Nix Naps

helen
TNN nerd

used

Post by helen » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:06 pm

to fit ok but find with my growing boy they dont seem to be big enough around the bottom as they show a bit to mucvh when he bends over lol.
not sure if anyone else ahd this problem already on the bigger size

MMT
TNN convert

Post by MMT » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:16 am

Have you guys had any problems washing your Nix-Naps and getting lint/fluff all over them?? I have tried washing them in a netting laundry bag, but it still seemed to pick up heaps? HELP!
Son = Andrew DOB 26/10/04
Daughter = Vanessa DOB 11/8/06
Cloth Nappy Babies since birth!

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:35 am

Hi MMT, I think that is what happens with fleece - they come in all sorts of quality, some seem to pick up lint/fluff more than others. Also, it may also be that you had new nappies in the wash? New nappies in my experience seems to give out lots of fluff/lint in the first few washes, but it generally settles once it's been "worn in"...hth

NIX-KIDZ
TNN convert

Post by NIX-KIDZ » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:26 am

Hi MMT,

The net bags that I use is a very fine net, and also if you pop them in a bag in with clothing rather than nappies this too will help as some nappies fluff more than others.

Hope this helps.

Nikki

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:05 am

I wash my nix naps in with my clothes. No need for a laundry bag that way.
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

Tom's Mum
TNN convert

Post by Tom's Mum » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:06 pm

Where do I find the Nix Naps website? I've had a look before but I couldn't find it through Google.

NIX-KIDZ
TNN convert

Post by NIX-KIDZ » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:13 pm

Hi Tom's Mum,

here is the link to my home page: http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/nix-kidz/

If it wont work by clicking on it just copy and paste it into your browser.

It does need updating which I will be doing soon as I have added a few more products to the range.

Thanks

Nikki

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:14 pm

Abby, the URL is http://pages.quicksilver.net.nz/nix-kidz/ or you could PM Nikki (Username Nix-Kids on this site).

I have found that my Nix-Nap has only just started to form just a few wee pills (probably from washing with the new nappies I've made), despite always being washed in a delicates bag (which kept it pill-free in the past).

I have a de-piller tool I bought in Oz years back (after seeing one demonstrated at a craft show in NZ). It is difficult to describe, it uses sandpaper to "shave" the fleece. It has worked a charm on Em's Joely Pocket and Nix Nap the few times they've needed it. Only problem being I need another set of hands to help stretch out the cover when it is shaved.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Tom's Mum
TNN convert

Post by Tom's Mum » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:19 pm

thanks, I have caught the bug and have to try some more nappies now. These look really cute.

NIX-KIDZ
TNN convert

Post by NIX-KIDZ » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:22 pm

Hi Leanne,

Newer nappies do cause pilling, I have found if they are washed in the bag with other clothing rather than nappies and towels that it helps stop the pilling prob.

Try crossing your legs (like ladies do...lol) and putting the cover over the bent part of you knee :lol: and if you need to stretch it out a bit more tuck the tabs under the knee that is on top...hope that makes sence :?

TTFN

Nikki

kiwi101
TNN nerd

Post by kiwi101 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:31 pm

newborn size nix nap is great on ashton, with either a snappi'ed prefold or a pad fold, nothing has escaped ...
The Kiwis

I am a typo just WAITING to happen...

we are manic, mellow, average, exceptional, independant, reliant on each other, tired, full of energy...

caffiene is NOT my friend, neither is sugar... But that hasn't stopped me yet ...

NIX-KIDZ
TNN convert

Post by NIX-KIDZ » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:11 pm

:D hi Rachel,

Congrats on your new arrival, very glad to hear that nothing has escaped :lol:

Take care

Nikki

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:19 am

I'm so keen to try one of these on Scooter...just waiting to see the "flavour" before I order;-) I want to get a cute girlie one for a girlfriend who has just gotten back into cloth too. Sharon

helen
TNN nerd

i have

Post by helen » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:42 am

a size 2-4 ne of the ealrier ones used for my gril at night just beforetoilet training. fitted her great. it doesnt however fit my big 14 month boy-shoes a bit to much at the back. but i am getting another made and nikkis making it bigger at the back for me-custom made. shes great cant wait im getting the orca one

Anonymous

Nix- Kidz

Post by Anonymous » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:22 pm

I'm a real BSWW fan, and must say that Nikki has made a winner NZ made product. I think your covers are the best NZ design, despite my initial fleece fobia. They hardly smell, like other covers do with a heavy pee, don't leak, look incredibly funky ( I always get comments) I never cover them with clothes..so my daughter will wear skirts this winter so I cam look at them! :lol: AND the price is really good. 4.75/5 for fit,
Jacqui
mother of 8 month old Hana who is nappy free unless we go out

Return to “Covers”