Baby Beehinds

Dunners
TNN oracle

Baby Beehinds

Post by Dunners » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:55 am

I was sent this gorgeous fitted nappy as a Secret Santa present. Receiving it was the start of the "hmm - what other gorgeous nappies do I not know about?". Aargh - what a silly question to ask - there are too many out there!

There is a Baby Beehinds website http://www.babybeehinds.com.au/index.php , and the products are also sold in other online stores such as http://www.darlingsdownunder.com.au/pro ... =BabyBeeHH

I cannot find info about this specific nappy, but it is the exact same clever design as the Hemp Honeys found on either site above.

It is a one-size nappy, the clever fold down snap system caters for shortening the rise, or snapping on booster pads. And, there are snaps for a mini-booster from the back of the nappy too.

It is a wonderful trim fit, despite being very absorbent. I have used it at night with extra stuffing (between the fitted and cover as I can't fit more in the nappy IYKWIM). It takes about the same length of time to dry as our other towelling fitted nappies.

My only gripe with it, is the exposed snap caps leaving marks on Em's skin - no biggy, and if I use a microfleece liner I take a bit more care to try to cover the snaps so that marks are reduced.

I've added a couple of photos to the gallery too.
Last edited by Dunners on Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:58 am

Baby beehinds are the only fitted nappy i have at the moment (i have made my own or use terry flats), and i got the combination trial pack.
I love these nappies (LOL i only have my own homemades to compare to as yet), they are our nightime nappy and i have never had a leak. i use the hemp booster or the microfibre and the PUL cover is so wonderfully SOFT :D . I think i may have shrunk the wool cover a little :oops: - it now only fits over some prefolds i have, but it too is great - with wonderfully soft FOE.
I wouldn't say it is super trim, but give it the thumbs up for absorbancy :D

Kylie
Mum to 3 little cherubs

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:26 pm

I just recieved my baby beehinds bamboo fitted and cover....
First impressions:
The nappy is SOOOO soft and SOOO cute!!!even my mum commented on this one and said she wouldnt mind putting it on ayla :o :lol:
The cover is interesting...I got the large and its just a wee bit bigger than a medium bummis super whisper wrap....It has foldback laundry tabe BUT the hook on the cover isnt like regular hook...its sorta plasticy (hard to explain...still works aswell as normal hook though but looks like it would do less damage in the washing machine if it was to get caught on something.....
Anyways havnt used the nappy yet.. im guessing i have to wash it first??anybody know :)

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:46 pm

Where did you get it Heather? Sounds nice
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:53 pm

I got it off trademe...seller:1babystuff1(am i allowed to say that on here)
But i know busybehinds sells them aswell...although i got it alot cheaper than they sell for on there :wink:

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:06 pm

bamboo much because it takes ages to dry

Lisa are you thinking of selling it???? If you are I maybe interested, let me know. :)
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:09 pm

does it really take that long to dry?Im sooo not a fitted person(because of that reason) but just HAD to try one....and know i can always sell to one of you nappy mad bunch if i dont like it....do you find a big difference absorbency wise betwen the hemp and bamboo one? 8)

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:13 pm

ok i have now used this nappy a few times and i LOVE it!!New nighttime favourite here is the baby beehinds bamboo one size with a hemp flat and a polar bummi cover!!
That lasted ayla last night from 8pm-10am and the back quarter of the hemp flat and the nappy was bone dry!!and the best part...NO LEAKS!I didnt have a problem with the snaps touching aylas skin as i laid the hemp flat over the mini booster and snaps at the back of the nappy then put the main soaker i folded into thirds at the front of the nappy(aylas a tummy sleeper) and a microfleece liner over all that!The nappy fitted the hemp flat in it nicely and was still tight enough around the thighs!
I am not a fitted person but this is nearly enough to convert me!after many many months of leaking night nappies(pockets) ive finally found something that works overnight and stil isnt sopping wet!! YAYYYY!!
Very impressed with the nappys absorbency and softness(and its OH SOOO CUTE on!!!) but i have to agree with the drying time issues!I had this outside for about 2 hours(wasnt sunny but wasnt raning) and then hung it on the heated towel rail (in seperate parts) for 3 days!!In summer though i doubt it would be much of a problem!
Anyway overall i loveee this nappy and am really tempted to get another in one of those gorgeous colours!!someone come stop me!!!!!!!! :?

snoopy
TNN nerd

Post by snoopy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:01 pm

glad to hear its a goodie as have just ordered their nighttime trial pack - bamboo fitted and wool cover and bamboo booster.....can't wait to try it now! but alas, 4 wk lead time.......will be a nice surprise when it arrives though.
Tash
Mum to Nathan 15-5-5
7lb 5oz and
Catherine 25-01-08
7lb 3oz

Hayley
TNN nutter

Post by Hayley » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:06 pm

Hey Heather

There were some older style bamboo nappies that took a long time to dry but this issue has been corrected and the new style are 70%bamboo and 30% cotton so maybe check what the label says on your one. The newer Baby Beehinds Bamboo dry a lot quicker.

A link below from Nappycino about drying time.

http://forum.nappycino.com.au/f-fitted- ... 13054.html

Cheers

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:30 pm

oh thanks for that hayley....just chekced the label and yup mines 100% bamboo....Now im REALLY tempted to get another one(im guessing the coloured ones you have in are 70% and 30%?)Why do they have to be so expensive?LOL although i do loveee them and thats rare for me and fitteds!

I also noticed the wool covers on your site :smt060 i MUST walk away from the computer NOW!!!!!!!

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:43 pm

snoopy wrote:glad to hear its a goodie as have just ordered their nighttime trial pack - bamboo fitted and wool cover and bamboo booster.....can't wait to try it now! but alas, 4 wk lead time.......will be a nice surprise when it arrives though.

Where did you order it from? Sounds interesting

snoopy
TNN nerd

Post by snoopy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:56 pm

Sue

got it from www.babybeehinds.com.au good price too! $A45 for the cover, the nappy and the booster............ :lol:
Tash
Mum to Nathan 15-5-5
7lb 5oz and
Catherine 25-01-08
7lb 3oz

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:29 am

Ive decided to add another review for this nappy!Im still loving it and cant wait for summer to get it dry nice and fast!
I have used it overnight a few more times now (the same combo with a hemp flat and polar bummi cover) and this morning after the nappy had been on for 12 hours(ayla had had 3 bottles too) the outside of the nappy was damp to touch,the hemp flat was sopping but the back half,the very top and the wings of the nappy were DRY!!!Im considering trying it on its own without the hemp flat or maybe just a booster!
The other night ayla was in a disposable (grrrr to her grandma) and she was saturated by 3 so i changed her than she was saturated again by 8am!!
I would LOVEEE to get another one of these but finances wont allow at the moment(if ever :( ) but i thought id update again anyway because i know i like to read peoples reviews a few months down the track to see if its still working/or not for them....

Hayley
TNN nutter

Post by Hayley » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:08 am

Heather

I use my BBB with one extra booster (which is one I made of 1 layer of BKT and 1 layer of hemp and 1 layer of microfleece) on my 18 month old and it works a treat. The back of the nappy and wings are dry.
We put the nappy on just before bed and Ollie has a bottle of milk and no nappy changes through the night. So nappy is on approx 11/12 hours.

Return to “Fitted Nappies”