Weenies Pouch Pants Trial

Anonymous

Weenies Pouch Pants Trial

Post by Anonymous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:16 am

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casper
TNN nerd

Post by Casper » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:28 am

I missed out on the trial :( Can't wait to hear how they go
Nicole

Angel
TNN guru

Post by Angel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:47 am

Just received our pair - they look very cool!

Will try them on after lunch.
Aimee http://www.ravelry.com/projects/angeldunedin
~ Ella - 11 years old ~ Toby - 8.5 years old ~ Olivia - 5.5 years old ~
ImageImage

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:56 am

Mine have just arrived too, along with my snappi from snazzipants so I can try the one-size hemp on one boy, and the pouch pants on the other.
My pouch pants are a really nice coffee colour with black trim, nice and latte'ish!
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:11 pm

Ok, I've just put the pouch pants on George. The rise is a little lower than I'm used to, but it helps them look like undies. So far I love the look of them, the real test will of course the the elimination duo! He's not yet done a poo, so if we're lucky they may get to do both tests in first wearing!
I've taken photo's, so when I get a chance to download them I'll post one.
Rachelle

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:27 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel
TNN guru

Post by Angel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:51 pm

Even though Ella is only about 10.5kgs, she is wearing a size 2-4 which is 12kgs+, and its a nice fit.

Aimee http://www.ravelry.com/projects/angeldunedin
~ Ella - 11 years old ~ Toby - 8.5 years old ~ Olivia - 5.5 years old ~
ImageImage

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:19 pm

Got mine too :D Navy - very cute. They do look just like undies when on, and because all the bulk is between the legs and not round the sides, they are trim like undies. The 2-4 is a wee bit big on my skinny-ass boy (2 1/2), but still fits. They seem to fit larger than the old weenees, or maybe its just cos theyre stretchy. I havent seen a 0-2 in the pouch pants, so I cant comment on if they'd be a better fit. The rise on ours is just perfect (maybe because he is a little small for them, so they sit a bit higher) - legs seem to fit well, its just the waist that could do with being a few centimetres tighter. But we have that problem with everything! But most importantly - they do stay up, and the pouch sits where it should.

Poo tested already! Thats a sign of approval from my boy - if its comfy, he'll poo in it straight away :lol: Great containment - extra pouch is a brilliant idea. Unfortunately I dont have another hemp trifold clean atm, which is what I was using to stuff the pouch. So more testing later.

First impression - I really like them. The fabric is much nicer than the old weenees and I like the solid colour (sorry - I never could get to like tarten and teddy bears :wink: ). I really like the stretchy waistband, the pouch is easy to use, they look trim and comfy, and the pouch holds more than it appears to. Cotton fabric outer still scares me, but we'll see how they go in a proper test :D The absorbant pad is all contained in the pouch (it comes up round the sides too), which is PU coated nylon - so it should be fine.

blossom
TNN guru

Post by blossom » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:20 pm

oh! :( I must have missed out! I did post on the thread and also pm'd my details but never heard anything back.... bums! I would have loved to have tried these..... maybe I missed out cos bubs isn't here yet? (But I could have tested them on Logan...??...) :(
Last edited by blossom on Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janine
Mum to L (30/10/02) & Z (01/01/06)
-----------------------------------------

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:25 pm

I like the look of them but I think I'd be scared by the cotton outer & the leg bands. It was wicking leg bands on my old weenees that drove me to find different modern cloth.

Sharon

bellasmum
TNN nerd

Post by bellasmum » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:28 pm

Oooh we got our Weenees today, they are red with a navy trim - very cool! They'll be great for Christmas :wink:

I have put them on Bella with a hemp flat folded into four and a snazzi doubler -these inserts fit really well. I also want to try them with a flanny flat, microfibre(which would be really trim!) and a prefold - if I can squash one in... :?

From my first impresssion:
- They look really cute - very important for the average nappy nutter :P - - I really love the soft leg trim - very kind on chubby thighs.
- The waistband is lovely and trim - no bulk
- The rise is perfect for her - fits under her lovely round puku!
- I really like how trim they are in general - no bubblebutt here!
- Lovely soft material.
- The sling looks like it will keep things encased....
- Beautiful fit on Bella size 0-2 6-12kg (in fact they look like they'll fit for a lot longer than the specified weight range....we'll just have to wait and see...)

Anyway I'll post an update hopefully in 2-3 hours later (unless we have any explosions :shock: )

Thanks for the opportunity to give them a go Heidi

Cheers,
Kim

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:59 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helen
TNN nerd

aimee

Post by helen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:06 pm

you will so have to bring them to the nappicino as i have used both types new and older

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:38 pm

Well, George went down for a nap almost straight after I'd put them on, must be the heat as he doesn't nap usually these days. No poo, but probably 3 hours and the outer wasn't even damp, despite the flannel flat in the pouch being sodden.
For wees at least I am impressed. George didn't seem uncomfortable despite the sodden insert, and even his father loved the look!
I'll keep you posted with how it copes when he eventually christens them! :D :D
Rachelle

bellasmum
TNN nerd

Post by bellasmum » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:01 pm

Well, she wore her weenees for just over 3hours today with a hemp flat -folded into 4 and a hemp/fleece doubler, and the cover was perfectly dry -while the contents were absolutely sodden (she's a fairly heavy wetter!)
They also leave no red marks - yay!

DH just loves them and thinks they look just like "big kid knickers!".

We also have discussed how great they would be to go on holiday with - using the flushable pads - very convenient.

They are also very Daddy friendly with the velcro.

Anyway - they haven't been put through the "poo test" yet.....so that'll be tomorrows trial.......so far we love them! :D

Cheers,
Kim

Return to “Covers”