Bum Genius One size pocket

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:26 am

sunbird73 wrote:With the velcro - do they have laundry tabs? I have a fitted that I never got round to sewing the laundry tabs onto, and I can never remember to turn it inside out and do it up when its dirty to wash it - and now the suedecloth is all pilled as the hook sticks to it in the wash....

Its the only thing holding me back from getting some of these...

Please bear in mind I sell this product...
Yes they do! And I find mine don't undo in the wash which is excellent!!
Feel free to buy lots!! :wink:
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

sunbird73
TNN nerd

Post by sunbird73 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:27 am

cool thanks for that :) It didn't look like it from the pictures....

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:33 am

sunbird73 wrote:cool thanks for that :) It didn't look like it from the pictures....

If you go here: http://bumbles.co.nz/store/cloth-nappie ... 71_78.html
You can see a square sewn with a cross in the middle of it, just above the covered insert opening. I've always thought this was the laundry tab thingie, it's where I fold mine to, and they never seem to come undone. BUT, it doesn't say that's what it is so maybe it isn't? :smt101
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:38 am

I don't sell them so can give my opinion that isn't at all biased (hehe) :wink:

I am a snap girl but Love these naps and the velcro has never come off the laundry tabs in the wash. Mine still look good as new.

Go on, get one to try....I wasn't disappointed :D

mandli
TNN guru

Post by mandli » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:25 am

I got one last week from Bumbles and I like it. I don't do Velcro but it's such a lovely fit that I'm prepared to forgive it for the velcro :D
Lisa, mama to Maya, no more nappies here!

[url=http://www.alterna-tickers.com][img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/971631.png[/img][/url]

missgateau
TNN guru

Post by missgateau » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:28 am

These naps are cool!!!! Ultra user friendly, great fit, and very cute. Big thumbs up! :D :dancin:
Kate (formerly bibandtucker)

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:55 pm

I find them incredibly hard to stuff and I don't like where the fold back tabs are - too far back, not strengthened so hard to pull off unless I do it before I put it on him. I don't use ours much.

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:27 am

Gosh, i'm suprised you don't use them much. I love my new BG. I love that the tabs fix really well so they don't come undone in the wash, or while on. I like that the back flap is there so the chances of the insert touching baby's skin is minimal. I do agree that they may be slightly harder to stuff, but it just doesn't worry me. I also love the new pul. Yay for BG! :smt041
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:09 pm

My lovely green one just arrived today. I was so excited Joel's wearing it already and it looks lovely on. So far I like all it's features. As far as stuffing goes apart from getting the insert over the lip of the snaps, no probs. Far easier than my swaddlebees :? with thier narrow crotch and sticky PUL!
Will post a pic in the gallery once DH gets home to help get the photo up :oops: . He's soooo cute - the baby that is! (but I am biased!)
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:07 am

I find Swaddlebees easier than bumgenius! I only use hemp in swaddlebees though, not sure how the microfibre inserts would be.

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:58 pm

So, I've been using this nap for a while now, and am loving it. It has held a far few explosive poos. It still looks fab and I too love the valcros' softness, and the fact that the tabs don't stick to everything else in the wash.
If I had to find fault I'd say the pocket opening is a little awkward (?sp :oops: ) to get flat when putting the nap on, and also I've noticed the suedecloth is a little bit prone to stinkyness - but I've since remedied this with using vinegar in my cycle. All in all a great nappy and I can't wait for my co op ones to arrive :smt041
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

bumGenius 2.0 ROCKS!!!

Post by ms.belinda » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:55 pm

I purchased 6 of these from Mother's Instinct. She even phoned me to talk me through my questions (great lady!)

Thumbs up all around for this nappy from me and husband - who was a hard sell on cloth nappies at first, but who favours these definitely. A million times easier to use than Mommy's Touch - and I don't care about the lack of colour choice - easy trade off for a simpler nappy.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT, 11/10 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! I can't rave enough...:lol:
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Ben's have started rubbing his legs for some perculiar reason. I have ensured that the velcro is well away from his skin when I put it on, but maybe now cos he's crawling around everywhere at a rate of knots, maybe it's slipping or something as he's getting horrible rubs and red patches on his thighs and today also underneath the left tab (hard to explain) where the top of the nappy and the bottom of the nappy overlap. Very strange, but i'm quickly going off this nappy. :cry:

Having to change to snaps, and am selling off my velcro nappies - because of the above, and also cos he's undoing velcro now. Never thought i'd see the day.

Moss07
TNN newbie

Post by Moss07 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Caroline, I'm having the same problem with my little man and the BG's. Something about the elastic in the leg gussets is just not working out and no matter how I put them on, he's left with huge red rings around his thighs. And they definitely hurt him because he stops screaming when I take them off :(

I've noticed elsewhere (maybe on the Cheek boutique thread?) you've rated them highly-- so do I! Max's thighs stay their lovely plush selves wear after wear of the Cheek Boutiques. Very pleased with these ones. :D
and in and out of weeks
and almost over a year
to where the wild things are.

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Yes, I love that the cheek boutique nappies couldn't possibly rub. So soft and plush! I should really get some "proper" inserts for them as i'm just using cotton babies (2 overnight) and they're a little hard to stuff! :lol:

I was just bidding on a Very Babies night nappy, but someone has gone higher than my highest bid ( :x ) so I guess I won't be trying one of these any time soon. I think they look really good as a night time nappy. Has anyone tried one of these? - oh, probably shouldn't be asking this on this thread! :lol:

Return to “Pocket Nappies”