Nature Baby organic cotton fitted nappies

bubbles
TNN nerd

Nature Baby organic cotton fitted nappies

Post by bubbles » Tue May 10, 2005 11:27 am

I picked up 5 of these off Trademe for half the price of new - they had been washed but not used. They are the toddler size 10-20 kgs.

I find they fit well even though Liam is more like 8kg but he has a long body and with the velcro tabs I can get the waist band just tight enough.

I have been using them overnight with a hemp booster with minor leakage (which I think is a problem with the cover I'm using not the nappy) and they hold everything as such. They also dry in about the same time as my Tots Bot (much quicker then a snazzi fitted).

Has anyone else used these? what do you think of them?

Cheers,
Penny
Penny, Mum and Part-time Student - training to be a Naturopath and Herbalist

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:33 am

I tried one of these in the smaller size on my 10kg boy but found it too long in the body and tight around the waist. It fitted him well at the waist but the crotch was down by his knees with the legs gaping open!!

We didn't end up using it, just tried it on and then sold it.
The fabric is lovely and soft and kind of stretchy, I really really wish it had fit as it was a very nice nappy.
Mum of 6

mavis
TNN nerd

Post by mavis » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:50 pm

I use these a lot I think I have 10 of them and way prefer them to a others as they don't take very long to dry really.
But in saying that the leg elastic on them is pretty useless.
http://www.nzpuresilver.com

Mumma to my brood
The boys N-14, L-5 years, O-3 years, The ladies M-2 years J-0years

Katie
TNN oracle

Post by Katie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:02 pm

I was lucky enough to pick up 20 of these for $8 each from nature baby a few weeks ago. they are being discontinued so were selling them off cheap cheap. I've found them to be great nappies on my 13kg 18 month old. He has always had really chubby thighs so the "rather useless" leg elastic really doesn't matter to us. They dry much quicker than any other fitted nap i have tried and i've tried a few. So far they don't seem to have the smell issues i have had with synthetic fibre or bamboo fitted naps, they wash up really well, nice and soft and the poo is easy to clean off them. Excellent work horse naps IMHO. The best thing about them is the resale is pretty good too, i should hopefully be able to get back what i paid for them when i sell them eventually. Gotta love clearance bargains!

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Sat May 09, 2009 9:03 pm

i have some and love how soft they are but they are quite big and looooong. we have have the 4-10kgs. Mikko is only 9kgs but they are very big on him.
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

Katie
TNN oracle

Post by Katie » Mon May 11, 2009 10:27 am

yeah they are quite big aye. we have the infant size too as i got them for dd but there is no way they would fit on her even now that she is 6kg! :lol: ds is 15 kg's and 2 years old and they will still fit him for ages. i'd hate to see how big the toddler size is :shock:

Return to “Fitted Nappies”