TotsBots Fluffles

the nappy lady
TNN addict

TotsBots Fluffles

Post by the nappy lady » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:50 pm

YAY YAY YAY...... they are here and i have them washed and ready to go!!

I will post within the next couple of days to tell you what i think of them.

However i must say they look so lovely!! They are also stuffable which i didnt know! #-o .

I will be back to update soon!!
The Nappy Lady
www.TheNappyLady.co.nz

www.NappyDays.co.nz

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:46 pm

That sounds really interesting!

Sharon

the nappy lady
TNN addict

Post by the nappy lady » Thu May 04, 2006 7:15 pm

Hi Again.

Well the verdict is in and i must say i am impressed so far with my fluffle. I have tested it with overnight, day use and drying times.

All in all i think it is a great nappy BUT the biggest downside i see is that it is 100% synthetic. Totsbots do claim they have antibacterial qualities. And the other downside is that it is microfibre so it collects a bit of lint in the wash so i have been washing it with other nappies only and using a fine mesh bag which keeps it lint free.

I used it twice in the first day after the inital wash the day before. I put it on Daniel after he woke in the morning at about 6.30, he did his morning business in it (which it completely contained and the poo slid off easily as it has the microfleece lining inside). I then washed it and hung it on the line next to a terry square because totsbots claim they take the same time to dry. This is nearly true. it was dry within about 2 hours on a reasonably nice day last week. i then used it on Daniel that night which i was really impressed by as this was the second time i had used this nappy in a day and not had to put it in the drier and it had line dried in 2 hours. it is a great night nappy as i have used it nearly everynight since and i have not had a leak and not had to boost it at all.

All in all i really like the nappy and i will happily use it alongside my bamboozles. it is not as trim as the Bamboozles but it dries in half the time.

I look foward to hearing other opinions soon

Kate

We sell these nappies so you may want to take that into consideration when reading this.
The Nappy Lady
www.TheNappyLady.co.nz

www.NappyDays.co.nz

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:33 pm

Totally loving my fluffles :smt040 I got the snappi version, and my girls wear them folded down. (Check out the fluffles demo on http://www.totsbots.com/nappies/demos/ to see what I mean about folding it down).

A perfect fitted for winter under some gorgeous longies, as they are really absorbent and won't take 4 days to dry! I stuff them with a hemp booster for nights, does 14 hours no problems. (I could probably get away without boosting them, but I'd rather be safe than sorry!) Then wash and it's easily dry again by night.
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

tash
TNN addict

Post by tash » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:38 pm

I looove our fluffles for heaps of reasons.

1. They are a OSFA basically (although I think you can get a newborn size).

2. Beautiful and soft (although they are bulky they just look soooo cute on).

3. They have a pocket so can be boosted (and they already have a snap in booster).

4. Drying time is very minimal.

5. They have a stay dry microfleece layer so DS is dryer than in other fitteds.

and on and on it goes.. (do you get the picture)...

These get a big fat :smt023 :dancin: :alright: :smt054 :smt060 :woot: from us.
Tash

justene
TNN nerd

Post by justene » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:13 pm

well i got mine in the mail today ya! firstly they are sooooo wonderfully soft and nice fit (didn't wash, couldn't wait to put them on) I just need to get used to the snappi thing. i will add more once i've used them more.

The only 'issue' i have is that they are microfibre so i will now be washing sepratly and that the tummy part touches there skin which i don't know yet if it will be a 'problem'. (just the whole no microfibre against skin thing) i would rather the pocket bit at the back, but i guess its what i'm used to. So far they are a 4/5 so pretty good.

Does anyone know are they the same sort of microfiber as the inserts/material you buy?
my 4 awesome girls! Amy 3/06 Jade 3/06 Reese 5/09 Zoe 6/11

justene
TNN nerd

Post by justene » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:34 am

Well we tested it overnight last night and a big :smt023 from us!

Stuffed it with 6 layers of hemp, although it was really wet on the outside so next time i think i'm just gonna put one of my hemp jersey boosters in it! :D

I'm just so sacred of washing it, if it picks up everything like my microfiber inserts. :wink:
my 4 awesome girls! Amy 3/06 Jade 3/06 Reese 5/09 Zoe 6/11

the nappy lady
TNN addict

Tots bots fluffles win silver

Post by the nappy lady » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:06 pm

Just wanted to share our news.....

Totsbots takes out Top Spots! Bamboozles take Gold and Fluffles Silver in the recent UK Mother & Baby Magazine Best Reusable Nappy Awards

Hooray!!!!

I also must add that totsbots have come out with a new microfibre for the fluffles which does not lint or pull, stays pure white and feels way softer than the bamboozle (yes that is true not a typo!! :D ) :smt045 . I would make a comparison in softness to those gorgeous velvet soft teddy bears you get. It is unbelievable!! :smt055
Last edited by the nappy lady on Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nappy Lady
www.TheNappyLady.co.nz

www.NappyDays.co.nz

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:26 pm

I'm excitedly waiting for mine to arrive from bumbles. Obviously I'll have to wait a wee while before I can give an opinion, but your comments have been very encouraging.
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

Shae
TNN nerd

Post by Shae » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:53 am

Well I'm now using my fluffle enthusiasticly. I love it's softness. A little bit bulk on a newborn botty. I got the size 1 (I'm guessing at the actual size) snap one, but I just fold down the front and use a snappy to hold it together. Dyring time is great too. Will post more when I've tried it for an extended period (eg more than 2 hours!)
Mama to A, J, & A
www.farmfamily.blogspot.com

spikybrain
TNN nutter

Post by spikybrain » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:41 am

We have three fluffles which I've had for about 6 months so they are well tested. We use them as our night nappy (12hrs) with either 2 layers of fleece or bamboo as a booster and with a woollen wrap and have had no problems. Not ever used them during the day because they are a bit big, not bulky, just big (if that makes sense). They do dry quickly and feel almost dry when they come out of the machine.

I always put them in the machine with all the other nappies, I'm curious as to the reasoning behind washing them seperately?

My only issue with them is, and the reason I wouldn't buy any more, is that they tend to smell of wee more than my other nappies (after they have been washed). Not sure if this is because of the length of time that they are worn for or because of the material but all the naps are washed together with the usual ingredients of bicarb of soda or vinegar but the Fluffles just seem to hold on to a whiff of wee.

Return to “Fitted Nappies”