Stacinator Merino Wool Cover

RachelB
TNN convert

Stacinator Merino Wool Cover

Post by RachelB » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:37 pm

I have recently purchased one from Pippa, sherbet blue that she hand dyed, and its great!
A nice trim fit over my Snazzi's as long as you change the nappy regulary , no leaking or compression wicking and its breathable.
Mum to two gorgeous sons Harrison 8 yrs and
Miller 5yrs

rachael
TNN nerd

Post by rachael » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:15 pm

I love this cover! It is by far my favourite, fits really well over all my nappies as it is quite generously cut, doesn't mark Elises legs (which is a biggie for us!) and is really breathable. We do get some compression wicking if I don't change her frequently enough, but this is entirely my fault for being slack. I want to buy the sherbet pink one now, a definite 5 from us :)
Mya (12) Elise (10) Robbie (7) Daniel (4)

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:40 pm

how frequent are we talking about? Every 1-2hrs?

rachael
TNN nerd

Post by rachael » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:54 am

It depends what nappy I am using as to how long it will last without any dampness- with a snappied prefold only 1-2 hours as it is quite 'thin' under Elises bum when she wets if it is snappied, but a good 2-3 hours with a fitted. I just pop a booster in for sleeps and it lasted 3 hours the other day-with only slight dampness when she woke up, not sopping wet or enough to warrent a change of clothes.
Mya (12) Elise (10) Robbie (7) Daniel (4)

Flower
TNN nerd

Post by Flower » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:45 pm

I couldn't resist buying one of these because I love merino wool (I live in my icebreakers). They are a generous size, even after they shrink. DD will fit her medium one till she's toilet-trained, you'd have to be a big toddler to ever fit a large.

I love the breathability. The fit is great. If I had money to burn I'd buy 10 and use them all the time.

I use them overnight over a fitted nap, no problem.

Don't know if they'd work with a prefold.

kauri
TNN convert

wool covers

Post by kauri » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:10 pm

Ive had two of these i think mine must of shrunk as i find it really firm and unstreachy the rise seems to have shortendd, the medium only fits over a rosie small fitted, theirs no way i could use it at night. i find the wings pop up the front as well. i woulld love to find a natural cover for nights my babe sleeps on his puku which makes for heaps of compression.
two suns, 8 & over a year.

My life is my message.

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:39 pm

I rate these a 5, we use it over night with a bamboozle and it is great!! Hasn't wicked yet. :lol:

KLS
TNN nutter

Post by KLS » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:50 am

I bought one of these and after a few wears a snap broke - pulled out of the fabric. The company I bought it off (not Pippa) wouldn't replace it so I wrote to Staccinator and they sent me a new one immediately! Fabulous service. :smt041
I now haven't been able to use it as Ryder has eczema and I have been told to avoid wool until i work out what is triggering him. But when I used the first one, I really liked it! Nice and stretchy and soft - not scratchy like most other wool. Seemed to last a few hours at a time. Nice cover :D
Kelley / Mum to Ryder (13 May 2006)

brillohead
TNN nerd

Post by brillohead » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:25 pm

Do you guys lanolise them or use them as is?
Kelly -
Mom to 3 girls - 14, 6 and ...
Princess Bubbles
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com/kzLRm7/.png[/img][/url]

California... We are back and glad to be home! We are missing our Kiwi buddies though :(

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:27 pm

I just use it as is. But we are using it over a fuzzi, just to make the nap last for a full 12 or 13 hours.

brillohead
TNN nerd

Post by brillohead » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:39 pm

Ok - I am suddenly finding myself more in love with my wool and knitted covers than my pockets, and want to know how to use them to their fullest.
Maybe it's the laundry basket that's not full of pockets, but the wool covers airing on the clothes horse :lol:
Kelly -
Princess Bubbles

California... We are back and glad to be home! We are missing our Kiwi buddies though :(

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:52 pm

I wonder if you were using it over a fitted whether it would be better to lanolise it.

brillohead
TNN nerd

Post by brillohead » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:15 pm

Lily and Jack's Mum wrote:I wonder if you were using it over a fitted whether it would be better to lanolise it.

Well... after looking at stacinator.com, it does recommend lanolising before use.
Guess I'm off to dye my cream wool one and then lanolise it.
Hmmm...
Can you do that at the same time?
Kelly -
Princess Bubbles

Return to “Covers”