Baby Beehinds

Ethan's Mum
TNN nerd

Post by Ethan's Mum » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:05 pm

mothersinstinct wrote:
For those in the know, do you think it is worth it getting the covers? Do people like to have the cover that is the same brand as the nappy?

I'm not worried about matching brands of cover with nappy - just as long as the cover works for Ethan's shape. But the Baby Behinds covers are good - we have two mediums and they have fitted Ethan for ages - just starting to get a bit short in the rise now. They're roomy enough to go over a night nappy, but still give a nice fit around waist and legs over any type of nappy. If that makes sense :lol:

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:09 pm

We have a couple of small BBH covers - the PUL ones - they are good, but definitely huge for using with most other small nappies (good over sz 1 snazzis though!). They are lovely and soft - I'd definitely buy more in a bigger size.

Some people definitely have a thing about matching, and if I was starting a stash I'd probably get lots of matching sets to try things out.
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

Katie
TNN oracle

Post by Katie » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:23 pm

i liked the covers but agree with rodent, they were really big around but way too short in the rise. the felted wool covers were far worse than the pul (i guess because the pul ones had some stretch in them). the pul ones were great in that they were a layer of pul sandwiched between 2 layers of soft polyester instead of just one layer of polyester laminated with pul (which sometimes delaminates).

i found my son grew out of the naps at about 9 months till he started to get rid of some of that baby fat round his thighs at 12+ months then he fit them fine up untill recently and now he's totally grown out of them at 18 months

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:05 am

Rodent wrote:
nzmum wrote:I really like their covers. They were very good value and came in nice colours too!

I'm surprised they aren't doing the coloured fitteds too! Is Bamboo going out of fashion?

I wouldn't say out of fashion though there are some in oz starting to have issues with bamboo breaking down (and quickly), believed to be related to concentrated teething wee, wet pailing seems to help.

--Rodent

I wasn't aware of the bamboo breaking down issue. Is this just the odd nappy or is this the case with all bamboo nappies? Such a shame if they stop making them cos of this. I haven't had any bamboo nappies for long enough to test them. I've just bought 2 pink BBH bamboo for DD, so we'll see how they go. I LOVE them so I hope they last.
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

nzmum
TNN nerd

Post by nzmum » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:57 pm

Well mine are 2 years old and survived 3 year night wee. They still look and behave like they are new.
Jannene

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:51 pm

farlos wrote:
Rodent wrote:
nzmum wrote:I really like their covers. They were very good value and came in nice colours too!

I'm surprised they aren't doing the coloured fitteds too! Is Bamboo going out of fashion?

I wouldn't say out of fashion though there are some in oz starting to have issues with bamboo breaking down (and quickly), believed to be related to concentrated teething wee, wet pailing seems to help.

--Rodent

I wasn't aware of the bamboo breaking down issue. Is this just the odd nappy or is this the case with all bamboo nappies? Such a shame if they stop making them cos of this. I haven't had any bamboo nappies for long enough to test them. I've just bought 2 pink BBH bamboo for DD, so we'll see how they go. I LOVE them so I hope they last.

Personally I've never experienced the problem (and I've been using bamboo nappies for about 2 years) but I've heard of a whole bunch of people that have had it happen to all of their bamboo, different types and different brands. Apparently it goes a weird orangey colour and then just goes into holes. It seemed to be primarily a problem during teething or when left for 3 or more days between washings (due to large rotation and only one child using fewer nappies a day or just night nappies). Do a search on nappycino if you want to read about it.

On the plus side, we tried the BBH on Zevulun again today and they fit easily! I guess his shape is different now that he's grown up more, walking etc (taller, doing up around hips instead of tummy) so he's towards the middle for snaps and plenty of rise room. How weird...

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

Return to “Fitted Nappies”