Size 2 Tots on a newborn

suzie
TNN newbie

Size 2 Tots on a newborn

Post by suzie » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:32 am

I hear people say that you can use size 2 Totsbots on a newborn by turning over the front flap.
Has anyone actually done it and how did it go?
Does this only work with the non aplix?
Suzie.

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:12 pm

I have heard this too but my babies are small (under 8lb) and would never fit a size 2 at birth. Even a size 1 would be very bulky!
Mum of 6

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:15 pm

I found even the size ones hugely bulky on my 8lb10oz baby when he was nb.
There might be some photos of size 2s on nbs in the photo galleries?
Sarah

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:13 pm

We used our size 2 Bamboozles on J since birth, you get away with it with soft trim bamboo. Don't think a cotton one would look so flattering.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

MamaLoops
TNN nerd

Post by MamaLoops » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:34 am

Hiya,
This is a little belated but I think we started using our SIze 2s on Lily when she was about 4 or 5 weeks old. We used both the babmboozles and the fluffles- big oompa-loompa action but she was sleeping about 6-7 hrs by 8 weeks and then they were fab. We used prefolds and (gasp!) disps till 4 weeks though. Lily was a good 8+ pd at birth so that may have had something to do with it! A good cover can make all the difference with them I've found.
Geesh- sorry bout the novel! :D

dodgums
TNN guru

Post by dodgums » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:00 pm

Dunners wrote:We used our size 2 Bamboozles on J since birth, you get away with it with soft trim bamboo. Don't think a cotton one would look so flattering.

Was it absorbant enough on a wee one?
Mum to G 21yrs, B 20yr, B 14yrs, G 12yrs, G 9yrs, B 7yrs, B 5yrs and wife to a great dh

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:43 pm

Yes, I thought it was a bonus by being bigger it folded down the front - so I had more absorbency where I needed it too.

I used it at nights for some time. I'm using pockets atm, so can't comment on the length of time it would last him now.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

the nappy lady
TNN addict

Post by the nappy lady » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:27 pm

Hi ,

I just thought I would let you know that there are popper bamboozles coming from Totsbots soon which are able to be used from birth to toilet training. The bamboozles are great because as Leanne said they are a trim nappy so they are not as bulky as a cotton tots can be on a newborn. The popper ones will be a fantastic option as a onesize nappy. The other option is a Fluffle which is synthetic but has a stay dry layer on it. It is made to be a birth to Potty option too! Totsbots have modified the fabric on these so you dont get that sticky feeling you get when you touch microfleece, now they are as soft as a bamboozle but dry in a fraction of the time.

Hope this helps.

Kate
The Nappy Lady
www.TheNappyLady.co.nz

www.NappyDays.co.nz

suzie
TNN newbie

WAYYYY too big

Post by suzie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:21 pm

Hi, My babe arrived at a petite 3.2kg (7lb 1 oz) and would have drowned in the size two tots. I bought some size 1 sandy's from the UK ebay and some second hand popolini size 1's from trademe and these both fit really well. (Essentially the same nappy but the popolini is organic and much softer after line drying.)
She's now 5.5 weeks and 4.5kg but has a long way to go before we're dragging the Tots out of the cupboard.
Thanks for the help,
Suzie.

Return to “Fitted Nappies”