Bummis Super Whisper Wraps (BSWW)

RachelB
TNN convert

Post by RachelB » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:17 pm

LOL
I am pleased they finally found a happy home Rachael! Never mind we have to try these things!!
Mum to two gorgeous sons Harrison 8 yrs and
Miller 5yrs

Happy@home
TNN nerd

Post by Happy@home » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:12 pm

thought I'd my 2c here, i really like them.
Though my 12 month old loves to undo them-so I have to put a fluffy or whisper pants over them.

The med size is a good cover for infant kushies and a Med Rosie's naps.
BTW how do people fold their prefolds?
I fold mine width ways into four-so nothing sticks out.
Rebecca, HE mum to ds 17, ds16, dd 14, dd 12, dd 11, ds 9, ds 7, ds 6, dd 4, ds 2yo and due April mid '15

Mama-to-many
TNN nerd

BSWW

Post by Mama-to-many » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:37 pm

Maybe it's a Rachael thing - I'm also Rachael and I didn't like mine either so I also sold it!!! I found it leaked with prefolds whether they were just folded in a pad or snappied. Now I'm a fuzzibunz convert, but I do like the look of Nix Naps too.
Rachael
who pops onto TNN when Flower tells her to!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;46;15/st/19940925/e/I+started+changing+naps/dt/16/k/7b00/event.png[/img]
[/url]

kiwi101
TNN nerd

Post by kiwi101 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:28 pm

so far these are awesome on ashton, i've tried a snappi'ed prefold & a pad folded under one & no probs, all icky newborn stuff contained...
Last edited by kiwi101 on Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kiwis

I am a typo just WAITING to happen...

we are manic, mellow, average, exceptional, independant, reliant on each other, tired, full of energy...

caffiene is NOT my friend, neither is sugar... But that hasn't stopped me yet ...

Anonymous

Anyone had a waterproofing problem...?

Post by Anonymous » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:08 pm

Bummis fit M really well and are great in combination with a FB stay dry insert.

But has anyone else out there had a problem with them leaking through the fabric? They were initially washed in warm/hot water and were soaked in Nappisan inadvertantly.

embejo
TNN nerd

3.5 for fit

Post by embejo » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:18 pm

I'd give these a 3.5 for fit at the moment. Using a medium

I've got a big boy with very chubby legs and I've found that to have the wrap nice and firm around the waist, it cuts across the top of his thighs a bit. I'm still using it and just leaving it a bit looser., which is working ok, but I do worry about leaks, even though so far so good!

I've used it over prefolds, and over a medium Rosies fitted and works very well. No leaks...only ever cold washed and rinsed. Line dried.
I like the feel of the fabric though.
Last edited by embejo on Mon May 23, 2005 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mother of four lovely children
DD 8 years. DS 6 years. DS 4 years. DS 1 year.

krusty
TNN nerd

I love our BSWWs!!

Post by krusty » Sat May 07, 2005 10:35 pm

I love our BSWWs!!

I'll give them a big 5!!!

No leaks or scratches, and they are sooooo soft.

I like the way they don't feel "plastic-y" like some other wraps :D

And I like the way they dry super-duper quick!!
Kristi and Willow - Nursing Student and big School Girl!!

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://by.lilypie.com/9dqnp13/.png[/img][/url]

bellasmum
TNN nerd

Post by bellasmum » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:36 pm

We really love these covers for day use, in fact so much so we have six of them. We use them over a hemp flats for a trim nappy or over a snappied premium prefold for a nap. They also fit beautifully over other fitted nappies, including snazzipants, nap naps etc... We really like the fact they have great containment...we have never had a leak in them with an EBF baby! and the fact that they never leave nasty red marks on her thighs and waist.

They are easy to take care of, they can be thrown into a hot or cold wash and also in the dryer, but we find they are almost dry when they come out of the wash!

I give them a huge 5 out of 5
I just wish they had more print options! :D
Last edited by bellasmum on Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous

Bummis fit

Post by Anonymous » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:48 pm

These were a great fit when M. was small, but developed a tendancy to leak through the fabric.

Anyone else get this problem..?

A 4.5 for fit though.

bobavet
TNN nerd

Post by bobavet » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:01 am

Mine can get a little bit damp around the legs, but only when I've left the nappy on FAR too long :oops:
Julie
------------------------
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/dogdogsrd20050315_11_Alexandra+is.png[/img][/url]

AngeB
TNN convert

Bummis wraps

Post by AngeB » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:10 am

The fit for these is really good - probably a 4.5-5. I use them with a snappied prefold and I have not had a leak. I have used them pad folded as well but I find the snappy contains more breast feeding poo, so there is less on the nappy.

My DH really loves them, especially the frog one, it would be his first choice of nappy. We use fuzzies as well and they are probably my favourite but the prefolds and wraps are awesome. We are still in smalls but I am contemplating some medium purchases and am interested to see what happens when my little boy learns to undo things!
AngeB
D - Sept 05
C - Dec 07
A - Feb 10
I - Feb 12
Un-domestic goddess

Kylie
TNN newbie

Post by Kylie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:26 pm

Hi Ive been looking at these and wondering if they would be allright to use im using cloth nappies that I fold myself (flats i think people call them) or do you need to use prefolded naps :?: thanks :)

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:50 pm

Hi Kylie, these would be absolutely fine with flats. I used to fold the flats into a pad shape then place them inside a BSWW, but even if you were pinning the flats the Bummis should still fit over them well.
They have been a good reliable cover for us.
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

Nikki
TNN nerd

Post by Nikki » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:16 pm

Just wanted to update - my dd is now 12mths old and I can still get her into a small BSWW if I need to (she is only 8kg though). I use only flannel flats folded in the origami fold with a homemade booster and flushable liner on top. I don't use pins, just tuck the ends into the top of the nappy and the wrap holds it all in place. When she was newborn until maybe 3-4mths I used the Jo Fold (as found on the UK nappy folding website - The Nappy Lady) and taylored it as she grew - so kept the pad quite narrow between the legs and just flared the bum bit out for a smoother slimline fit (I didn't have the sides coming around to meet as the wrap held it in place) - I found this style of "pad" better because it wasn't so fat and bulky at the back.

Kylie
TNN newbie

Post by Kylie » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:41 pm

Well I got 1 to try & love it cant wait till I get some more :D

Return to “Covers”