New Style Designer Bums AIO

Flower
TNN nerd

New Style Designer Bums AIO

Post by Flower » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:23 pm

I have a new-style Designer Bums AIO which I was given to test, so I'm not sure if it's available to buy yet, but I thought I'd review it anyway.

The thing I like most about this nappy is that there is a gap between the PUL and the microfibre by the leg opening. This allows you to check whether the nappy is dry. It also allows you to boost the nappy by putting in a booster (kind of like a pocket, I guess).

The reason that this gap works is that there is a gusset in the microfleece liner itself to avoid leaks out the legs. I think Angie does this with some of her other nappies as well (eg fitteds, pockets) but I'm not sure.

Anyway, the gap made me realise just how often you might think an AIO is dry and it isn't. I've since decided I am not into AIOs really, but if I was, I think I would want to own this style. It's amazing how often you think it would be dry by now and it's just not. And that makes me think that my other AIOs are not dry either, since I can't see any reason why any of them would dry faster, in fact they'd probably be slower since they don't have any airflow through there.

I have really tested this nappy by using it overnight without boosting and using it when dd had diarrhoea, and I have to say it passed both of these tests really well.

It has really strong velcro (aplix?) at the front with the fold over flap at the front which would probably stop some nappy escape artists, not that I have that problem with dd so I don't know.

Anyway, I've sold my other AIOs but kept this one!

Return to “All-in-Ones”