Redrag Cloth Pads

Dunners
TNN oracle

Redrag Cloth Pads

Post by Dunners » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:07 am

These are available from http://www.redrag.co.nz/

Helen sent me some luxury pads as a swap for some fabric that I sent her.

They look fab! I already have some Outrageous! pads and I use a mooncup, so I was going on-gift them. Now I'm not so sure, they look great and feel comfy, and I can definitely see the advantages of them being a one-piece system.

Will write more of a review once they've been used ;)

Thanks Helen!
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

hoaenz
TNN guru

Post by hoaenz » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:52 pm

You know you are tired when you read the title as re-drag not red rag!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anthea
-----------------------------------------------

posh
TNN oracle

Post by posh » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:54 pm

hoaenz wrote:You know you are tired when you read the title as re-drag not red rag!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Even when you are not tired! :oops:
Anastasia - wahm to 3 x Image

SALE & CLEARANCE items!!!

At least Steve Irwin died doing what he loved, tracking wild animals in the open sea. When it's my time to go, I hope I'm online shopping

20 years in the making, but finally achieved!!! --->

rag_grrl_nz
TNN nerd

Post by rag_grrl_nz » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:11 pm

Thanks Leanne
TMMs get 10% disc BTW
:D

framptons
TNN nutter

Post by framptons » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:13 am

I am keen to buy some pads, but want to know, I have a heavy flow for the first few days and was wondering would they be ok?
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/2i06umu.png[/img]

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:04 pm

Well, mine have been used (was really good timing when they arrived). I use a mooncup, used the pads throughout as liners only (didn't use the mooncup for the first and last spotty days).

Sorry I can't comment on absorbency because I've only used them as liners. But, they are a fantastic pocket system which comes with a microfibre insert, so I would assume that it could be stuffed to suit.

Also, there is no PUL layer (all cotton unbleached fabric) which I like too. (nor do I dislike the PUL layer in others)
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

aylasmummy

Post by aylasmummy » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:47 pm

I would get scared they would soak right through or does this not happen??anyone used them properly over a period.

ETA:by properly i mean not jsut as liners :)

nerdygirl
Nurse Nerdygirl

Post by nerdygirl » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:52 pm

Just wanted to copy the email I sent Helen on here..

Hi Helen,

I just wanted to let you know how much I love my Mooncup! Once I got past the first day, where I had some initial teething problems, it has been so fantastic. It is so comfortable - something I could never say with tampons - and I'm sure my period has been shorter! It is easy to use, easy to clean, and just generally FANTASTIC!

I also love my Red Rags - it's all I can do not to show them off to everyone who comes over! In a weird way, the MoonCup and my Red Rags have actually made me enjoy my period - I thought that was impossible!

I can see this could be addictive!

Thanks again and best of luck with the business. You will be hearing from me again!!

Alison

rag_grrl_nz
TNN nerd

Post by rag_grrl_nz » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:32 am

framptons wrote:I am keen to buy some pads, but want to know, I have a heavy flow for the first few days and was wondering would they be ok?

I also use a Mooncup on heavy days usually but I have used them on heavy days fine.
You need to change them like you would 'sposies so if you are heavy you may need a booster liner and to make sure you change them regularly.
Feel free to pm me if you want to ask any questions.
Cheers
Helen

Karen
TNN nerd

Post by Karen » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:10 pm

I wanted a Mooncup for xmas so dp said I could get one !!
I have received my mooncup from Helen, the customer services was great, she was very polite and send me some extra information about the product, and because I had paid the full price (tnners get a discount!) she sent me a G-liner!! which is SO cute ! Thanks Helen!!

I had a try with the mooncup, I haven't got a visit from AF yet but the instructions says that you should try before you get your period so I did and its very comfortable, I did have the initial scare because I couldn't get it out but I relax and everything was fine!
Now I don't have to worry about my period and spa pools!
Thanks Helen!! great website and even excellent service!!
part-time worker ,University student and Mum to Lucy Belle Kay and little angel boy 9/05/09

rag_grrl_nz
TNN nerd

Post by rag_grrl_nz » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:06 pm

Thanks everyone for the lovely reviews :D

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

Post by ms.belinda » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:44 am

I'm almost sad that I won't have a period for a LONG TIME probably, because I'm breastfeeding (last time I got a year off!), because I really want to try these!

Just wondering though, I have a very obtuse retroverted uterus and my cervix is at a funny angle sometimes - could I still use a Mooncup?
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

Mrs Floyd
TNN nerd

Post by Mrs Floyd » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:23 am

I'm sure you could use a mooncup, as it sits quite low down, lower than a tampon. It shouldn't be up near your cervix.
SAHM to two daughters (8 and 3.5) and son (6) and

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:52 am

ms.belinda wrote:Just wondering though, I have a very obtuse retroverted uterus and my cervix is at a funny angle sometimes - could I still use a Mooncup?

I have a retroverted uterus too and have had no problems using a menstrual cup.

Sharon

ms.belinda
TNN nerd

Post by ms.belinda » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:17 am

Oh, it's not supposed to be suction capped to your cervix? I've seen other things like that and I thought "NO WAY!!"

Great!
Mum to 3 toilet-trained children of various ages and genders. ;)

Return to “Everything else”