Rosie's Naps

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:17 pm

I received my 2 newborn sherpa naps and loved them so much that I ordered 3 more! :roll:

The workmanship is fab as pp's have said and they are so darn cute - the newborn size has an umbilical snap down bit too!! :D

Bubs due any day so will let you know how they go as soon as I have a bum to put them on, but to date I am really impressed. And cheap too! :wink:

Cheers
Janine
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

MMT
TNN convert

Post by MMT » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:37 pm

Does rosie have a website up and running yet, so we can see what she has avaliable?
What sizes? Prices? Colours?
Son = Andrew DOB 26/10/04
Daughter = Vanessa DOB 11/8/06
Cloth Nappy Babies since birth!

Vanyalos
TNN addict

Post by Vanyalos » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:36 pm

I purchased two newborn sherpa naps for my baby on the way and they look so tiny & precious and very well made. Rosie was quick to make them up and get them sent out too *thumbs up*.

MMT - I read somewhere else that she's working on a website .. www.rosiesnaps.co.nz .. it's not up and running as of yet though. Best thing to do is email her or PM her.
♥ Del

Mum to B (9) & L (5)

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:48 pm

MMT,

If you email her she is really quick at replying, and lets you know what colours and styles she has available with prices.

email: RosieJohn@xtra.co.nz

Cheers
Janine
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:24 pm

5 for fit
5 for cuteness
5 for functionality

I have 5 newborn sherpa naps and these are what I have been using (amoung others) on my newborn from day one!

The fit is fab (he was 8lb, 53cm long at birth), no leaks, no staining even with meconium and they are soo soft against his skin.

The snap down worked really well for freeing up the area around his umbilical stump too.

I would highly recommend these for a newborn, they have worked so well for us I am ordering a heap more!

Cheers
Janine

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:57 am

Rave, rave, rave!! These are GREAT. I wish I had more than four. The umbilical snap down is perfect & they are a great fit even on my hefty son (born 10lb5oz). They'd be good on a much smaller baby using the cross over snaps & you'd get good use out of them. I think they're a great investment for newborns as I'm sure the resale value will be good too.

Mama-to-many
TNN nerd

Post by Mama-to-many » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:20 pm

Do you think it is necessary to have the newborn size for a nine pounder or would small do the job?
Rachael
who pops onto TNN when Flower tells her to!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;46;15/st/19940925/e/I+started+changing+naps/dt/16/k/7b00/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Rosie
TNN addict

Post by Rosie » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:36 pm

Hi Rachael

All my sizes overlap so you would be able to go straight into a small. I can also add extra crossover snaps if you need them.

There are a few differences between the two sizes
- the NB has an umbilical cord snapdown but has less snaps than the small.
- the NB is trimmer but the small is more absorbent.
- the NB is an inch smaller all round, it is a true NB size, on a smaller baby the small may leave room for blowouts to escape.
Rosie

embejo
TNN nerd

Sherpa or Hemp/velour

Post by embejo » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:54 pm

I'm considering one of Rosies fitteds for my hefty boy.... (8kg+ at only 4.5 months!). I'm going for a medium size, but not sure the differences between the SHERPA, or the HEMP/VELOUR.

Can someone give me a rundown on the pro's and con's of each?

They look soooo cute and soft. :roll: I just want to buy buy buy so many cloth nappies! No one told me it would be so addictive!
Mother of four lovely children
DD 8 years. DS 6 years. DS 4 years. DS 1 year.

Happy@home
TNN nerd

Post by Happy@home » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:45 am

I guess it depends what you like in a fitted:
I have both varieties

Personally I prefer the Sherpa, its soft and dries very quickly,
I would recommend the med for your son as my daughter is about 10kgs and only 14 mos and wears a med nap.

The velour is more absorbant though takes longer to dry.

Interestingly neither naps have been soaked through ...so they definately do the job. No leaks/blowouts with these.
For a cover I use a Bummis whisper pant (from snazzipants)
a size Small WP will fit a Rosie's Nap Small & Med.
HTH
Rebecca, HE mum to ds 17, ds16, dd 14, dd 12, dd 11, ds 9, ds 7, ds 6, dd 4, ds 2yo and due April mid '15

embejo
TNN nerd

Thanks

Post by embejo » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:21 pm

Thanks happy@home.

I've ordered a sherpa, medium. Should arrive Thursday, so I'll try to post and let you all know how it goes!

I'm already using a Bummis Whisper Wrap, Medium, so maybe that will do, but I'd like to try the whisper pants anyway.

Bye for now!

embejo
TNN nerd

My review of Rosies naps

Post by embejo » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:19 pm

I'm very please to give feedback on Rosies fitted nappies. I'v used a Sherpa/suedecloth one. Sized medium. I've used it with BSWW and a whisper pants.

The nappy itself is very well made, super soft, and a great fit. Quite adjustable with several snap settings. Even when done up quite firmly, it didn't leave red marks on my son's thighs or waist.

It was damp to touch on the outside after about 3 hours, used with one of Rosies hemp boosters. The inner layer didn't feel wet to touch against baby's skin. It has been tested with breast fed baby poo, and it was well contained, and no stains. Just cold wash and line dried.

Anyway, I really love this nappy. Pretty slim fit, and very cute and cuddly looking. I've also got a hemp/velour.

Highly recommended!

kiwi101
TNN nerd

Post by kiwi101 » Sun May 15, 2005 9:06 pm

we have just recieved our medium rosies, 1x hemp/velour & 1x hemp/sherpa

awesome fit on little mr sumo, so many other nappies seem to spread his legs very wide, becos of the fit around the big thighs, but these are very trim thru the crotch, as well as being nicely cut over his thigh...

all in all, i am very impressed, great workmanship, great fit, they seem to be absorbant & they are quick drying, what more could i ask :)

pix posted soon...
The Kiwis

I am a typo just WAITING to happen...

we are manic, mellow, average, exceptional, independant, reliant on each other, tired, full of energy...

caffiene is NOT my friend, neither is sugar... But that hasn't stopped me yet ...

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:27 pm

Yep, ditto to the other great reviews.

These nappies are marvelous and I am so pleased the size medium fits both my boys. Much better fit than any one-size I have tried. Byron will fit the medium for quite some time too so that rocks! lol
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

the nappy lady
TNN addict

new born naps soooooooo cute

Post by the nappy lady » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:58 pm

i have not tried rosies nappies yet but i saw her new born hire sets at the tauranga nappachinos and they are sooo cute. just makes me want to have another baby to try them out!!!! :lol:
The Nappy Lady
www.TheNappyLady.co.nz

www.NappyDays.co.nz

Return to “Fitted Nappies”