben (23 months).

Return to “Pocket Nappies”