Bib and Tucker Side Snap Pocket Nappy

Happy@home
TNN nerd

Post by Happy@home » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:29 pm

I have a medium baby blue caterpillar bib and tucker nappy and think its fab!! I have just posted photos in the gallery of my wee crawler!

http://thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB2/vi ... highlight=

Its a great fit around the legs. I stuff it with 2 microfibre inserts during the day. The artwork is lovely and stands up to being soaked in nappisan :smt023 The microfleece is super soft. The front opening is quite cool too.

Oh and Kate keeps you updated all the way through the order process and has super fast service!!!
Rebecca, HE mum to ds 17, ds16, dd 14, dd 12, dd 11, ds 9, ds 7, ds 6, dd 4, ds 2yo and due April mid '15

missgateau
TNN guru

Post by missgateau » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:35 pm

:lol: Thankyou Rebecca, extra smiley faces for you!!! :) :) :)

:) Kate
Kate (formerly bibandtucker)

white-rose
TNN guru

Post by white-rose » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:38 pm

I just got a gorgeous, divinely soft minky pocket for Charlie.
It is lovely, very well made, fits beautifully and is my new favourite.

I also loved being able to choose my colour combinations too. (wonder if I can convince DH that we need more nappies :lol: )

Charlie is 6mths and just over 7kg, he has it on the tightest setting. Even with his chubby thighs it is a great fit with heaps of room to grow. (tis a medium)

Louise - CBE and SAHM to 6 children; 14, 11, 9, 8, 6, and 4.
Angel mummy to MissK 12 and 2 little ^i^

*If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together. There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you. By Winnie the Pooh*

Owner and creator of Kanzu - Clothing with a difference https://www.facebook.com/kanzudesign

missgateau
TNN guru

Post by missgateau » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Ooh, what a cutie :smt007 . I love the name Charlie, bubs was going to be Charlie if she was a boy. Hang on (brain just kicked into gear), I've heard of girl's called Charlie too, hmmmmmmm :-k (sorry, just talking to myself here :oops: ).

Lovely nappy too :wink: .

:) :) Kate

trudi
TNN nerd

Post by trudi » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:49 pm

side snap size medioum review... :D
nicely gift wrapped with lollies!(always a winner with any MUM) :D
DH put the nappie on and he put it back to front!
after some correction.hmmhmm
it is a lovely fit....much better than a ll the fits i have made and also a better fit than fuzzi on him....its extremely well made(i examined the stitching very closely..sorry kate :oops:
you should be very proud of your work and the materials you are using
loved the front opening..inserts fitted well...just lurrrrrved it kate :D :D
here he is
Our trio of trouble
Taimana 04/04/07
Te Awhina 21/05/09
Tuihana 30/03/11

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:42 pm

Are the pictures on the back printed on?

missgateau
TNN guru

Post by missgateau » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:05 pm

Khai wrote:Are the pictures on the back printed on?

Hiya :)

The illustrations are handpainted by myself using fabric paint that has been tested for cloth nappies and will withstand hundreds of washes. I have my paint swatches on PUL that are permanently in the washing machine (and get thrown into the dryer too) and have been for well over a year without any significant change in colour.

Emma
TNN guru

Post by Emma » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:25 pm

They're all just gorgeous :D Just need to convince dh we need more nappies :wink:
Emma
Mum to 5 lovely children

Khai
TNN oracle

Post by Khai » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:25 pm

katydid wrote:

The illustrations are handpainted by myself using fabric paint that has been tested for cloth nappies and will withstand hundreds of washes. I have my paint swatches on PUL that are permanently in the washing machine (and get thrown into the dryer too) and have been for well over a year without any significant change in colour.

:smt007 Now stop that, you're just making me lust after them even more! :wink:

That's impressive, from the photos I'd seen, I'd just assumed they were embroidered or printed or something. You're clearly more talented than I'd realised! :)

missgateau
TNN guru

Post by missgateau » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:04 pm

Khai wrote:
katydid wrote:

:smt007 Now stop that, you're just making me lust after them even more! :wink:

That's impressive, from the photos I'd seen, I'd just assumed they were embroidered or printed or something. You're clearly more talented than I'd realised! :)

:oops: thankyou :)

Jessp
TNN nerd

Post by Jessp » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:21 pm

we have two med pockets, they fit both Rico (8.2kg) and Maia (13kg) both are chicken legs :oops:
We have a minky swirl blue OMG soo soft, Rico thought it was his new cuddly for a wee while
and a Paua one - so many comments Dad tried to tell me it would be a good lure for deepsea fishing :roll:

Both kids have worn them over night (13ish hours) and no marks not nothing (I breed senistive wee :TNN1: )
LOVE LOVE the minky might have to buy more, love the comments we get when people see them :wink: :wink:
Jess
Busy Mum to three Monkeys

nznats
TNN guru

Post by nznats » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:51 am

I have a small side snap B&T that I was given well used from a friend.
The fit is perfect on Davien and 1 of only 2 brands of nappies that dont leak. Davien is about 4.5kg at 3 weeks old and wears this nappy on the tightest settings, with room to add more stuffing for overnight.
The picture still looks great, and the fleece is still in excellent condition even after frequent use.
I love the look of these nappies, the quality and the fit and an excellent price for a gorgeous nappy!
Will be saving up to add more to my stash!
Natalie! Mama to Amalia (04/04) Aston (03/07) Davien (06/08) and Kalina (05/10) Beans (05/19)

~It will all be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end ~

redhead
TNN oracle

Post by redhead » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:44 am

I dont have my bubba to try them on yet but i purchased a small baby blue handpainted pocket and a tiedie print pocket a couple of weeks ago and am MORE then impressed!!

The quality is amazing!!!!!! love the closing for the inserts.

I love the fact that you can custom design the print pockets with fleece and snaps and how fast they are made considering they are custom made to order! the tie die print i purchased has to be the most beautiful nappy i have ever seen.

The hand painting on the baby blue pocket is so well done and such a great idea! is very unique.

cant wait to try them on my new bubba!
Mama to Ashton 7 and Flynn 4 and Madeline 1

Ashtons mummy
TNN guru

Post by Ashtons mummy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 am

yay fluffy mail arrived this morning!!! I got 2 large pocket sorbet minkies in blue and lime with suede cloth for ashton and 2 med pocket sorbet minkies in rainbow and pink with suede cloth for the new arrival they are sooooooo soft and devine!

Probably the easiet pocket ive ever had to stuff as its got a great crutch thinking it might possibly be a good night nappy becos I could fit heaps of stuffing in it but im yet to try night nappies.......might have to buy a few more if we go down that track lol

Heres ashton in his blue sorbet pocket hes on the tightest settings and hes a large fella at nearly 13.5kg he prob cud have gone down to a med (maybe he can wear his sisters lol)

Kylie

1 :king: April 2007 1 :queen: August 2008 1 :queen: April 2012 :angel: 11/3/13
1 :king: Jan 2014

missgateau
TNN guru

Post by missgateau » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Oh thank goodness they arrived :D :D :D . You had me worried there!!!

The minkee pockets would be great overnight as they have the extra protection of the polyester minkee on the PUL, so you will be very unlikely to get wicking coming through. Yes, you will be able to stuff them with lots for nighttime. I'd suggest mixing microfibre with bamboo/hemp inserts and just give it a go. I'm sure it will work well :) :) .

:) Kate

Return to “Pocket Nappies”