Rosies new style AIOs - comments please :)

sarahw
TNN nerd

Rosies new style AIOs - comments please :)

Post by sarahw » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:00 am

So who's tried these?

How do they compare to the old ones sizewise?

Being Rosies I'm sure they are fantastic of course!
Back for another round with baby #3

Rua Mama
TNN addict

Post by Rua Mama » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:42 pm

Kia ora
Poutama got a spunky (fluro!) lime green AIO in large size- thanks Rosie :D ... and i've ordered some newborn size for my hire kits -they'll be sooo cute!. We had a lot of problems with the old style as the velcro rubbed and cut into his chubby thighs. He's worn the new one four times now and no rubbing so the problems solved! The fleece around the legs means they are nice and soft and don't leave any red marks. I like the look of the old one's better (without the fleece) but comfort is the priority! :wink:
The fit is great , the large fits Poutama really well (seems a similar fit to the old style) They seem not quite as trim -maybe the fleece makes them seem a little bulkier. I have also been using a booster (from a large Rosies fitted) so that will be bulking them out a bit.
Poutama has fully put the AIO through every test... contains poo really well and seems to be very absorbant. I'll be interested to see how they wash long term as i've found some of my other AIO's seem to smell after a while when clean even after hot washes and stripping in case of fleece build up.

I'm still hanging out for the Ultimate AIO which for us would be a side snap... but these are fantastic nappies and very easy to use... The colours are great too... i was thinking maybe the leg fleece could be a contrasting colour?!

Ema
Proud Mums of our gorgeous sons:
Poutama born May 2005 & Taaniko born Dec 2008

bobavet
TNN nerd

Post by bobavet » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:22 pm

Still waiting for mine. Hope it arrives soon!
Julie
------------------------
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogsrd20050315_11_Alexandra+is.png[/img][/url]

Rua Mama
TNN addict

Post by Rua Mama » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:08 pm

I have to say the newborn size is the cutest nappy... they arrived yesterday and my newborn/small hire kits are all getting two each. I'll be dropping them off to the babies who have the kits at the moment over the weekend(luckily they are both in Akld) so i'll make sure they give me feedback about how they are for a newborn...
They look great on Poutama teddy bear! :wink:
Proud Mums of our gorgeous sons:
Poutama born May 2005 & Taaniko born Dec 2008

bobavet
TNN nerd

Post by bobavet » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:31 pm

Well, mine have arrived, and have already been thoroughly tested.

Actually, I emailed Rosie to see what the status was, and 6 minutes later, the courier came and dropped them off! Talk about service!

Nice fit, nice and soft, no marking at all. Have survived some hefty poo containment tests. I left one on her longer than I normally would (2 hrs awake + 2 hour nap) today, just to see how it stood up to a bit of wetting, and it worked great there too. Very happy with these nappies.

If there's anything I would like changed, it might be that it tends to bunch a little in the crotch, so it could be a little slimmer there - but! - then if I wanted to boost, I'd be SOL. So I'll happily put up with the excess there when in trim mode for the ability to boost heftily when I want to.

I suspect this could be a contender for an excellent night nappy, but we haven't tested that yet.
Julie
------------------------
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogsrd20050315_11_Alexandra+is.png[/img][/url]

KiwiStar
TNN newbie

Post by KiwiStar » Sun May 28, 2006 2:06 pm

10/10 in all aspects. We've tried a large on my 2yr 7m daughter, both overnight & for daytime sleeps. No leaks, super-comfy & easy to use (first time aplix users - have previously been snaps all the way!). Love the adjustability that aplix gives - fits much better than our large fuzzis.

Only downer is that it takes longer to dry, being an AIO, but you can't have everything. We use a homemade microfleece liner if we're expecting a poo, just to make cleaning easier, but you don't need to. The suedecloth is just lovely. Boosted overnight with one of Rosie's nighttime hemp boosters, but the daytime one was actually plenty.

Have bought some of these in NB size too, & they are super-cute. Can't wait to try them on our twins in 6-8 weeks! :shock:

Buy with confidence! :)

Happy@home
TNN nerd

Post by Happy@home » Sun May 28, 2006 2:18 pm

I love this nappy. It fits both my 6 mo and nearly 2 .5 yo. on tightest setting. I have the medium. Its my nappy bag nappy, as its super easy for dh to do up.

