eenee weenees

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:12 pm

Oh yea, temporarily forgot about Nix-naps (sorry Nikki), they are really good too, no wicking with these, and reasonably priced.
I haven't tried prowraps.
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

annie
TNN nerd

Post by annie » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:54 pm

i use these as back ups, they are nice and trim and seem to fit my baby well. i like the velcro at the back for my houdini.
the binding wicks terribly tho, which was not a problem when lara on wet a small amount but now that she is saving it up and then peeing a bucket full it is a serious pain.

annie
annie,

mama of the feral five

rahel
TNN convert

Post by rahel » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:51 am

Gotta admit that these are actually probably my favourite at the moment. I use them on my 2 week old boy with the microfibre flats and fleece liner and they work so well. Love that they are so trim, and the elastic at the legs and tummy seems really comfortable. And he is even in the small size ( i am just so glad i didn't buy these in newborn size). and of course they dry quick. so all good.

rahel
TNN convert

Post by rahel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:53 pm

okay i am not so starstruck anymore, since they've been leaking quite often. Is that just me? But I still use them lots but always with a cover. Just in case.

shortly
TNN guru

Post by shortly » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:40 pm

I picked up a newborn at Savemart the other day for 20cents.

These are the type I used for Mr 9 - back in the days before MCN to my knowledge. They saved me soooo much money, and time. I guess that I am really looking forward to my MCN now since these are supposedly so much better than what we used last time!! They hadn't even though of the sling bit when I used them (with a folded trad flannel flat)
Sheryl

Mum to Shay (17) Alison (7) and Rebecca (6), obsessive knitter, full-time teacher, and *still* working on my Masters. Not long to go now!!

Riley & Mum
TNN newbie

promising but disappointed in the end

Post by Riley & Mum » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:30 am

I got a couple of eenees with microfibre inserts and disposable pads as a trial pack through the Christchurch City Council scheme, cost seemed fine through this deal (fantastic scheme) but I haven't bought any at actual retail.

I loved how these looked and the fit was nice and snug (although a bit on the small side definitely, would be hard pressed to get an extra insert in for night) haven't had any leaks even with a horrible teething poo, BUT;
- snaps for the new pouch design do dig into baby's skin
- velcro ends are quite hard and tend to dig in, try not to pull the elastic too tight; this will help but I found it didn't eliminate this problem
- plastic edging on pouch chafes wherever it touches skin and leaves red marks

I didn't like the feel of the disposable inserts, they aren't soft and have a paper like feel to them. And we have an old house with old plumbing so I'm not keen on flushing them, although the idea is handy.

The service was great from Modern Nappies and I emailed them with the above and they replied quickly with suggestions. Obviously not every nappy works for everyone, I'm not convinced these are for us.

bonny
TNN convert

Post by bonny » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 pm

Thank you for your comments.
Yes most people do say the look and fit of the Weenees is excellent.
and that they don't leak even with the more "explosive" poo (which can be hard to contain in any diaper) so that's all good
:)

When you say the pants are leaving marks on your bub it suggests you are doing them up too firmly, just slacken them off a bit and this will stop (the elastic waist will let you do them up much tighter than they need to be). The waist should not be tight at all. The tabs shouldn’t be pulled but simply closed otherwise it will leave marks.

Re chafing:
I emailed my supplier as I’d never heard of this problem and she has emailed me back saying;

"No we have never had any problem with the pouch binding, this is the softest most comfortable binding we have ever found.
I can only assume this particular customer has a rare sensitivity to it. I can’t see any practical way around it as it is an integral part of the design and is part of the reason why we have no leaking or wicking."

She also asked me to ask if your baby is sensitive to any other types of materials?

As for the sizing the 0-2 years should go from 6-12kgs and so they should be the right size but having said that there are all shapes and sizes of babies – The Weenees should rest below the waist on bigger bellies

The whole of the nappy should be pressed inside the pouch This will prevent any wicking.

Re the Disposable Pads - I used them with my babies and they were fine.
Most people who do use them reorder them and they are the most popular method for absorption for the Weenees in the USA & possibly Australia.
Having said that most people here in NZ preferr to use cloth and I certainly only used the Disposable Pads when I went out or away for the weekend.
The Eenee Microfiber Nappies are way more popular here in NZ as they are so absorbent and quick and easy to wash and dry - Also very reasonably priced.

There is a great video you could watch to get a few tips as well. It's on the American website - (Weenees are called gdiapers in USA as Weenees mean something else over there)
Their site is www.gdiapers.com and the video link is:
http://www.gdiapers.com/watch_vid

I guess that you're right - not every nappy works for everyone - We do have thousands of very happy customers though and sales are virtually all word of mouth and repeat business which is very important to us.
People LOVE them because:
There's no need to wash the whole system with every change.
In fact all you need to wash most changes is the microfiber nappy which is small but super absorbent and quick and easy to wash and dry.
So you are saving time, energy, water, and the planet.
Also you save heaps of money – you don’t need so many pairs. Extra Pouches mean extra nappies and they are very reasonably priced.
Occasionally the Pouch may get soiled but it is easy to wash and dry quickly -just throw it into your washing machine or air it out if it's slightly damp.
You only need to launder the outer Pants every couple of days or so as they shouldn’t get soiled/wet.
Hope this helps

:)
Heidi
Mum of beautiful twin boys Luca and Stefano, and equally georgous Isabella.
www.modernnappies.co.nz

Riley & Mum
TNN newbie

Gave them a good go...

Post by Riley & Mum » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:30 am

Well we've used them for another week now. Have gone as loose as we can with the velcro without them falling off, still getting imprint marks from the snaps and the velcro ends.

Riley doesn't have any allergies. He mostly gets the chafing on his back where the back of the pouch touches his skin, which probably means it is making him sweat there by causing a heat rash.

They look cute, fit well and they're easy to wash and dry but they're not our personal favourites. Thanks for your suggestions Bonny, I do appreciate the response.

Return to “Covers”