Wool Covers (not knitted)

AbbeHG
TNN nerd

Wool Covers (not knitted)

Post by AbbeHG » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:40 pm

I am wanting as much personal experience information about wool covers as possible. I specifically mean wool fabric covers not wool knitted soakers.
If anyone has used wool -
Brands used? sucesses, failures?
Any size, fit, value for money issues, etc any information that would be useful as I am interested in wool and prefer 'real' info.
Thanks in advance.

Abbe
Soo Soft Baby Cloths.

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:45 am

good to see you here Abbe, and good to have you back from our hols.

I am currently waiting on two loveybums wool covers from the US. They are used, I bought off a mama on the US board. I have heard only great reviews about them, so I will definitely post my reviews on them here!

Rosie
TNN addict

Post by Rosie » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:17 am

Hi Abbe

I have used Bumpy wool covers on both my boys, they are brillent.
A great overnight cover, they have never leaked. This is the only wrap cover that hasn't left big red welts on my littlies legs which is another bonus.

The only negitive is the price, although mine have lasted many months on both boys and are still in perfect working condition. They aren't pretty but are still one of my favourites.

Cheers Rosie

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:11 pm

oh just thought that Aristocrats wool covers fit into the non-hand-knitted category. From all that I have read about in the overseas nappy forums, these are definitely one of the best in terms of functionality. The downside is that it isn't as trim as some wool covers out there. I have two, and I really don't think they're excessively bulky at all. I would definitely recommend these for a wool cover virgin, because in my opinion it will definitely give you the wool love bug. Quite reasonably priced on ebay, so that's always a good place to look first for a deal.

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:34 am

I used a Sugarpeas Wool cover overnight on India for ages. LOVED it! We got a size large I think & it fit her for a very long time. I was very sad to have to "retire" it from the stash. Made really well, great snaps, lovely soft woollen fabric, breathable but waterproof, fitted great over overnight hemp fitteds. The only pain with wool is having to re-lanolise it every now & then but this is made up for the fact you don't have to wash it so often.

Sharon

waawa
TNN convert

Weewuns wool cover

Post by waawa » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:20 pm

We use Weewuns aplix wool covers at night over a boosted Erica (when we run low on fleece Sandra's Stuffables...) Janie custom made a large wool cover with higher rise. I love the red tartan and the supersoft black wool jersey inner, it's a great look. Fit is great, possibly highish at the thigh if using a terry in some folds but we use fitteds anyhow.

Lara

LemonNZ
TNN guru

Wool wraps

Post by LemonNZ » Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:28 am

We have used a Best Selection wool wrap from Japan and it is one of my favourite wraps. It looks very similar to a prowrap only is made of 2 layers of very tightly knitted wool similar to the fine merino tops you can buy here. Because if was a knit fabric like the knit PUL it had a better fit than woven wool covers. The velro (called magic tape in Japan) closures were well in from the edges so didn't rub and instead of hook tape which can be stiff on tiny sizes they had a velour type fabric so very trim and soft.

Only came in natural colour but the quality made up for lack of colour and I could always dye it.

We got a friend to bring more back from Japan after getting our first one on Trademe. They were approx. NZ$15 so far cheaper than Bumpy covers etc and so worth the money.

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:11 pm

Michelle is there a website for this Japan wool wrap? Sounds like a real bargain for wool covers at $15. Especially one that works as well as you say.

jeshiko
TNN guru

Post by jeshiko » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:45 pm

yup i use popolini ones and they are great
Finn Peter 2006, Mikko Alexander 2008, Kasper Svend 2010 and...

ariayla

Post by ariayla » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:49 pm

I have a designerbums side snap wool cover. Its great. Had it over a fitted last night. Fitted was soaker but cover was dry as a bone and no leaks.

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:49 pm

I have used Rosies wool covers (wraps) and think they are fab... but that doesn't help you much unless you can pick one up second hand :(

Angie (Designer Bums) also does some fab looking wool covers and I have bought some - they seem similar to Rosies, but have yet to use them.

HTH
Janine
DS-M - 11/03/05
DS-B - 03/09/07
DDs-R & J - 09/06/09

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:49 pm

ClothConvert wrote:I am currently waiting on two loveybums wool covers from the US. They are used, I bought off a mama on the US board. I have heard only great reviews about them, so I will definitely post my reviews on them here!

whoa, I completely forgotten about the loveybums wool covers - they never arrived!!!!! Guess it's too long ago now to ask the US mama about it???? Grr....

farlos
TNN nerd

Post by farlos » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:07 pm

Where can you buy aristocrats covers from?
Caroline, mother of Benjamin 27/02/06 and Georgina 21/12/07

Return to “Covers”