Little Buttons - Pop!-Nap

Dunners
TNN oracle

Little Buttons - Pop!-Nap

Post by Dunners » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:34 pm

Little Button Pop!-Nap Nappies are a hybrid pocket/cover system - taking the best of both worlds, that is, combining the economy of a cover that is reusable with the simplicity of using a pocket with a staydry layer and holding the stuffing so that doesn't slip/bunch. These are available from here http://www.littlebuttons.co.nz/

I was lucky enough to be a tester for this system. James (10 kg, 1 year old) tested a size M system, this was a great fit as a day nappy (but not large enough for a night time nappy for James or Emily). (James wears size Medium/Petite nappies during the day and Large at night, so the sizing is very much on par with other brands of pocket nappies).

The whole nappy was a great fit, and one feature really caught my attention - the back elastic. I just love the back elastic - wonderfully soft, snug fitting and very effective in both appearance and containment.

The Pop!-Nap system is easy to use, and is a wonderful combination of the two original systems (Pockets & Covers with Prefolds). I didn't really like using prefolds & covers on my kiddies - this is a great improvement on this system, while being a cheaper alternative to pockets.

Great work Megan - I loved testing your Pop!-Nap Nappy! (Just looooove that back elastic ;))
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

Post by ms.belinda » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:56 pm

I heart Pop!-Naps! :D

10/10 - great fit, brilliant concept, very versatile - and you can just tell they are made with love. I'm definitely getting more! :shock:
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

Uglyduckling
TNN nerd

Post by Uglyduckling » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:03 pm

I tested these nappies as well.

In the past I have been a pocket only person but I love this combo pockets with a cover - totally economical.

The things I love about this system:
~ ultra small nappy bag cause all you need is the replacable pop!in's
~ comfy back elastic
~ elastic allows for large size range which means good value for money
~ professional sewing, strong and sturdy
~ Very good pricing, much cheaper if you were to buy a whole system rather than a whole system of pockets.

A very cool design, not sure how it would work with new born breast-fed pooh but I am sure someone with a newbie tested it and found it worked well.

My rating: 4/5 (lol only cause I only rate my own home made naps at 5/5 lol)
Jen (aka Ducky) mother of three beautiful babies. Miss 7 and Master almost 5yo and Miss almost 2yo

Wisegirl
TNN guru

Post by Wisegirl » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Are they bulky with the nap then a cover? Like a fitted I suppose? I can't seem to get my head around it, may need to see one IRL.

Does the nap inside the cover have a waterproof layer and if so why if there is a cover? Sorry, just a bit confused :oops:

The back elastic does look comfy! :)

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

Post by ms.belinda » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:32 pm

No, no bulkier than a stuffed pocket! :D There's just one more (thin) layer of PUL & one of fleece.
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

Tentacles
TNN guru

Post by Tentacles » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:10 pm

We also trialed a Little Buttons Pop!-nap and I really love them. My wee boy was only 3-4 weeks old when we got our size small and I found it fantastic on a newborn. The double lot of leg elastic (pocket and cover) meant we haven't once had even the slightest of leaks from this nappy, even with his somewhat impressive newborn bf explosions. Occassionally it would get the cover as well but never fully excaped :D I did find when he was really tiny that more than one insert at a time seemed quite bulky on him but no more than the equivalent amount of stuffing in another pocket nappy iykwim. I also love the back elastic, it looks so comfy and the ease of changing the pocket and reusing the cover is fantastic. :D
Aiden is now 3.5 months and over 12 pounds and still fits the size small, once he grows out of it I think I may have to place an order :lol: So on the whole I'd thoroughly recommend this nappy system for new babies as a cost effective, simple and very efficient system.
Alison - Currently SAHM to DS (04/07) and DD (09/10).

http://kiwicraftychemist.blogspot.com

mbi15
TNN nerd

Post by mbi15 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:10 am

Aw thankyou for your lovely comments :cloud9: :smt039 :D

Wisegirl wrote:Are they bulky with the nap then a cover? Like a fitted I suppose? I can't seem to get my head around it, may need to see one IRL.

There is 1 extra layer of PUL and microfleece than what is used in a pocket, but I my opinion does not create any extra bulk in the nappy, I think they look trimmer then some other brands of pocket naps. A lot of the bulk is reduced because of the back elastic as they don't puff up at the back, IYKWIM

Wisegirl wrote:Does the nap inside the cover have a waterproof layer and if so why if there is a cover? Sorry, just a bit confused :oops:

The back elastic does look comfy! :)

Yes there is a layer of PUL on the Pop!-Nap as well as in the Pop!-Cover, this is to allow the cover to be re-used, so moisture can't escape into the cover, so the cover doesn't get smelly.

HTH
Megan

[url=http://www.snugglepie.com][img]http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/779420.png[/img][/url]
[url=http://tickers.families.com][img]http://tac.families.com/ezb/1174543.png[/img][/url]

nicky-noodle
TNN guru

Post by nicky-noodle » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:04 pm

I love our Pop!-Nap Nappy system. Sophie was lucky enough to be a tester :D and it has had a thorough work out.

It was the only nappy in our system that contained everything when she had a bad bout of gastro and I mean everything. I only had to change the nappy and the cover but not her bodysuit and clothes! Could have done with a couple more!

It is a great fit and I love the back elastic so comfy and no red elastic marks.

A clever design that is so simple to use.

Thanks

Nicky

blossom
TNN guru

Post by blossom » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:42 am

Sounds like I'm going to have to try one of these?!! 8-)
Janine
Mum to L (30/10/02) & Z (01/01/06)
-----------------------------------------

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:08 pm

I have bought one of these, with two pop bits (one cover). I really rate them. Jack has it on now and will be able to wear it again tonight for his night sleep with just another pocket bit in it. I love the two leak guards, I love the wide elastic at the back, great fit too. I really love the squareness (if that is the right word) of the front and how the wings seem to wrap around to give a really gorgeous fit, what I am trying to say is that the nappy doesn't seem to cut in at the wing like a fuzzi would.May have to post photos to explain! I will take a photo of him in it tonight.

I think if I was to have a third bub, these would be my choice. Such an economical nappy with loads of great features.

OlliesMummie
TNN nerd

Post by OlliesMummie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:56 pm

I think im going to have to try one too!
After xmas maybe i have nappies laybys and xmas presents coming out my ears :lol:
Image Image
ImageImage

Return to “Covers”