Swaddlebees fitted (organic velour and cotton terry)

Rua Mama
TNN addict

Swaddlebees fitted (organic velour and cotton terry)

Post by Rua Mama » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:19 am

Ours arrived yesterday and i know quite a few people got tempted to put in an order with Rosie!... Be very interested to know how people find them...

Poutama wears a large size Swaddlebee pocket on the largest snap setting so we ordered two size large in the organic velour.
The fabric is gorgeously soft an the nappy is very trim. Of course i couldn't resist putting it on straight away (i know your'e ment to wash them first :wink: )
The fit is bigger than the pockets and the legs seemed a lot looser. Initially i did them up on the middle snaps but the legs were gapping a bit so adjusted the leg snap to the smallest setting...
I popped over a stanicator wool cover and we went off on a mission in the car...
After just over an hour and a few (in and out of the car seat) and a sleep we got him out again to find that there had been major leakage... nappy, cover and trousers we saturated...
I'm sure i lanolised the cover recently (we use wool for 12 hours at night) but maybe the hemp in the nappy needs a few washes to become absorbant?
Anyway when we got home i put on the other Swaddlebee fitted and added a hemp insert from the Swadlebees pocket (under the velour inner bit)...
About 1.5 hours latter i took it off so he could have a bath... was very wet but no leakage.
I did read on the Swaddlebees webiste that these were suitable for heavy wetters so not sure what the problem is. They are both on the line today so i'll try again tommorrow...
I was hoping they would be a good night nappy...
They are super cute and lovely and soft...
Be interested to hear how others find them...

I keep meaning to take some photos of different nappies so i'll attempt to do it this weekend and post it in the gallery...
Proud Mums of our gorgeous sons:
Poutama born May 2005 & Taaniko born Dec 2008

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:29 am

Hemp needs more washes than cotton. Cotton needs a good 3 washes but hemp needs 5-10 to reach full absorbency.

Sounds like they will come right with a good few washes. Let us know how you get on.
Last edited by Louise on Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mum of 6

Rosie
TNN addict

Post by Rosie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:20 pm

You didn't wash them [-X
'
Both organic 'anything' and hemp take a lot more washes than 'normal cotton' to reach full absorbency.
Rosie

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:44 pm

Hi!

Our arrived today (like a few minutes ago) and like you I just couldn't resist putting it on Cajun. I am expecting a leak as they haven't been washed at all yet.

I am thinking that these are a large fitting nappy for their size..
The velour one fits Cajun on the smallest setting (He has size small).
The terry one is too big on Cajun on the smallest setting. (Also a size small)

If you are around Rosie, will it shrink a little in the wash or would he be better in a nb terry (if they have them that size) or would the rise then be too small. Haven't washed the terry yet as not sure what to do.

cheers
~Heather~

Both styles are yummy.
~Heather~

**Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have. - ANON **

http://overthetoporiginals.wordpress.com/

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:48 pm

I didnt wash mine either.......but ayla didnt leak.
Yesterday she had one of he organic velour on for about 3.5 hours and the outside of the nappy was damp but not dripping wet.....today weve tried the organic cotton terry and so far shes had it on since about 10 this morning!Shes due for a nappy change soon...
Although i did use a snazzipants doubler with them but im not so sure she would need one(she isnt a particularly heavy wetter even when shes drunk HEAPS of water)
The medium fits Ayla perfectly on the tightest snaps for the both of them and they are my new favourite nappies.
Soft,goregous and they seem to work well.
I was thinking of using one overnight but i would like to get a wool or fleece cover for over them :)
Maybe then we wont have the smell we get from the fuuzis :)
I love them and would definately buy more if i had the money :D i guess im just lucky (and soo grateful)that someone wanted me to have more...LOL

Rosie
TNN addict

Post by Rosie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:51 pm

They do shrink a little, I'm not sure how much. The hemp is not pre-washed so as much as unwashed hemp if you know what I mean :)
Rosie

hoaenz
TNN guru

Post by hoaenz » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Jeds arrived today - SO SOFT - and its on him straight away too! :oops: just couldn't resist! :lol: The medium looks to fit nicely on the tightest setting. Hes been very good about keeping it clean so far - EC's going well today, now he has fallen asleep in my arms with no cover on..........................
Anthea
-----------------------------------------------

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:58 pm

Hi!

Maybe they will shrink a little with a couple of washes. Will try that. Though we only have cold washes in our laundry.

Just looked at your site and see they don't have them in nb size. Guess that is coz your nb nappies are just so cute :-)

Cajun fits small in Rosies but these are definately a bigger fitting small than yours.

Am off to cuddle and touch his wee bot :-)

cheers
~Heather~
~Heather~

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:08 pm

Rosie

Are the organic velours still on special?
If so...for how long?

Thanks
~Heather~
~Heather~

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:31 pm

Just changed aylas bum(had the organic cotton terry on)and it too was wet but not SATURATED!!!I might try one overnight tonight,but dont really have a good cover to go over top...except for her honeyboy which is still too big :(
I might just have to get more of these if i can scrounge the money up!!i realyyyy do like them.
Heather i think the specials have all finished....havnt they??or do you know something i dont?? :P

Gaia
TNN guru

Post by Gaia » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:45 pm

Hi!

I was trying to look on the site but couldn't see if the ywere still going.
Was thinking that if they were still on special i'd order two more velours for Cajun but guess I'll just have to be happy with what I have :-)

cheers
~Heather~
~Heather~

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:00 pm

ohhh i just had a look and under the velour heading it says buy one get one half price but maybe that was accidently left there....or maybe they are still on special....youl have to ask rosie!If they are though i might have to get some more too:P

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:48 pm

I have put ayla to bed tonight in one of her organic velour swaddlebees with a snazzi booster and her honeyboy cover overtop!!!Ill let you know how we go in the morning! :)

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:04 am

YES!!!!Guess what.......ayla woke up this morning,no leaks anddddd no smells!!!!YAY i think we have a new favourite night combo...Its amazing the difference between this and the smell of fuzzis in the morning!!!Now i must get a medium honeyboy hmmmm

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:06 am

I love these. They get better & better...because of the hemp they do need to be washed into action :wink: . They're so soft & trim. Oh for some $$ for a few more for the stash.

Sharon

Return to “Fitted Nappies”