eenee weenees

Angel
TNN guru

eenee weenees

Post by Angel » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:33 am

Maybe these are not so popular - I havent found a topic on them yet.

I rather like these covers. They are a good fit, and the fact that the velcro does up at the back is rather handy if Ella is determined to roll over and crawl away before I have finished doing her up!

With the newer covers that have the inner sling, I have found that the thin elastic on the sling will sometimes wick onto the leg bands, so have to make sure I tuck them in... doubt they stay there while Ella is crawling about now - at least I try :roll:

Has anyone used the disposable weenee pads? They are compostable and flushable, but only seem to come in a big box for $30 or so, with 40 medium pads. Im not sure whether to fork out for them just to try, but I guess I could always sell them on TradeMe if they dont work!

Looking at the NZ website, I see there is now Pouch Pants available, where you snap out the inner sling if it gets pooped on and put a clean one in, so you dont have to change the whole cover.
Aimee http://www.ravelry.com/projects/angeldunedin
~ Ella - 11 years old ~ Toby - 8.5 years old ~ Olivia - 5.5 years old ~
ImageImage

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:42 pm

These can be purchased from most baby stores (e.g. Baby City or The Baby Factory) or from http://www.nz.eenee.com/.

I avoided starting this thread as they didn't work for us (and I didn't want to start on a negative note).

Andrew found the "doing up at the back" quite tricky (it was "natural" to try to do them up on the front) and I found that they wicked through the leg bindings/cotton backing.

I've had some with slings and some without. I'm not sure which I preferred, but I did find that the elastic on the sling would get caught in the hook tape (velcro) and was starting to look scruffy.

I've not yet seen the new pouch pants, but from what I've ready from the NZ Eenees info, it sounds like it's a big improvement on the design.

I've never tried the disposable pads - yes, the expense put me off.

I consider them expensive to buy brand new, but you can buy them much cheaper off TradeMe.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Sandra
TNN nerd

Post by Sandra » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:52 pm

I thought they were overpriced and appallingly performers wicking like mad. That was the old ones though.
I sort of figure if you are going to use flats or prefolds with a cover, there are much better performing covers at much lower prices.
Homeschooling Mum to, Miss M (4), kindy girl :princess: DS's C (8), J (14)
www.rockpoolhomeschool.org Reviews of curriculum, Articles, Links, News and Events with Australian and New Zealand homeschoolers in mind.

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:47 pm

Even cheaper to buy from the op-shop :P I have some and use them, for emergencies mostly. I dont like them, they wick/leak badly, they fit well, but too trim - not enough room to fit a decent amount of stuffing. If you like to change your bub every 1/2 hour, Im sure they'd be fine.

My big complaint about these is that they are generally the only cloth alternative available in baby shops. If this is someones introduction to cloth nappies, I dont think they'd stick with cloth :(

Stacey

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:21 pm

I agree with the last comment, I was really disapointed to find these as the only option sold in any of the organic shops I visited while on holiday. There are so many cool naps out there, I wonder why the organic shops don't stock some of the cooler ones!?

Eenees (the old style) were my introduction to cloth, they were nice and small, and B was so young then that I was changing him ridiculously often anyway. Wicking round the legs and poor poop containment encouraged me to move onwards and upwards from there.
Sarah

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:56 pm

Whoops - having given the velcro covers such a bad review, I remembered that I actually like the pull-up covers a lot :) Especially for a young baby. I do prefer the bummis pull-ups, but the ennees come a close second. But Bummis are available through a kiwi WAHM (SnazziPants) and are slightly softer feeling with nicer bindings. But the ennees pull-ups are great too - trim, breathable, work really well, easy.

Stacey

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:35 am

After looking though this forum I've discovered there's a lot I didn't know about cloth nappies :shock:
We use weenees and have found them really good. I used the 0-2 size from when she was about a month old. To start with I used it as a cover over a pinned nappy, then when she was big enough used it properly.
I brought the weenees straight from the eenees website in Aus, and they worked out at about $17 each. I brought one pack of nappies and also got given several dozen from other people. So it cost less than $150 to get set up. Hopefully she will be toilet trainned before she outgrows this size. I have been using disposible at night to keep her dryer. I tried switching back to cloth at night but found she was getting really bad nappy rash. I think I might try again and try using a fleece insert to keep her dryer.

Lissa
TNN convert

Post by Lissa » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:04 pm

these covers were one of the first i tried when i started using cloth.
i wasn't too impressed. i found my son had a lot of leaks (wicking is terrible!), poo containment was poor and they always left red marks on his sides and back from the velcro fastenings. i also found doing these covers up at the back was a bit difficult on a wiggly baby.
i bought a few of these covers with a packet of disposable pads. i found the pads really absorbent, i saved them to use during long car trips. i liked that the pads were flushable. but i wouldn't fork out $30 odd dollars per box.
i ended up selling my eenees on trade me, but have found numerous covers in second hand stores on my cloth nappy searches and have bought them all (they were like $1 each!)
good for backups :)
Mum to two little monkeys:
DS 4 yrs
DD 1.5 yrs

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:24 am

We used Eenees on India when we started cloth nappying. They did manage to contain BF poop explosions really well but I hated how the cotton leg bands wicked like crazy. This is what led me to get some stuff from overseas to try! I liked the Weenees pullon pant over fitted nappies but FAR prefer the Bummis pullon as they have a much softer leg band.

Sharon

Angel
TNN guru

Post by Angel » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:10 am

The eenees without the inner sling - the older style - wicks something shocking. I have a few as backups though.

Also got a pair of the pull on plastic overnaps. I had to get the size larger than what Ella is currently in, and they still left red marks around her legs.
ImageImage

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:16 am

I'm not too keen on these in general.

Although I can say they worked great when André was making the transition from night naps to undies. But he did usually only wet them in the mornings and then took them off straight away so no chance for wicking to occur.
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:32 am

I've noticed that a few of you have commented on how expensive weenees are. I'd like to know what you use that is cheaper. From my looking everything else seems to be as expensive if not more

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:49 pm

Lou, I don't think it is so much the price of them rather how unreliable they are for the price sell for. If you get my drift...

You can buy Bummis Super Whisper Wraps (SWW) for $15 (approx. + postage) and they do the same thing as weenies (fold a nappy and place it inside) and the SWW ARE reliable.
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

Angel
TNN guru

Post by Angel » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:02 pm

Agree with Melissa - Bummis super whisper wraps are awesome, can use a flat nappy in a pad or pinned, or a flat or snappied prefold. And they dont leak!
ImageImage

Mickeigh

Post by Mickeigh » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:44 pm

Lou, other options along the same lines that are cheaper are nix-naps, downundies, proraps and bummis wraps. These are all well under $20 each new and all you can pad fold flat nappies or prefolds. Quick and easy nappying. :D

Return to “Covers”