It does dry faster than a magic-all! Yah!
I love the fleece around legs and at the top.
My fave AIO. Well done Rosie.
Rebecca, HE mum to ds 17, ds16, dd 14, dd 12, dd 11, ds 9, ds 7, ds 6, dd 4, ds 2yo and due April mid '15

kb

Post by kb » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:55 pm

I have a beautiful pink (?magenta?) rosies aio, and I love it!

On first impression I was a little disappointed - honestly it looks like a cover with a prefold sewn onto it (not disguised like other aios). However, I put that aside and have given it a thorough testing.

Our girl is 5.5months and a heavy wetter and we have never had a leak, nor any compression wicking (was a bit sceptical with the fleece around the legs - but no probs!).

It is super fast to dry, the colour is beautiful :smt054 , and I can't really complain about the price either.

It is the first nappy that I grab from the washing pile :D

Jujube
TNN nerd

Post by Jujube » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:13 pm

I recently bought a Rosies AIO and really like it. I have an old-style one as well but find that the newer style fits a lot better. I particularly like the way the fleece rolls out on the legs - seems to be less gaping than other styles.

DD is a bit of a heavy wetter so I can't leave it on for too long without boosting it....

Otherwise, a big thumbs up from me!!!

noodle
TNN newbie

ROSIES.... lovem, but need advice.....

Post by noodle » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:52 am

Hiya, I LOVE ROSIES naps... I have been using the ones that require covers. I bought from AIO's the other week however and they don't seem to reach absorbency? I have washed them about three times now...I use them with a cover for now until they are waterproof. Each time I take them off my wee lad, they are wet on the outside, and sometimes visibly wet, meaning the outer layer "looks" wet?

Obviously its me? Cause you guys seem really happy with them...how many washes did it take? Perhaps I am putting them on incorrectly? Any advice welcome....

THANKS!!!

miggs
TNN nerd

Post by miggs » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:58 pm

now i know why you all rave about roses naps, got three aols in the closing down sale 8) and they are just gorgeous the workmanship is fultless and they really are quite absorbent ds is a really heavy wetter so didnt think they would work really well but they are just great. ill give them a 5 dont know how they wil go over night will test once washed with extra insert (not roses she had sold out :shock: )
margaret
Margaret Mum to-
Joshua 7
Zoe 5
Elizabeth 2

rahel
TNN convert

Post by rahel » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:27 pm

please somebody reply to noodles cause i have the same issue. Love the nappies but it leaks. Drats!!!!

miggs
TNN nerd

Post by miggs » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:35 pm

hi noodles,

i have only had mine for a week now but havnt had A leak yeat.
did you follow care instructions to wash then dry in a hot dryer????, also the aols dont have hemp in them only booster so they are absorbant as they are going to get. how long did you leave it on for and also did you put a booster in. :roll: sorry about all the questions.as if you have a heavy wetter its req that you use a daytime booster.
hope this helps
margaret
Margaret Mum to-
Joshua 7
Zoe 5
Elizabeth 2

Rosie
TNN addict

Post by Rosie » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:50 pm

Hi Noodles

3 things can cause leaks

* the suedecloth can be repelling, trickle some water on them, if it just rolls off this may be the problem. A good hot wash with a decent amount of detergent will help, too little detergent will not effectively clean/strip your nappies. Repelling can also be caused by the wrong detergent.

* the fit. your AIO's need to be snug with the inner suedecloth touching babies bum, if they sag down, wee can shoot out the sides, if the nappy is too big do it up using the fold over tabs only below the front velcro. Makes sense?

* Not enough absorbency. The AIO's have 4 layers of microfibre, like everything this is enough for some babies, not for others. A booster may be necessary. Nappies take a few washes to reach full absorbancy.

HTH :)
Rosie

rahel
TNN convert

Post by rahel » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:18 pm

I boost mine like mad, but they still leak. And yep did dry them in the drier. Still love them, but always put a cover over, just in case.

Return to “All-in-Ones”