Mother-ease one size

Rappy
Inactive for 6 months+

Mother-ease one size

Post by Rappy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:57 am

I've been using Mother-ease one size nappies since Nic was 5 months old. Now he's almost a year old and a lot bigger but they still work really well. I was given the ones I started with but have subsequently bought more from www.nipnaps.com.au

The Motherease nappies do up in about three different ways dependent on the size of the baby. They are very quick and easy to use. They are soft cotton towelling. Drying time is better than snazzipants. For daytime use I find one alone is fine, for night I snap in a booster and usually add an extra booster as well.

I use the Motherease Rikki covers with them and they are fantastic covers. So soft and I can honestly say I have never had a leak. Unlike the nappies you do need to get a larger cover size as baby grows.

Because this nappy really will take you through from newborn to toddler, it seems a far more economical choice than some of the others than only fit a particular size range. I like them a lot.

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:12 pm

I dont find these fit well at all - the cover leaves awful marks on my little mans legs even after a very short time.

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:56 am

Mother Ease One-Size: our most-used night time nappy. Although we started using it at 3 months, I like to add the snap-in booster, so have had it on the larger setting (if you saw them, you'd know what I mean). It still fits well this way. It comfortably lasts Emily a 12 hour sleep. I don't find the drying a problem. I love towelling!

We also have a Sandy's nappy (won't start a new thread since they're not "locally available" unless second-hand). It is size Large - yet I've just started using it on Emily (nearly 7 months) at night-time. Although there's lots of room to grow, it seems to fit okay (wouldn't use it if she was going to poo though). The frills are quite large, so a larger overnap is required (I've used Mother Ease and Stacinator).

As for the covers - we started out with marks on Em's legs, then I discovered that if I did the legs looser it didn't leave marks and it didn't leak (despite a soaking nappy and pjs over the top). So, for those of you having trouble with these covers, make the legs loose and as long as fabric isn't hanging out, it won't leak.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

joanna
TNN newbie

too bulky

Post by joanna » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:30 pm

I like the idea of the one-size, so got a trial pack, but I found it too bulky, as the fabric is all on the sides as well. Other nappies are bulky underneath only, which is where you need it most!
And the snaps, while cleverly designed, are a bit fiddly to get on.
of course theyr'e much more accessible than flat naps, but no where near as easy as some of the other fitteds!
Mum of girls - #3 due for arrival 3rd April 07!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:59 am

Love love love these nappies! :D Bought a sample pack from Canada originally before my son was born, then wanted more when I found out how great they were! Managed to get some second-hand from a woman in Texas (!) via the Motherease forum, and have got covers from Nip Naps in Australia.

Anyway, have used them successfully overnight with liner/booster and Snazzi booster, but have a heavy wetter so currently prefer a Wonderoo overnight. Have tried Rikki and Airflow covers, and have to to say I much prefer the Airflow, as the Rikki seem to leave marks around my son's waist.. maybe the velcro rubbing on his skin?

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Tue May 03, 2005 8:57 pm

I just bought a trial pack of these off the Nipnaps website, figured $35 for nap, cover and booster with free postage pretty good.
So far I really like it, it's a bit wide in the crotch, but being towelling that doesn't seem to bother my boys. Fits both well (15kg and 11kg), and the large cover also does both. We havent' had a poo yet, so don't know how it'll cope with that, but will find out. I am planning to try it overnight soon too. :wink:
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

the nappy lady
TNN addict

mother-ease, now "locally available"

Post by the nappy lady » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:46 am

my friend paula and i have both got 6 month old babies and we both started using mother-ease and tots bots nappies when they were first born. we both loved them so much we have become suppliers in new zealand for both. so we are doing the trial packs and we stock the sandys line as well.

for more info and prices you can contact us by email at nappydays@xtra.co.nz

kate
Last edited by the nappy lady on Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Nappy Lady
www.TheNappyLady.co.nz

www.NappyDays.co.nz

sarahw
TNN nerd

Post by sarahw » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:00 pm

I too bought a trial pack from Nipnaps.com.au (it's a great deal, with free postage).

I have been pleased with the fitted nappy so far, it's lovely and soft, and I like the snap in soaker.

Ryan wore the Motherease nappy to bed last night, with a fleece topped hemp booster, and the Airflow cover. Seemed to do the trick! No leaks and no waking. The cover did leave red marks on the front of his legs, but I had it done up pretty tight, so I'll try a looser setting next time.

