Aunt Flo's "Homemade Mama"

Fran
TNN nerd

Aunt Flo's "Homemade Mama"

Post by Fran » Mon May 14, 2007 4:49 pm

I've purchased a small bamboo velour PUL pad from Aunt Flo - and love it! Bamboo velour is so incredibly soft - I couldn't stop stroking the pad when I received it, it was lovely. Now I see why people say there's nothing quite like bamboo!

The pads themselves (though called Homemade Mama ;)) look really professionally made - silly term but I can't think of a better way to describe it. An ingenious design means they're really simple to use and stay in place and also incorporate an hourglass shape in the inner absorbant layer. No issues with moving or scrunching, these pads get the thumbs up!

Although I haven't started back with AF yet, I'm using the small pads as liners and they work really well. The size is just right too I reckon. As I type I have the Aunt Flo website open in another window and am eying up other bamboo velour topped pads to try ;) Must be restrained... but honestly, if you want to treat yourself, I can recommend Aunt Flo's bamboo velour mama cloth!
I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Helen Keller

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Tue May 15, 2007 10:01 am

just had a look and they look fab...very tempting.
Deborah, SAHM to three

Razz
TNN guru

Post by Razz » Tue May 15, 2007 10:55 am

whats the website?
Rachel, Mama to Nate, Zach and Kaiabean

check out my patterns http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rachel-evans

bizzy
TNN nerd

Post by bizzy » Tue May 15, 2007 11:51 am

Deborah, SAHM to three

Arna
TNN guru

Post by Arna » Tue May 15, 2007 12:59 pm

Razz wrote:whats the website?

aunt flo? http://www.auntflo.co.nz/ I first noticed some of them on TM & am eyeing them up too now as they look lovely & soft :D
mum to two not-so-little trouble-makers - Paije 7yrs & Ashton 4yrs
lost 10.1kgs & 36cms in my 8wk challenge - time to think about the next 10kgs!
Ticker

Fran
TNN nerd

Post by Fran » Tue May 15, 2007 6:02 pm

Yes, they're from the Aunt Flo website, this page has the bamboo velour pads (as well as some other options): http://www.auntflo.co.nz/10501/10543.html

(Did I mention the gorgeous colours BTW??)
I am only one, but still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Helen Keller

neala_g
TNN nerd

Post by neala_g » Wed May 23, 2007 3:14 pm

Thank you Fran, thank you! :oops:

I can't take any credit for the Homemade Mama ones -- but I will pass along your comments to Peggy, their creator!

Thanks again ladies!

Neala
Mum to Ellis, born with Cystic Fibrosis Sept 07, and Rowan our little red-headed wonder.
Let's make CF stand for Cure Found!

Return to “Everything else”