Baby Beehinds

kia_kaha
TNN addict

Post by kia_kaha » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:46 pm

I have 4 BabyBeehinds hemp and 1 bamboo. I am probably the only person who has had a problem with the fit on my skinny baby 10mth old. I do prefer the bamboo and I am planning to get some more of those.
mama to 3 gorgeous mozzies

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:26 am

I have one of each of these I do love them but I fine they are on the small side for Ben he has builders crack:-( Iam really sade about that as I thought they would fit all sizes. He is not a big boy at all and still fits Rosies med. How are you others finding them? I would it to fit him well.
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

kia_kaha
TNN addict

Post by kia_kaha » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:46 am

My baby is 10mths and I find they are too big. He has a skinny long build. He ends up with wing droop without a cover. So I am looking at investing in side snap instead
mama to 3 gorgeous mozzies

KLS
TNN nutter

Post by KLS » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:58 pm

I just got one of these too - and it's fab! It's the same as Heathers - the 100% bamboo one off trademe. It's so incredibly cuddly soft - wish they made adult-sized ones 8) It fits well - a little bulky for day but not bad. We used it last night - with only a single-layer microfibre booster topped with fleece - and after 13 hours, the booster was wet, the long snap-in booster was wet, the next one kinda damp (there are 2 snap-in boosters in the nappy) and most of the rest of the nappy was dry!!! Amazing really.

HOWEVER... the drying time :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

After 2 hours in the dryer it was still very damp, then several hours on the oil-heater later it finally dried. Today it had 2 hours in the dryer, 3 hours outside on the line, now it's in the hot-water cupboard...and yep, still damp. I would need several of these to use overnight, just to wait for them to dry.

But it's a very nice nappy :D
Kelley / Mum to Ryder (13 May 2006)

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:09 pm

I've got a few of the new bamboo ones (70% bamboo, 30% organic cotton). And a couple of hemp ones too.

The bamboo are fab - I use them overnight with a Snazzipants fleece topped hemp doubler and the outside of the fitted is usually only slightly damp in the morning. I'd be confident they could take a heck of lot more than my medium wetters are giving them. They are so snuggly, and the colours are gorgeous. The fit my girls nicely around the legs and are an amazingly trim night option.

They take on average about 2 days to dry - less with a warm breezy day - about the same as my old flannel-outer snazzis (just to give a comparison).

My one caveat would be the shrinkage - mine shrank a good couple of centimetres in the rise with just a warm (40%) rinse and a cold wash. (On the tag it says 60% is fine, and you can tumble dry.) They're still fine for my girls, but on a bigger child you might have issues.

ETA: I like the hemp ones too! Not quite the same softness, and they need a bit more boosting, but they're still a nice fit and a good reliable nappy.
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

pixeldust
TNN guru

Post by pixeldust » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:05 pm

Our first night with the Baby Beehinds fitted bamboo + cover tonight. I agree with the washing comments, I couldn't believe how long it took! 2 cycles on warm in the dryer, then all day on the line, and 1 more short cycle in the dryer and it was still a teeny bit damp (but then I could have been imagining it). There must be a quicker way to dry these, surely?
Jayce

ImageImage

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

pixeldust
TNN guru

Post by pixeldust » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:41 pm

Well, it went OK. I didn't boost it (though I really should have), so it only lasted until his feed at 2am. There was a tiny leak above his waist (tummy sleeper) but the nap was soaked so I was pretty pleased. Now I just have to wait another 3 days for it to dry so we can try again!
Jayce

ImageImage

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

justene
TNN nerd

Post by justene » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:15 am

i got my two bamboo OSFA yesterday, and i am impressed, quickly got them washed, nappy itself took an age to dry as expected (put them in the dryer), i like how the boosters are snap in not sewn in. The boosters are quite narrow though, i would like them a bit wider, they are quite quick drying though. 5/5 for fit, They are soooo soft i can't help but touch.

I got the covers as well that came with them and they are great too. i got large size, babies are about 8kg, and they fit perfectly even over a trim day nap, they have that nice touch tape.

Tried last night (12hrs) boosted with a 5 layer hemp jersey flat and they say these increase insorbancy over time! the outside of the nappy had some dry patches even. Although my girls don't drink in the night, I'm even tempted not to boost this after a few more washes! I might just have to buy some more :wink:
my 4 awesome girls! Amy 3/06 Jade 3/06 Reese 5/09 Zoe 6/11

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:25 am

justene wrote:I got the covers as well that came with them and they are great too. i got large size, babies are about 8kg, and they fit perfectly even over a trim day nap, they have that nice touch tape.

Do the covers have cross over tabs?

This nap sounds great and such a great price too!

justene
TNN nerd

Post by justene » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:27 pm

Do the covers have cross over tabs?

Yes they do :D

Mine been on the line 4.5 hrs so far, and i think its gonna be dry for tonight, Yah hopefully. its a lovely sunny day too :D
my 4 awesome girls! Amy 3/06 Jade 3/06 Reese 5/09 Zoe 6/11

pixeldust
TNN guru

Post by pixeldust » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:20 am

Second attempt last night, boosted with a hemp flat, lasted right through 10.5 hours without a change. No leaks, nappy was pretty wet but not dripping. Now if only we could improve the drying time!
Last edited by pixeldust on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jayce

ImageImage

Anita
TNN addict

Post by Anita » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:46 pm

oooo I am seriously looking into to getting one of these nappies.

A bit confused though- what is the opinion on Hemp vs Bamboo ? Which is more absorbant?

(sorry if this has been covered- I did read the thread but a bit slow tonight)
Miss Aria - 3 years old. Our miracle
Mr Asher - 1 year old. Our joy

2009- We are off to Omaha in the USA for transplant!!!!!!

Anita
TNN addict

Post by Anita » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:23 pm

I got one of these nappies!! They are so great. I ended up getting the bamboo with a wool cover in the blue. It is a beautiful colour. The nappy itself can hold A LOT. I mean A LOT. I am truely impressed. It stands up all night and it still not fully soaked thru not even close :smt041 ! Amazing so I got another one and I am set for night times. :smt023

As for the drying time I haven't found it a major. It does take a bit longer than my snazzi fitteds but not to much longer. But I guess it is summer, time will tell in winter.

Woohoo for Baby Beehinds !!
Miss Aria - 3 years old. Our miracle
Mr Asher - 1 year old. Our joy

2009- We are off to Omaha in the USA for transplant!!!!!!

Aitchy
TNN nerd

Post by Aitchy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:12 am

Tried this for the first time last night - love it! Fit is great on chunky DS (although reading the previous threads I hope I haven't shrunk it in the wash today :o ) I used the supplied boosters, plus a hemp flat, and it was still really trim and the nappy wasn't soaked in the morning. I used a fuzzi as a cover as DS has problems with other covers, plus a wool soaker as extra insurance against wicking (probably not needed).

It does take an age to dry, but if I am going to use it just for nights if I buy another it shouldn't matter. As long as it still fits him after this mornings hottish wash I am a definite convert. Sooo lovely and soft too!

Hermione

ETA: I'm afraid the drying time here in Chch has let this one down for me, I feel like I'm putting more energy in to drying it than the cost of a sposie for overnights IYKWIM. So I have sold this one on.
Last edited by Aitchy on Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VanJeffery
TNN guru

Post by VanJeffery » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:30 am

That's my night nappy now. :smt049 them
Christine -- I have succumbed to blogging!

[url=http://purdypeas.wordpress.com][img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o90/vanjeffery/Blogline3.jpg[/img][/url]

And yes, I AM one of those crazed Twilight people!

Return to “Fitted Nappies”