My only negative comment is that the fit isn't quite right for Ryan. The large fitting is a bit loose around the legs, but the medium is way too small. Nevermind, he'll grow!

Edit to add: Tried the one size overnight with a wool soaker - major flood! So these are nowhere near as absorbant as our usual hemp snazzis. Also still getting red marks from the Airflow cover - I think because Ryan pulls his kness up under him when he sleeps, and the legs on the cover are not very stretchy, so cut in.

Overall - I'd say fine as a daytime nappy, but both cover and nappy are expensive for what you get (if you pay full price - trial pack still a good deal). We'll be sticking to our hemp snazzis around here.
Back for another round with baby #3

Anonymous

mother ease all in one and sandys

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:06 pm

i looooove these nappies!!! they are so easy to use with the snaps and also very absorbent and fit well. the covers are very cute with the little animals.

the sandys nappy is ultra cute!

i brought a trial pack from nappy days in new zealand. they sold it for the same price as nipnaps with free postage too.

hippychick1
TNN newbie

Post by hippychick1 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:15 pm

Hi All,

Desperately seeking motherease!!
I have sent a couple of emails to nappydays as posted on this website as NZ suppliers but both emails have been bounced back to me.
I would like to give them my business.....can anyone help with contact details for them???

Many thanks
Cara

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:52 am

Hi Cara

I got sent their info with their contact details as below

Kate Meads
07 549 2955
027 22 11 242

or Paula Lowrie
07 863 3453

nappydays@xtra.co.nz
Mum of 6

Rua Mama
TNN addict

Motherease

Post by Rua Mama » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:23 pm

I bought a few Motherease nappies on Trade me and although initially they seemed bulky now that he is 9.5kg (4.5 months!) they are the perfect fit. Although much wider in the between the legs are great for nights too. There's enough room to boost them up (they even fit a large size Fuzzibunz insert)... I find the best cover over them is a Designer bums two layered merino...
Also they seem to last really well. I havn't bought many second hand naps but these were still in excellant condition. The edging is really nice and soft too.
I did buy some brand new nappies in a very similar style to Motherease which are made from lovely organic cotton. They are also a one size and one of the softest natural fabric nappies i have found. I got them on Trade me under heading 'Organic nappy' .They are unbranded but are also made in Canada. They are slightly smaller than the Motherease and although still fit Poutama now if he expands much more they won't. People keep saying to us he'll slim down when he starts moving but he's still got a while before that happens!
Proud Mums of our gorgeous sons:
Poutama born May 2005 & Taaniko born Dec 2008

PollyM
TNN newbie

Motherease onesize

Post by PollyM » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:03 pm

I bought a load of these off EBay and have used them for ages from birth to 4 years old. I had 18 months with two children in nappies and it was great to have one nappy that worked for both of them at the same time - no sorting - just with different size covers.

Both of my children are out of naps during the day but I still use these overnight for my 2 year old. My 4 1/2 year old uses a triple stuffed fuzzibuns overnight as he is a big child and a big wetter.

Onesize launder and dry well and are standing the test of time too. I have another babe on the way and it's nice to know that they probably have enough life in them to last another 2 or 3 babies!

They seem to be very expensive in NZ - have seen them for sale at Comonsense Organics in Wgtn - so I would recommend getting them from USA if at all possible.

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:36 am

We only have 1 or these and I find it good for my wee man, but my power pee'er needs a hemp booster in it. It fits both of them really well even though there's a big size difference and I can't remember a poo blowout. A bit wider then the others through the middle but it doesn't seem to matter really. Would definately buy more.
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

figi9
TNN nerd

motherease all in one

Post by figi9 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:49 pm

i don't know what i'm doing wrong. :smt017 i bought one of these off trade me recently and tried it on Miko straight away. It was HUGE. I took it straight off again. He is 10kg, 1yrs old, and from what i have read here should fit him fine. It gaped so much at his legs i could fit my whole hand in the space. it hung down between his legs half way to his knees. :evil:

Did i put it on wrong????? :smt100

There are only snaps to do up at the waist, no leg ones.

Any advice, otherwise it'll get put away until he is much, much bigger, like at school!
Hirekits avaliable. 3 x NB/SM and a Med/Lrg. Especially on the West Coast or South Island fimale99@hotmail.com

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10751;448/st/20050610/n/Miko+ArtStar/dt/18/k/918e/age.png[/img]

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wSi8zMa/weight.png[/img]

Return to “Fitted Nappies”