Baby Beehinds

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:30 pm

I LOVE my new green bamboo BB nappy. It's so cute!! Pity it gets covered up by the cover. I keep the cover off for as long as possible, to show the nappy off... I have yet to try it overnight, just got it a few days ago, but I think it would be pretty good with all the extra boosting it came with! I got the trial package of nappy and cover with the small and large boosters. It has to be the softest nappy we have... i can't stop touching it!
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

justene
TNN nerd

Post by justene » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:50 am

well i have been using mine about 2-3 times each for about 4 months, They are still the most absorbant nappy in my stash, i own 4 of them. But 2 of them, the elastic has totally gone in the back and part of the legs :? :( . However they are still very usable and function the same ,but i wouldn't want to have them on a small baby with explosive poos as they now gape around the legs, i know this is fixable but i've only had them about 4 months. Also i should note that the 4 i have were brought, 3 were brandnew off trademe, the other was brought pretty much brandnew, so these arn't off the busybehinds website.

I save them if i'm going out for long periods or a long car ride or overnight, i still love them thou :wink:
my 4 awesome girls! Amy 3/06 Jade 3/06 Reese 5/09 Zoe 6/11

Tinkerbell
TNN guru

Post by Tinkerbell » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:50 pm

okay so where do they come from?
Pipi
Sahm

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:00 pm

now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

aussiemum
TNN guru

Post by aussiemum » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 am

Wow, I'm really impressed with this. I put it on Josh last night with a soaker overtop, no leaks! And what a great price! :smt054
I'm Tamara, Mum to Gorgeous Joshie 9, Delightful David 6 & Step-Mum to Sweet Sarah 16
Adoptive Mum to Jess & Louise my furbabies.

"If it wasn't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!"

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Definitely a value for money nappy in my opinion. They do take a while to dry but no longer than any other bamboo nappy I have. I do prefer the new 85% bamboo 15% poly blend (my percentages may be wrong), I find they stay softer and more plush over time. I think they shrunk less than the cotton blend ones also. We boosted ours with a cotton velour insert between nappy and cover overnight on our 15 month old but probably didn't really need to. It's a great easy night nappy for our 10 week old without boosting. The one downside for me with this nappy is the sizing -- it is a VERY small OSFM nappy in my opinion. The rise is very low and would be too much so on many toddlers I would imagine. The wings don't go that wide either -- our 15 month old is on the last snaps. He's big for his age, yes, BUT he's slimmed out a lot now that he's walking. He's in a medium fuzzi and nowhere near the outter snaps these days, tightest or next out. If you have a bigger toddler I wouldn't bother to be honest unless you have another kid coming, not enough growth room and wouldn't get enough use before being outgrown. Hell, our 10 week old has the nappy on the highest rise with all boosters for overnight and it doesn't look bulky!

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:19 pm

So, is anyone still using the bamboo fitteds? I'm just wondering what people think of them these days.

I did use them when DS was tiny, but he tended to rash quite badly so I got rid of the one I had, but have recently tried them on DD and she's fine, so i've ordered a couple more. They are lovely and fit well, and look pretty cute too.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers :D

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:11 pm

Still good workhouse type nappies but Zevulun starting growing out of the rise at about 9 months, plumber's crack, my kids have long bodies. Otherwise they work great. We always used a fleece liner.

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

nzmum
TNN nerd

Post by nzmum » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:40 pm

These are still my most reliable leak proof nappy. However, Luca is getting rashes from the wet bamboo against his skin so I have had to stop using them. If I can create some super large microfleece liner, full nappy sized including wings I'll get them back in rotation. I love them so much I haven't been able to sell them despite Luca's rash issues.

They do take ages to dry though. Not a great nappy in Wellington in winter!

Sizing hasn't been an issue for us. They fitted Jemma until she was 4 years old and still easily fit Mia and Luca.
Jannene

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:12 pm

Takes about 1/2 a day to dry them in Sydney atm!!! So no issues there! I'm loving them for DD as she doesn't seem to rash in them at all as DS did at her age. I sold off my one I had at that time cos of the rashing. I'm so happy they're working well for her (and seem to be leak-proof to) as I think they're really cute. Just don't like having to cover them up and i'm not a huge fan of the cover. I think it feels really plasticy and am not sure it would be all that comfortable really. I would love to try a wool cover, although that would make it even more bulky..

I'm just starting to like cloth again after losing the love - basically cos i've been too tired to have to do any scraping of poo and extra washing!!! :shock: :lol:

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:43 am

I'm using mine on Ava now - started fitting her nicely around 6 weeks (just looked a wee bit too bulky before that). I used them on Jessica and Breanna right up until they night-trained at 3y3m and they are still going strong. Definitely had my money's worth out of these!
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

FluffyMail
TNN guru

Post by FluffyMail » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:59 am

Its such a shame they aren't doing the coloured fitteds any longer though isn't it? I would have thought they would have been the most popular.

We will be stocking these soon, on the new website 8-) .

For those in the know, do you think it is worth it getting the covers? Do people like to have the cover that is the same brand as the nappy?
now FluffyMail formally ittibittinz
Karyn - Mum to Jakob 9 and Isaac 6
NZ Distributor of itti bitti and ones&twos

Image Image

itti bitti FACEBOOK page
ones & twos FACEBOOK page

nzmum
TNN nerd

Post by nzmum » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:19 am

I really like their covers. They were very good value and came in nice colours too!

I'm surprised they aren't doing the coloured fitteds too! Is Bamboo going out of fashion?
Jannene

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Maybe for BBH nappies but for other brands I found the covers annoying, HUGE around and short in the rise. Apparently they'll be doing limited edition colours from time to time so all is not lost in the colour department....

--Rodent

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:57 pm

nzmum wrote:I really like their covers. They were very good value and came in nice colours too!

I'm surprised they aren't doing the coloured fitteds too! Is Bamboo going out of fashion?

I wouldn't say out of fashion though there are some in oz starting to have issues with bamboo breaking down (and quickly), believed to be related to concentrated teething wee, wet pailing seems to help.

--Rodent

Return to “Fitted Nappies”