Nix-Ultra

snoopy
TNN nerd

Nix-Ultra

Post by snoopy » Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:22 pm

Got one of these yesterday and used it today. Can't rave enough about it. VERY trim, and feels so light. The fleece on the inside makes it nice and soft, and it was so nice to be able to feel his little bottom even with the hemp flat in it. I just can't get over how thin it felt.

And very cute too!! (I got the dino pattern)

:D :D

garbanzo bean
TNN nerd

Post by garbanzo bean » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:04 pm

I've got one of these too. My little girl is a big wetter and we haven't had one leak from our Ultra. She's 5 months and can wear it from 7 till 7 no prolems. I've found stuffing with an infant sized prefold best. A flat can fit but was a bit bulky for me and a little tricky to try and fold just right to get it in there - but a prefold (or hemp flats etc) easy peasy. :lol:

Also, very cute. 5/5 for cute factor. Mines got little glittery stars and is the girliest nappy she has!
Tara

SAHM to DS 2003 and DD 2005

ElaineD
TNN convert

Post by ElaineD » Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:08 pm

What are you using these over? How would they fit over a fitted?

(curious new-girl :oops: , still learning!! LOL)

Thanks! :D
Elaine

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b2.lilypie.com/2Rs4p12/.png[/img][/url]

garbanzo bean
TNN nerd

Post by garbanzo bean » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:46 pm

Hi Elaine, I don't think these would go over a fitted nappy very well but maybe others have done so?
Tara

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:41 am

I mostly just use a pad-folded flat in mine; ocassionally I'll do a proper fold and pin job. I have used them over Nap-Naps fitteds with good success. They do fit over my Cutiebums and PikoBaby fitteds, but they are kind of bulky at the legs and I have trouble getting good coverage around that area. It can be done though. I just find it easier to stick with the plain flats (or hemp flats) - they work great.

I only have sz 2 snazzis for night time, and they're way to big to go under my Nix-Ultra's - sz 1s might, but I suspect the frilly leg bit might stick out? :-k
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

garbanzo bean
TNN nerd

Post by garbanzo bean » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:57 am

Hmmm, was just thinking, thought I should say I've only used the small Ultra Nix nap on my little girl and only have one fitted to even try and put it over (which doesn't fit) but other fitteds and bigger Nix Naps could well be fine over fitteds. My favourite with these though is pad folding a regular prefold. Lasts for ever (until she does a poo anyway).

Sorry - don't want to send you up the wrong creak with bad advice.
Tara

ElaineD
TNN convert

Post by ElaineD » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:11 am

Thanks!

Tara, don't worry, you are not sending me up the wrong creek!! LOL....I appreciate any and all advice.....I had read somewhere else that the Nix-Naps were too bulky over fitteds, and just wondered if this was the case with the Ultras as well.

I am still deciding which system/s (LOL) to use.....and think I am mainly going for prefolds/hemp flats with these (or Nix-
Nap fleece-only) covers, ... but you see, I saw some Cutiebums the other day and they look gorgeous too!! so now I am wondering what you would put over a Cutiebums or other fitted, probably a BSWPant or Wrap? I read that the pant is extremely slim fitting, although boring, but with a Cutiebums underneath, that would be cute!!!

I get to start buying soon (waiting to hopefully find out gender), am very excited about that!!

Thanks to all for your replies!! :D
Elaine

stripeycat
TNN nerd

Post by stripeycat » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:45 am

I think it depends how bulky your fitteds are to start with.. ie the Nap-Naps are really trim, but the fitteds with more absorbant layers are bigger to start with and it doesn't take much of a cover to make the whole combo seem bulky.

But it's all in the eye of the beholder....what seems bulky to some, seems normal to others. I'm not too worried about bulk (as long as I can find pants to fit!), but I am concerned about having the nappy well covered.
Megan, crazy lunch lady and mum to 5 gorgeous girls.

NIX-KIDZ
TNN convert

Post by NIX-KIDZ » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:35 am

Morning Girls :D

Funny you should be talking about this topic......

Im just about to get an Ultra tested over a snazzi sz2, the lady in question is sending me one of hers and I am custom making one to see how the fit etc goes. There are no problems with how the Ultra works this is just a "look see" to find out how it looks and fits over a fitted nappy.

