Blow It Out Your Art

Kaz
TNN guru

Blow It Out Your Art

Post by Kaz » Wed May 10, 2006 1:24 pm

A very funky cover made in bold primary covers. A must for every nappy stash!

Made from lightweight sports wear fabrics with snap closures. These covers are a slim fit wrap for prefolds, flats or inserts. They are a narrower cut so don't fit as well over fitteds.

They dry quickly and are great for outdoor boys - no worries about light coloured fabrics getting mud stains!

They come in 3 sizes: small (3-6kg), medium (6-10kg), large (10-15kg). With the snap waist and rise adjusters my 10kgish boy fits both the small and medium and my 16kgish 4yr old fits the large.

Check them out at: www.blowitoutyourart.com

Donna
TNN newbie

Blow It Out Your Art overnappies

Post by Donna » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:00 am

Hi everyone. Donna here, just introducing myself, at last!

I have just recently launched my new business line of overnappies, bibs, and paintings.

Kaz was wonderful enough to try out my overnappies recently, and passed them on to a few of her friends.

Feedback so far seems to confirm that these are definately the way to go for your average sized to chubby babies. Very thin legged bubs may not fit quite so snuggly. The wide elasticated back and multiple snap fastners will fit most waists and I've had great feedback in this regard.

I designed these when my second boy came along and I wanted something more streamline. So the fabric is lovely and lightweight, fully waterproofed outer and wickable inner lining. Being so light means they dry extremely quickly. The best drying time was 15 minutes out in the full sun on a lovely day!

Kaz is right, they are slimline. I use mine with one microfibre insert and a half cotton flat folded into a slightly narrower wedge on top of that. My one year old gets around three hours in that. The reason I cut some of my cotton flats in half was so they were less bulky when he was newborn (a good cheap option). I just re-stitched the side seam and got twice as many nappies, and I still get use out of them now.

The overnappies are thin but they are quite strong. They've really been put to the test by our boy - on the concrete driveway, in the dirt ... and they're still as good as new. No pulls, holes, and the colour hasn't faded one bit.

Anyway, I hope some of you might check out my website - you know, mum/businesswomen struggling to get things up and running. If you don't need more overnappies then the bibs are fantastically absorbent with a towelling layer on the inside and waterproof backing. These I can swear by as being the best without a doubt - and I'm not just being biased.

I can't wait to hear some more feedback!

Christina Robinson
TNN newbie

Blow it out your art overnaps and bibs

Post by Christina Robinson » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:29 pm

Hi

I have an 11 month old boy and have been using these overnaps for him. He is 9kg and fits a medium with the domes as tight as they go and the leg snaps done up.

I have tried a few different overnaps and have found I prefer these due to the lack of bulkiness (this is great as my little guy has started moving lots - less of a waddle!), and great drying time. But the biggest plus for me is the elastic at the back, stops leaking out the top if any of the inner is touching his clothes. This was a real pain with some of the other outers I have tried. Since I have been using them I haven't had to do a full clothing change due to leaking in this way which is great. I didn't try them when my boy was little but I imagine they would help with the 'up the back' splats, particularly a problem for breastfed babies.

I am thinking they will also be great for summer as they are fine without any other shorts/trousers - look quite cute!!

I have also been using a bib from the same supplier, very absorbent and I love the different patterns you can get, make a good talking point compared to the normal boring bib! It's my little fellows 'going out bib' as it's so cute.

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:16 pm

Kaz gave me one of these to try. I tend to keep it as a backup as I have other naps I prefer, but I think I'll use it more now that I'm attempting to toilet train George.
The only thing I would say at this point is that you don't want to wash this too hot as the green loses colour. I now have some green flats!
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:26 pm

Donna, you might like to look at your website as I have selected all the options and they all come up with the aprons - which by the way look cute - but I was interested in the other stuff as well! 8)

Donna
TNN newbie

Reply to Helen

Post by Donna » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:43 pm

Hi Helen

Yes, I really should take that link off the image - it's one image to show all the products but I am unable to change it to view all the products. If you click on the "products" link at the top of the web site you'll see all the products available.
Thanks for pointing that out though. I'll take a good look at how to change it.

Donna.

kia_kaha
TNN addict

Post by kia_kaha » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:21 pm

Looking great! :D
mama to 3 gorgeous mozzies

Return to “Covers”