Weenies Pouch Pants Trial

Casper
TNN nerd

Post by Casper » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:36 pm

Is there anywhere to buy these so I can try one? Did a quick google but can't see much available.
Nicole

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:41 pm

I got given a business card along with the nappy. http://www.econappiesnz.com
HTH
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Mogsy
TNN newbie

Post by Mogsy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 pm

Hi
I have a couple of the old weenie designs but haven't used them much, as maybe it is "me" problem, but found the velcro tabs rubbed against his skin when he was wriggling around. There didn't seem to be much waistband between skin and hard scratchy velcro in some places. I am interested to know if this looks like it might be a problem with the new pouch design you are all trying out. I would love to hear any thoughts.
Thanks
Mum to Anna (July 2002) and Toby (May 2005)

Angel
TNN guru

Post by Angel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:44 pm

Well, ours got put to the test this evening - Ella has been enjoying a number of grapes over the last couple of days and we got a stinky mess... well contained though! The outer didnt get damp or dirty - as it is only cotton/elastine you would definately know if it did get wet.

Mogsy - the waistband is a lot softer and "friendlier" than the older style weenees. I like these new ones a lot! The inner pouch bit is very cool.

Helen - I will definately bring them along on the 7th :D
Last edited by Angel on Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aimee http://www.ravelry.com/projects/angeldunedin
~ Ella - 11 years old ~ Toby - 8.5 years old ~ Olivia - 5.5 years old ~
ImageImage

bellasmum
TNN nerd

Post by bellasmum » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:47 pm

Hi Mogsy,

I haven't tried the older weenees, but I have a chubby bubba (very wriggly too!) who is prone to getting scratched by velcro on some types of napppies. These ones have a lovely soft waistband and no scratching so far.......... :)

hth,
Kim

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:46 pm

I third the no scratchy velcro - I did find that an occasional problem with the old style, depending on JJs shape at the time. But this velcro is much better positioned, and the waistband is larger and soft. Definately not a problem :D

Ive also heard/seen a few people say that they would be concerned about the snaps that hold the pouch digging in - if you just look at a picture of one open, it does look like they could - but they dont. The snaps are very flat/thin, and positioned so that the bulk of the pad keeps the snaps from digging in.

bellasmum
TNN nerd

Post by bellasmum » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:59 am

Well, they have now been put through the "poo test" and a pretty full-on one at that (sorry tmi). The sling kept it all encased with no leaking to speak of. To remove it , I just undid the velcro and then undid the snaps (leaving the sling there)and slid out the cover so I didn't get any spills on it and that worked well.

I have found though you will need to wash it separately as I have found the colour runs with the red/navy. Bella was playing with a tippy cup full of water and her singlet has now got a lovely navy stripe around the bottom! My fault though - as I should have pre-washed it, given the colours it was! :oops:

Anyway enough waffle from me now. I have tried a few different nappies now and I really like the weenees and would recommend that you give them a go! :D I'm going to have to add a couple more to my ever-increasing stash!! \:D/

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:10 am

For those that missed out on Heidis generous offer - theres 2 pairs of newborn size pouch pants on TradeMe now, starting at $10

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Baby-gear/Napp ... 142541.htm

bonny
TNN convert

Post by bonny » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:20 pm

Hi all
:D :D
It's great to have my thoughts confirmed about the pouch pants containing everything allot better. Thanks for the great feedback about the snap fasteners and the waist band etc...
Nice to know thry're Dad friendly too.
:)
Cheers
Heidi
Mum of beautiful twin boys Luca and Stefano, and equally georgous Isabella.
www.modernnappies.co.nz

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:48 am

Right - weve had a few uses now (JJ has not been too keen on wearing anything on his bum recently :roll: ). The first was the poo test...it was only on about 10 minutes (see previous post). The second time, I tried using a pad folded (fairly large) muslin. I did this purposefully, as it's our least absorbant stuffer. We had soaking wet pant (and shirt) in under a hour - but not unexpectedly - JJ is a heavy wetter, and being 2 1/2, now tends to do one huge pee, rather than lots of little ones.
BUT - our third trial was with a hemp prefold (smallish prefold, 7/8 layers when folded) and the outside was perfectly dry after more than 2 1/2 hours, even the leg bands (which tended to wick first on the old style). The hemp was sodden, almost dripping. The pouch was also quite wet, but absolutely no dampness on the cotton outer. I wouldnt normally leave anything on JJ longer than this, so I have to say that they are as good as anything we have :D

I would like to sew up some inserts, maybe 2 layers hemp with 2 layers microfibre inside - as a bi or tri-fold. Id make them to fit perfectly in the pouch, as most inserts/flats etc we have need a bit of fussing around to make fit properly. I like no-fuss nappying :lol:
I'll have to check out the microfibre inserts on the website - I think a washable insert made to fit would be a big selling point for the pouch pants. I personally dont like the idea of the flushable/compostable insert (just cos they are single use) and folding something to fit was always a drawback to the older weenees we have.

Excuse the bad photos - inside with flash, and I forgot to take off my polarising filter :roll:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:11 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:00 pm

I gave ours a good test this morning. Eli had it on for about 3 hrs with a homemade prefold (not quite as absorbant as a regular prefold) and when I changed him the insert was really wet (like really! poor boy :? ) and the snap-in pouch was damp too, but the cotton outer was dry. I was very impressed, I would have thought for sure the outer would be damp, at least on the leg bands, but no it wasn't.
So, I would have to agree with Stacey - these are as good as anything else I have. A folded regular prefold fits quite well with a little adjusting to make sure it is in properly. Custom made inners would be handy but not necessary IMO. I'm not keen on the flushable inner idea either.

It was an inspired idea to design these with a changeable inner pouch, the design works wonderfully at keeping the damp in.
On Eli, the size 2-4 are a bit loose around the waist and they still worked well. That says something. They fit Byron quite well, the rise is low but it doesn't really matter - they still work and look good.

I like the look of this new design, we have a red and blue pair and they are very smart.
I like that the inners can be changed and the outers should last the whole day, easily. It cuts down on washing and would be quite good cost-wise because you would need less outers.

I will trial them for a little longer before I give them a rating out of 5. We haven't had any ultimate tests yet. So far so good though. :D
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:02 pm

Should this be in the review section? Can you move the thread there Stacey, or should we start a new one?
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

nznats
TNN guru

Post by nznats » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:10 pm

very jealous how did I miss the original thread :( They look great :)
Natalie! Mama to Amalia (04/04) Aston (03/07) Davien (06/08) and Kalina (05/10)

~It will all be okay in the end, if it's not okay, it's not the end ~

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:50 pm

Well, still no poo in them, George seems to be saving that for my nappies.

Still no wet leakage though and I definitely love the look! Here's my photos'. Took a while for me to download them.

Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Return to “Covers”