Bum Sweaters

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Bum Sweaters

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:42 pm

I think this is what you call them!!! I have just purchased two of these off Mel, I think her mum makes them. They are soooo cute. Lily has one on tonight because we are getting a bit of wicking around the leg area of Fuzzis, and I thought just to make sure she stays dry all night we would try one. After tonight I may try them over a fitted overnight. When we put it on Lily she thought she was the bestest and kept looking at herself in the mirror!! :lol: . One of the reasons I really like it is because we don't have to stuff her night nappy hugely...well hopefully we don't!!! They are really cheap...$6.50 a cover, which I think is a bargain. They are made out of recycled 100% wool jerseys. They havn't been lanolised and Mel said she didn't lanolise hers, so I will wait and see how we get on, and maybe if I use it consistently over a fitted I will lanolise them. Hopefully Mel will see this and stick her hand up....so you know where to go get yours.

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:33 pm

Yay! Good to hear its working for you (not that I doubted it!) Sounds like the fit was good as well.
Arent they wonderful things. 8)

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:04 pm

Yay, we have had two lovely dry nights....pity about the tonisilitis but that can't be cured with a bum sweater. I am keen to try it over a fitted now. So will let you know how it goes. I really rate these.

Koastal
TNN nutter

Post by Koastal » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:19 pm

I'm trying my lovely red wool cover out tonight. Have just put Blake to bed so time will tell how well it works. I thought i'd need to add waist strings but after putting it on I don't think I will need to (unless he wriggles around so much that it rolls down). I will write my report tomorrow when I know the full story. Im feeling confident though.

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:59 am

how did it all go koastal?
I now add drawstrings to the covers with no ribbed waist esp on the larger wriggly toddler sized ones, but yours was a ribbed waist one so I hope it stayed put like it should, other wise ill add drawstrings to them all from now on.

Koastal
TNN nutter

Post by Koastal » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:10 am

I've used it 3 times now and we have had 2 completely dry nights and one not so dry night. It just depends on how much he wiggles since it doesn't have the draw strings. It amazes me how I take it off in the morning and it smells slightly and then after hanging it in the breeze on the line it's like new again.

How often do you wash yours? I read somewhere that wool only needs to be washed once every 3 weeks unless soiled.

Wool is certainly the way for overnight.

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:04 am

Koastal wrote:.
How often do you wash yours? I read somewhere that wool only needs to be washed once every 3 weeks unless soiled.

When it starts to smell even After airing. So the time frame is huge depending on use. So go with what your nose tells you :D
I hope that helps!
Mine get washed quite a bit. Ds is a first thing every morning explodsion pooper, and quite often the fitted doesnt hold it all, thankfully the covers do tho!! :D imagine the number of sheets Id need other wise :?

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:36 pm

are you still making these mel?
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:15 am

jeshiko wrote:are you still making these mel?

only to order till I run out of jumpers, so if you want some let me know.

Return to “Covers”