Nix Naps

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Nix Naps

Post by ClothConvert » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:25 pm

These are fleece wraps, so more breathable than PUL. These are very well made by our very own Nikki right here in New Zealand.

I think these are generous in size, works really well with prefolds or flats folded into pads, FB microfibre terry inserts, hemp doublers, you name it!

Can be a bit bulky if using over fitted nappies, but hey some of us like that look so not a problem, eh?

Overall rating: 5 (out of 5)

I got them from TradeMe, but Nikki has a website now - http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/nix-kidz/

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:47 pm

A 4 from me...I only have one and I think JJ needs a bigger size. I find it a little too small to fit the amount of absorbancy he needs (ie: premium prefold). Fit is great - nice fit around legs, mid-rise, no gaping.

Stacey

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:29 am

I think at the moment its a 4 from me for fit as the small is a bit small but the next one up is too big around the waist. (he's 11kg) Fits prefolds, flat nappies, hemp flats, anything, really well. Is quite bulky at the back.

I love all the colours and options and the fact that the colours aren't all being hidden under a cover!
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:23 pm

A 5 from me (size small on 4 1/2 month old Emily).

I use ours with prefolds and it successfully contained an explosive poo that was going to head up her back last week. Yay! Sizing is generous, tabs are crossed over at the moment, but I like the room to pad it up with extra boosters.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Lissa
TNN convert

Post by Lissa » Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:59 am

a 4 from me. these covers are great, they fit snugly around the waist and thigh, are easy to clean and don't take long at all to dry.
i use mine with flats folded into a pad but find it is too bulky to use with my premium prefolds.

great colours and patterns! affordable as well!
Mum to two little monkeys:
DS 4 yrs
DD 1.5 yrs

NIX-KIDZ
TNN convert

Post by NIX-KIDZ » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:22 am

:oops: I have been waiting confirm....never got one so just tried logging in and YAY :D

Thanks for the comments ladies, just to let you know also that I have adjusted the pattern so that the fit around the bot is a bit trimmer.
As always any ideas on how anyone thinks they could be better are always welcome :)

Thanks everyone

Nikki[/i]

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:13 am

A 4 from me as well.

They are so easy to use, wash well and dry really quickly.

The only thing that bothers me a little, Nikki, is I can't overlap the waist tags (like you can on SWW's) so the waist tends to be too loose. I have devised a way to overlap them but it is not ideal really.

All in all these are great overnaps and I like to use them often during the day. :)
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

dennesclan
TNN addict

Post by dennesclan » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:48 am

I have got one Nix nap and I woulfd give it a 5/5 - it is as goos as my Fuzzibunz and cheaper!
Deb :smt039 :sew: :knit:
:skater: Rollerpark here we come :skater:
Part time teacher and full time mummy to
Ceejay :happyrun: 5 years old
Koby 1 year :TNN1: Mummy's lil Sweet heart :cloud9:

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:39 pm

My winnie the pooh one that i just got today (which i think is one of Nikki's trimmer versions) is definitely a big 5! a perfect fit!
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

Angel
TNN guru

Post by Angel » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:54 pm

Great fit - 5/5 from us. Just right around the waist so the tabs meet right in the middle! They look sooo cute on, especially the ladybird print pair. Ella does feel a little damp around the bum after about 1.5 hours with just a small prefold, but it is only damp, not soggy wet clothes.
Aimee http://www.ravelry.com/projects/angeldunedin
~ Ella - 11 years old ~ Toby - 8.5 years old ~ Olivia - 5.5 years old ~
ImageImage

NIX-KIDZ
TNN convert

Post by NIX-KIDZ » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:31 pm

:lol:
Just to let all you ladies know who currently use my NIX-NAP I have trimmed down the pattern ( in the last 3-4 weeks) it now fits snugger around the bot, and in changing the pattern it has also fixed the cross over tab problem.
:wink: As always if there are any comments they are more than welcome as they will only improve the way the cover works and fits.
"AQUA-NIX" is on the way :D

Nikki

Jordie 4
Mike 13

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Sat Jan 08, 2005 6:24 pm

JJ just got another couple of pairs (in the right size!) and I have to up my rating :D A solid 4.75 (you'll notice thats the highest rating Ive given for anything - Im not ready to end my quest for the perfect nappy LOL).
The fit is fantastic, couldnt ask for better. The 10kg+ fits a premium prefold and is lovely and trim with a smaller hemp prefold. The tabs seem to have confounded my wee boy (who simply takes off any front velcro these days). And the lizard print is just gorgeous!! JJ gave them a big cuddle when we opened the package - a sure sign of approval :)
Plus - Im happy (happy?) to report that they contain even HUGE explosions :lol:

Stacey

RachelB
TNN convert

Post by RachelB » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:23 pm

I just received my first Nix Nap and the fit is great, I have asked Nikki to make my next pair just a little bit bigger (size Med). Fits well over prefolds and leaves no nasty red makes,
Once again a great buy at $13, New Zealand made too!
Mum to two gorgeous sons Harrison 8 yrs and
Miller 5yrs

Claire
TNN oracle

Post by Claire » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:31 pm

I just sent Nikki my first order and I am quite excited about it (is anyone else amazed by how exciting nappies can be?)
I will be back here soon with my rating!!!!

rachael
TNN nerd

Post by rachael » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:29 am

I just got mine on Thursday, and I love them! They are my new favourite cover (Move over BSWW!) They are the first cover that I can actually get to work with prefolds, really well made and look soooo cute. And I haven't had the same issues with bad marking that I find with other covers as dd has really sensitive skin. So a 5 from me :D

Return to “Covers”