Pea Pods

Robin
TNN addict

Pea Pods

Post by Robin » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:59 am

I'd really like to hear a review of Pea Pods pocket nappies. I just noticed them on the Busy Behinds website http://www.busybehinds.co.nz/ the other day. They look really good and the price is great--they come with an insert. Not many colour choices, but you can't have everything. So who has used them? Snoopy--you mentioned them and that's how I got looking into them. What do you think?
Robin, mom to Katie 24 Jan 2005

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:52 am

WOW the are a good price. Sorry I have not used them at all. Look good though :D
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:14 pm

http://www.forum.nappycino.com/showthread.php?t=4510

Not a lot of actual 'in-use' reviews yet as they are still quite new, but its something :)

Robin
TNN addict

Post by Robin » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:08 am

Thanks for that Stacey! I'll keep an eye on that thread.
Robin, mom to Katie 24 Jan 2005

snoopy
TNN nerd

Post by snoopy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:59 am

Hi

I have just purchased one of these, it looks very trim and the insert is great. Will wash it today and give it a try and let you know. THe insert is a hemp flat as opposed to the microfibre fuzzi's one so will let you know how it goes.

leven_one
Inactive for 6 months+

Post by leven_one » Wed May 17, 2006 8:20 am

I love this nap it is very nice. It looks great and had been well made. My 9.5kg son fits the med on the tightest setting and i would say that will last till he is toilet trained. These are a aswome price and i would love to get another couple but do i realy need them hehe. Riley is in between sizes in fuzzis med to small large to big so i have been thinking about getting rid of them and getting these. Thats how much i love them :)
Renee
Mummy of Alyssa born 18-3-02 and Riley 28-6-05 and five babies in heaven

snoopy
TNN nerd

Post by snoopy » Wed May 17, 2006 11:14 am

I got the large for my 10.3kg boy and they are massive, way too big. So thats a bonus, he will fit the mediums for ages. Which reminds me.........must order a medium................ :lol: :lol:

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Tue May 23, 2006 4:33 pm

The Pea Pods run large.

My 10kg son fits the small and medium (different settings)

They come with a hemp insert and you can buy microfibre boosters.

So for less than $30 you get a pocket nappy with hemp insert plus a microfibre booster.

This has got to be the most economical pocket yet!!!!! :D

They are great for trips out. I haven't tried them overnight as I prefer fitteds.

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Thu May 25, 2006 8:17 pm

I just got an XL today for DS- I love the look and the fit is good- no gaping even with heaps of night stuffing. It fits 19kg DS on the second from tightest snaps.
I was really pleased with the service from Busy Behinds- they kept me informed every step of the way (XL needed to be ordered in)
The nappy arrived very nicely presented in a little cotton bag that matched the colour of the nappy.
The hemp insert looks great- but DS thought it was so nice he took it to bed as a cuddly so the nappy is stuffed with a toddler prefold and a cottonbabies insert- and no gaping!
I will update in the morning with how it went :D

ETA: I love this nappy- It contains the morning explosion! It looks good, fits great and works very well :D

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:50 pm

ok guys anyone have a pic of this nappy in use?or wait is there alredy one posted??will have to check.....
what is polyester knit??im gueesing not PUL?
im really liking the look of these and thought i might try one...

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:51 pm

aylasmummy wrote:what is polyester knit??im gueesing not PUL?

Laminated polyester knit is the standard PUL fabric, so yes it is what we lazily call "PUL" (not a laminated cotton print fabric which may wick) kwim?

I've seen these pockets (via Kaz), they're pretty impressive for the price.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:57 pm

oh i see :) thanks!!
im trying to decide between another rosies pocket,another swaddlebee orr a pea pod :lol: and before rachael says anything hehe im selling some first!!:)

West_Mum
TNN nerd

Post by West_Mum » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:09 pm

Here's my boy in his pea pod. It's a medium, fits well in the thighs but a little loose in the waist (he does have a small waist). He's nearly 10kgs and it's on the tightest setting.

I do like them (i have two), dosn't have two lots of snaps though (like fuzzis). but great value for money.

The nappy looks smallish but is surprisingly stretchy! I think my boy may have fitted a small, but i was happy to go with the medium, just have to fatten his tum up a little...

Liz - mum to my 3 gorgeous redheads

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Erika at 10 weeks old in a small one.

Well this is my first pocket nappy so I don't know how qualified I am, but I love it!
I only use it overnight because we were using disposables.
I stuff it with the Hemp insert which came with it and one of our old face washers! No leaks so far and keeps her bum nice and dry, even after 12 hours!
I do put a jonsons nappy liner in it, not sure why though, I think it just habit!

Was contemplating buying another brand, but then decided when i get a few more will probably just get the Pea Pods, as I am well impressed.

They are really little so she can wiggle more and dry in no time at all.

I love em.

Got mine at the wee wuns and am also well impressed with them! Super helpful and the quikest delivery. Also the price is great
www.theweewuns.com.au

kannichen
TNN addict

Post by kannichen » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:33 pm

I love these too- they have converted me to pockets (before hand I couldn't see what all the fuss was about)

They have held one of DS's rather explosive poo's which IMHO is a minor miracle!!

Sizing definantly is large- my 6kg (chubby) son is on the smallest setting of size small.

Edited to correct grammer

Return to “Pocket Nappies”