Im guessing that if it fits fine over a snazzi then it will be ok with other brands of fitted nappies :wink:

I do know that a med Ultra fits over a sz1 snazzi. The covers were designed to be used with flats, prefolds, inserts etc in mind, as at the time I started making covers there was not much in the way of fitted nappies available/made here in NZ.

I should have the answer no later than this time next week so I will pop in a post as soon as I find out.

Hope everyone had a great New Year :smt023 :smt041

TTFN

Nikki
Conor 3.5
Jordie 10.5
Mike 19.5

ElaineD
TNN convert

Post by ElaineD » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:51 pm

Thank you to everyone for your responses...especially Nikki, do let us know how the test over the fitted works, curious minds and all that :D

Didn't mean to turn this into a fitteds discussion :oops: was just curious to know about fit.

I have lots of questions in general really, but more are answered daily as I read the posts here and surf around the nappy sites (such clever WAHMs we have!). Spoilt for choice, but that's not really a bad thing, is it? :lol:

Dh is still sold on the flats/prefolds with a fleece cover idea, so that's probably where we will start.....Nikki, I expect to be in touch with you later in the year! (yee-ha! I can't wait!) But probably with more :?: too!! LOL
Elaine

KAJ
TNN addict

Post by KAJ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:27 am

I used the small Nix-Naps with prefolds only because I didn't know about fitteds till later!!!
Now that DD is in a medium Nix-Nap they fit over Rosie’s medium fitteds great!!!!
And I have a few Nix-Naps covers varying from fleece, velvet to the Nix-Ultra prints.

Elaine.. you might just have to sample a bit of everything :lol:

Prefolds with covers are good for new borns.... then much later when they get to that wriggly stage at nappy time that's where pockets come in handy less fussing about and then you can use your prefolds to stuff your pockets. And now it's good that there are pocket nappies out there that can be used as covers as well so they are multi functional.
Sal

Mum to one very active girl: 23.09.04

NIX-KIDZ
TNN convert

Post by NIX-KIDZ » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:55 am

Morning Ladies,

I got the photos back...ummmm :? the cover is huge, I took a look at photos of wee ones wearing the snazzi fitted and the "frill" around the legs seems to sit differently, some it sits flat against the leg..which is what I based the cover around and some the frill tucks back, hope that makes sence.

I think I will be giving it a miss as the extra fabrics will bump the price up...cost is something that Im trying to keep down for the customer...and since the cover has to be wider through the crutch and just about everywere else it would really only be good for using with fitted nappies, the extra width would mean that it would be too big to be "nicely" used with prefolds, inserts etc. I dont use FOE so that means that there needs to be more clearance to get a snug fit around the legs.

I tend to think that pull on covers and covers like the wisper wrap that have FOE would be the way to go. This is something that I will be moving into a little later in the year.

Im really sorry I couldnt be of much help at the moment :(

Thanks

Nikki
Conor 3.5
Jordie 10.5
Mike 19.5

ElaineD
TNN convert

Post by ElaineD » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:22 am

Nikki! Don't think that you weren't a help - you were!! Thank you for looking into this (for me!) I really appreciate it. We are more than likely going the pre-fold or flats/cover way anyway, so it's no biggie, I just wondered if they would fit over fitteds too.

Thanks again!
Elaine

April
TNN nerd

Post by April » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:27 pm

I love my Nix-Ultra! It is the cutest and girliest nappy we own and I love showing it off! I pop a prefold, flat, or sometimes my Fuzzi inserts (with a microfleece line to cover) inside and it works great. Nikki kindly added an extra piece of velcro to one of the tabs, so they now cross over, and it (size: medium) fits my 12kg daughter perfectly. Providing it has enough absorbency placed in it, this cover lasts 13 hours without leaking. It washes up beautifully after months of use and I'm keen to order more as soon as I can decide on fabrics! Thanks, Nikki, for a brilliant product and service!

miggs
TNN nerd

Post by miggs » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:53 pm

we just love our ultra nix :smt055 , and it does fit over fitted nappies like kushies classics but im just using the hemp prefold and booster, loving the combo its the first time i have used hemp and its great joshua dosnt even have a wet bottom compared to his kushies. the fit is great theres still a bit of growth left in the small and hes 15mths 10kgs :smt043 im deffinetly getting some more for when number two is due. 5/5 for fit and cute factor :wink: .
margaret
Margaret Mum to-
Joshua 7
Zoe 5
Elizabeth 2

Return to “Covers”