Ella's House Bumhuggers

Rodent
TNN nerd

Ella's House Bumhuggers

Post by Rodent » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:39 pm

I bought two of these nappies in size small. I have been using them each every day or two for the last 3 weeks or so and the elastic around both legs has already gone in one of them :? Not overly impressed with that, even though it still works fine. I've found that the other one is smelling a little when it gets wet (just of dampness, not urine) but I've put it on a longer cycle with a different detergent to see if that fixes the problem. They also seem fairly small for what the weight range says. They claim to go to 9kg but my son is only just over 5kg and on the 2nd last snap around the waist (smaller on the legs). They do have great absorbancy (though my son is only 5 1/2 weeks so I don't know how they'd go on an older child) and they are fairly trim. The inner fleeces are cute, I have a paw print one and a rainbow burst. They're good but for the price I guess I expected the elastic etc to last longer than 3 weeks....

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

VanJeffery
TNN guru

Post by VanJeffery » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:34 am

I would too! I'd ring them. They might replace them for you or allow you to return them. Either way, it sounds like the elastic is defective. Worth a try to gave them replaced. :lol:
Christine -- I have succumbed to blogging!

[url=http://purdypeas.wordpress.com][img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o90/vanjeffery/Blogline3.jpg[/img][/url]

And yes, I AM one of those crazed Twilight people!

Cabbettenz
TNN nerd

Post by Cabbettenz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:21 am

Speaking as a WAHM....
Ring them and ask if they will replace the elastic.
Most have a 30 day returns policy on workman ship and materials. (Check with them it maybe a little different.)

The elastic is probably a bad batch. I have had one of those myself. Sews fine, no signs of it being old stock or perishing. But after a few washes it dies....This can happen. (don't actually know why??) I was lucky it was one of Lliams nappies and not an order.

So ya...Give them as chance to make it right.

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:49 pm

Unfortunately I bought these months ago (stocking up before the baby was born) so any 30 day warrantee is well and truly over... They've still worked ok so I just didn't worry about it.

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

Neak1
TNN guru

Post by Neak1 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:26 pm

I'd still ring them, as the nappies you have may not be the only ones that have had this problem, I think most WAHM's would try and work something out to solve the problem.
Monique

Seth 8
Nina 4

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:29 pm

I would suggest your 30 day warranty is not over yet because although you've had these nappies for ages you've only been using them for 3 weeks - there is no way you could have used the for longer since Immanuel is not even a month old yet! I think most WAHM's would take that into consideration.
Mum of 6

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:42 am

He is now, he's 7 1/2 weeks. I've probably been using them the 30 days now anyway so I'm not going to try and get it replaced though I will contact the place I bought it from just to let them know that there was a problem.

Thanks for the advice,
--Rodent

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:21 pm

I have the new style which has a pocket and a foldout booster and love it! We use it at night with great sucess
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:57 am

Yup, a definite thumbs down for the original style Ella's House BumHuggers. Apart from the elastic issues I had early on, they have a weird shape/fit and aren't very absorbant (I know much better this time!). I don't like that the leg ruffle bit is hard and rolls inwards so it digs in. They did last Immanuel for stretches of about 4 hours while sleeping when he was little but he was never a heavy wetter. Zevulun soaks them within an hour. Unfortunately because of the elastic issue I can't sell one of them but the other is in my "sell" pile. Can't wait until it's out of here and not cluttering the place up....

--Rodent

Return to “Fitted Nappies”