Rosie's Naps

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Rosie's Naps

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:42 am

I have just recently bought two of these fitteds new from our very own Rosie and am absolutely impressed with the workmanship of these (even though Rosie is very humble about her sewing abilities). Best of all, it works like a charm.

The nappy is made from 2 layers of sherpa with a layer of suedecloth (the side that goes against baby's skin). It has a snap in soaker which is made from three layers of sherpa and one layer of suedecloth. This nappy is very absorbent but still really trim, and quick dry due to the separate soaker. It closes with snaps.

Great NZ made nappy that works like a charm - Rosie you make us proud with these nappies that I believe are right up there with the overseas ones.

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:12 am

I have to agree with everything above! I bought two naps and a PUL cover with microfleece legs/waist. The workmanship is fantastic, the design is awesome, they wash and dry well, very trim yet absorbant and they look great. Not to mention how nice Rosie is to deal with, the fast turnaround time and great price. Rosie made us a custom size even - being that JJ is right in the middle of the weight ranges, but skinny - and they fit so well, you'd think she snuck down here and fitted them on JJ one night while we were all asleep! LOL!

Fantastic Rosie - keep up the good work!

Stacey

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:20 pm

Where can we buy these? Do we have to join the nappy frenzy on trademe or can we contact Rosie ourselves. I love sherpa!! They sound so NICE for my new baby's little bottom!! Sharon (#3 due in 5wks)

sphanges
TNN nerd

Post by sphanges » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:45 pm

I have a large purple sherpa one that CC gave me, and I love it! The snaps are much harder for Ben to undo than velcro. It's very well made, the snaps make it look very professional. I have a large and it fits Ben at 15m/11-12ish kgs well with lots of room to grow because it's so adjustable.

My favourite part of it is the beautiful, soft, fluffy sherpa :)

B

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:51 pm

Ooo B, now i'm worried, sounds like our boys are the same size/weight, and i've just ordered a medium, which apparently is 9 - 14 kg. is your boy right on the tightest setting? I'm just sick of ordering ones large and it taking ages for him to grow into it (ie large fbs)
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

Rosie
TNN addict

Post by Rosie » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:14 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Thanks guys!!!!!

sphanges
TNN nerd

Post by sphanges » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:47 pm

Don't worry Rachel, it's done up pretty tight, even crosses I think.. can't quite remember as he's only worn it once so far, but it will cetainly fit him for ages.

Cheers
B

Happy@home
TNN nerd

Post by Happy@home » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:29 am

I spotted one of these naps on trademe recently and did a buynow!
Im impressed, it arrived about lunch and I washed & dried it under 2 hrs (yeah Wgtn wind)!

its dries super fast, is a great trim fit and the med fits a bummis SWW med well. Compared to a snazzipants fitted size 1 ...well there is no comparison really. The snazzis do take ages to dry...
Its also super absorbant.

I would really recommend them.
I have already ordered the next size and some wipes.

Way to to Rosie!
Rebecca, HE mum to ds 17, ds16, dd 14, dd 12, dd 11, ds 9, ds 7, ds 6, dd 4, ds 2yo and due April mid '15

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:51 pm

How much are these?

Where/how do we buy?

How do they compare size and fit wise with newborn/size 0 kissaluvs?

Cheers
Janine
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:06 pm

Nate wore his sherpa nappy for the second time yesterday. boy it is trim! I was a bit worried that the rise wasn't high enough, but it fits perfectly, he just can't get any taller. The first time he wore it after 2 hours it was totally sopping/saturated, so that was a bit long, so today i boosted it with a snazzi doubler and it lasted 2 hours and was just damp on the outside, so that was good. Still trim even with the doubler inside. and contained all the poos!

I love it!
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

rachael
TNN nerd

Post by rachael » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:50 pm

I am really really impressed with these nappies! They are lovely and soft, I love the velour inner and they just seem so comfy for bubs. Also really quick drying and has contained two nasty poos really well. They are my favourite fitted by far now! Definately a 5 for fit.
Mya (12) Elise (10) Robbie (7) Daniel (4)

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:23 am

Just waiting for a little botty to put my one on. Very impressed with the workmanship. Size-wise, my newborn one is about the same as my Kissaluvs size 0. Hope to update about the fit in the next month or so;-) Sharon

Happy@home
TNN nerd

How to get your Rosie nap?

Post by Happy@home » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:37 pm

Hi Janine

Rosie is on the membership list here-I think she wouldn't mind if you PM ed her. She lives in Whakatane and is on the first page.

Her naps cost $15 + $3.50 for postage -great for a fitted nap.

I highly recommend her.

Rebecca who loves fitted naps
Rebecca, HE mum to ds 17, ds16, dd 14, dd 12, dd 11, ds 9, ds 7, ds 6, dd 4, ds 2yo and due April mid '15

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:28 pm

Thanks Sharon and Rebecca,

Have just ordered 2 newborn sherpa naps - so am now epecting fluffy mail next week.

Cheers
Janine
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

**sunshine**
TNN nerd

Post by **sunshine** » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:15 am

I have a beautiful lilac fitted sherpa nappy made by Rosie. It feels so snug and is really kind to my 15 month olds chubbie legs (leave no nasty red marks).

I love the snaps, and just love the whole design really. I would give this nappy a 5 out of 5. I am definatly ordering more!!!

If anyone has been contimplating buying one, I can totally reccomend buying one, worth every cent, you will be amazed by the workmanship and for such a great price too.

Thanks Rosie!!

Return to “Fitted Nappies”