Outrageous Pads by Stacey

sable
Spinning Goddess

Outrageous Pads by Stacey

Post by sable » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:54 pm

I have just used these for the first time. I will not be going back to disposable pads, once the current ones are used up it's Stacey's pads all the way.
Comfortable, gorgeous to look at with wonderful colour/print choices. Definitely recommended.
I got them from source at our latest Nappichino, but you can also get them on Greenbeans. :D :D :D
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

KAJ
TNN addict

Post by KAJ » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:56 am

:D I just got my Outrageous Pads made by Stacey today in the mail!!!!

There was so much to choose from so I went with the bubblegum set and the black set!!! Thought I would treat myself!! Plus call me fussy.. but I like matching sets.. re white undies/white bra..black undies etc.. :lol: not that any one is going to know... unless I get hit by a bus!!

Great sewing Stacey... what an awesome product, I don't know why I just didn't think of getting these sooner.

And thanks Sarah from Greenbeans.... great service!!!!! :D :D
Sal

Mum to one very active girl: 23.09.04

Mama-to-many
TNN nerd

Post by Mama-to-many » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:21 am

How fast do these dry? I'm looking at the gorgeous pink/purple sunset ones - don't anyone go buying them!!!! And having said I don't do lime dots, I'm thinking I might go for the pink dots as well!!!!!

Has anyone used both these and the fuzzibunz ones? how do they compare?
Rachael
who pops onto TNN when Flower tells her to!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;46;15/st/19940925/e/I+started+changing+naps/dt/16/k/7b00/event.png[/img]
[/url]

sable
Spinning Goddess

Post by sable » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:02 am

I've only used Stacey's ones, but I find they dry in a day here in Christchurch, even the thicker ones.
HTH
Rachelle
http://raciebaby.blogspot.com/

Dunners
TNN oracle

Post by Dunners » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:00 am

No problem with drying in Dunedin. Haven't had a chance to use them yet :roll: , but had to give them a wash to see how they wash up. Just wonderful! I think that snap on pad is a great idea, especially with living in Dunedin.

Forgot to add: I haven't used the FuzziBunz ones, but I have seen them. They are microfleece topped and my homemade ones were microfleece topped and I didn't like them (I preferred the hemp ones as they felt drier against my skin IYKWIM). And Stacey's Outrageous! pads are made with a lot more care and fussiness.
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:41 pm

Love these! I got a set in the Secret Santa (THANKS again, Melissa!). One of them is velour topped & that is particularly scrummy. I wouldn't bother with microfleece on the top.

Sharon

smileeah
TNN nerd

Post by smileeah » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:30 pm

Glad you like them Sharon. I must say I was very impressed with the look of them, I will be getting some myself this year.
I can't imagine they would take too long to dry being able to un-snap them and all.
Melissa.

Mum to three boys - 7yrs, 5yrs & 4yrs!

Chaucey
TNN nerd

Post by Chaucey » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:02 am

Can I ask how these attach to underpants?
Do they scrunch around?

If I'm going to be all enthusiastic about cloth nappies I should walk the talk with my own reusable stuff too.... :)

Sharonnz
TNN guru

Post by Sharonnz » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:06 am

Have a look here, Chaucey...

http://www.greenbeans.co.nz/index.php?m ... cts_id=461

Check out the Mooncup menstrual cups that Sarah sells as well. The Outrageous Pads make great backups for these.

Sharon

Chaucey
TNN nerd

Post by Chaucey » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:13 am

Thanks for the link!

So is it a panel that snaps around the width of the underpants? Does that hold it in place across the width and length?

I'm enthusiastic but I'm worried that it might slip around.

Flower
TNN nerd

Post by Flower » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:26 am

Ummm, I feel stupid, but where do you buy Stacey's pads? Just tried googling them and I got sent to this thread!

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:32 am

Comeon Rose, you should know that if it's cool, it's stocked by ME!! :smt044 :smt044
Sarah

Flower
TNN nerd

Post by Flower » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:58 am

Except for babylegs of course!

Just had a nosy at your site Sarah. They are very cool. The only thing is, the keeper that I bought off you does it's job so well, and has just passed the ultimate test when I took it away camping/swimming/exercising/sleeping overnight, that I can't imagine when I'll ever need these.

Now what would my dh say if he found me wearing them "just coz they're so cool"?
Last edited by Flower on Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:03 am

true... and pushmowers... :lol:
Sarah

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:21 am

Chaucey,

The 'base' is made from PUL and shaped like a long oval with wings - the wings have snaps which do up under your knickers. The pads snap onto the bases at front and back. They are designed to prevent moving as much as possible, as I hate pads that move :lol: Well fitting undies help of course :D Having said that, I know all women are different and what works for me isnt going to work for everyone, which is why I always suggest women buy one to try before investing in a full set :D Im always happy to work with women to get the best 'fit' as well - I have a wider base for those that prefer wider crotch undies, that was designed with the help of a woman who bought my pads but found the bases a little too narrow for her liking.

Return to “Everything else”