YoYo Nappy - BAMBOO OSFA FITTED POCKET

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:30 am

We love ours too although the velcro has lost a lot of its stickiness over time and as he's right on the very edge of it anyway, we just use a snappi over the top to keep it together. A favourite for night for us. We stuff it with a yoyo hemp insert, a peapod booster and we have a yoyo fleece topped booster for sitting on top (stay-dry factor). Great absorbancy.

--Rodent
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

Rodent
TNN nerd

Post by Rodent » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:30 pm

We still use this for our 15 month old overnight. I do think the velcro is a bit of an issue, we haven't been able to use the velcro is AAAAAAAGES, it just popped open. But as I mentioned in my last post we just use a snappi to keep it shut, the benefit of it being bamboo terry. I think it may have shrunk a bit over time actually as the Yoyo insert sticks out at the back.

We now have a snap version of this which Jan kindly sent when Zevulun was born (thanks heaps! I have pictures to come btw, I need to find my cord to upload pics). I think this is a great alternative to the velcro and avoids the unsnapping issue. I thought this would be really bulky on a newborn and didn't use it for a while but it's not as bad as I imagined. Granted, we have a monster-sized baby (I'm guessing about 7kg at 10 weeks) but we use it overnight without issues and have been for a few weeks now (still working out the best inserts -- 3 layers bamboo, 6 layers hemp, 2 layers microfibre +the two bamboo nappy layers is still saturated....). I love that I have the flexibility to change inserts over time with the same shell, very handy. My only concern with the snaps is that there are a number of the studs that will be exposed to the skin on the hips as his waist increases which I imagine will dig in.

A great product and Jan is SOOOOOO wonderful to deal with!

--Rodent

(Have you thought of doing a snappi closing version??? It would be great for a snug adjustable fit, no velcro to pop open or get caught in the wash, or studs to dig in)
Image Immanuel - 6 Image Zevulun - 5 Image Amram - 4 Image Itamar - 2 Image Benaya - 1

mavis
TNN nerd

Post by mavis » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:51 pm

hmmm I think I may need to sneak one (or two) of these into the house!!!)
http://www.nzpuresilver.com

Mumma to my brood
The boys N-14, L-5 years, O-3 years, The ladies M-2 years J-0years

Return to “Fitted Nappies”