Cherub Tree Bamboo Fitted

marieg
TNN convert

Cherub Tree Bamboo Fitted

Post by marieg » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm really impressed with this nappy. It's so lovely and soft and very absorbent. It comes with a sewn-in bamboo insert and a snap-in bamboo insert - both very thick and absorbent. As such it's one of the few fitted nappies I don't need to boost for daytime use. My boy is a big wetter (he outpees most disposables in 3 hours) and paired with a pair of bummis whisper pants, this nappy lasts us 4+ hours. I do need to boost for night time though. I imagine that this nappy would easily last most babies the whole night - and light wetters could probably get away with the sewn-in insert. It is slow to dry like most bamboo but worth it I reckon. :D
~ Marie
Mum to Alexander Daniel, born at home on 8 May 2010

waitakereCloth
TNN newbie

Re: Cherub Tree Bamboo Fitted

Post by waitakereCloth » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 am

hmm, are you sure this is a fitted nappy? unless it is a new product, Cherub Tree only sells pocket nappies and AIOs.
Cloth Nappy Education Centre
601 Te Atatu Rd, Te Atatu Peninsula
Open Tues/Thurs/Sat 9am - noon.
Ph: 836 8000 or DDI 834 9214.
Contact us for Hire Kits and/or visit us for nappy chats!
*** Used and new items available for sale now ***

marieg
TNN convert

Re: Cherub Tree Bamboo Fitted

Post by marieg » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:38 am

You might be right there, I bought it off trademe and just doublechecked the listing and it says it does not require a cover so sounds like an A-I-O. It has a minky outer so must have a hidden layer of PUL. I like using it for naps and I definately need to use a cover with it as I get leaks through the front without one. But I need to use an extra cover with all my pockets and all-in-ones, I've yet to find one that does not leak without the extra cover and I've tried microfibre, bamboo, hemp, prefolds, flats and terry. I can only boost a nappy so much before it begins to gape around the legs.

I imagine it would probably be fine for most babies as an All-in-One. It is very absorbent. I might try it as-is for daytime use (changing every 2 1/2 hours). In terms of naps, perhaps if I boosted it I might be able to get away with no cover - worth a try anyway. Bugger, I was so pleased to find a nappy I didn't need to boost!
~ Marie
Mum to Alexander Daniel, born at home on 8 May 2010

Return to “Fitted Nappies”