Nix-Tee

Dunners
TNN oracle

Nix-Tee

Post by Dunners » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:55 am

Nikki from Nix-Kids has started screen printing cloth advocacy shirts. Not sure if they are officially called Nix-Tees or not (Let me know Nikki if you've given them some other name and I'll change the titles).

I have posted a photo of Em in her skivvy under the "Gallery - Accessories" category. See http://www.thenappynetwork.org.nz/phpBB ... .php?t=392

Choice of wording either:
50%mummy 50% daddy 100% cloth (with a cute face)
or

If you think Im cute you should see my nappy

Quote from Nikki:
To start Im doing white t-shirt with the following colours for wording:

yellow, orange, red, royal blue, emerald green, black, violet, fushia, fluro yello, fluro orange, fluro pink, fluro green.

All of the above colours can also be done in a preal but will come out lighter like pastel.

T-shirts are a bit hard to come by now, but I have a few of skivies from size 0 to 2yr.

The paints Im using are heat set, not that kind of shiny one like what you see on t's in the shops, though when the pearl is used it is a bit like that, but will not crack.

To give you an idea of what you can do with the colours, you could have one line one colour and the next line a different colour, for the 50% Mummy etc one you could have the numbers and the % in one colour and the wording in another etc.

I do have a couple of other coloured skivies but just need to test the paint colours on them to see what will go with them...I will be doing this tonight so will let you know in the morning.

There is a lil face on the "50% mummy" etc one but not the "if you think Im cute" one.

Like I said before the screen will be back from getting the image on it mid too late next week, if anyone wants to place an order feel free to send me an email, they will be $10.00 each and 90cents postage.

I don't need to say that Nikki is always wonderful to deal with. I was really pleased with Em's skivvy (A t-shirt wouldn't get much use in Dunedin over winter). I'm just gutted that Em is so spilly that she is still wearing bibs!

The skivvy has been washed about half a dozen times so far - I have no concerns about the quality of the skivvy or the screen printing.

I ordered Em's from Nikki by sending her an email: nix-kidz@quicksilver.net.nz

Top job Nikki (as always)!
Leanne
Mum to 3 beautiful children
Image Small and Large pocket patterns available, for a small donation to Unicef. DIY kits also available for $5 each with free pattern. PM or email me for more info...

Janine
TNN nerd

Post by Janine » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:14 pm

These are fab and Nikki has such good service and a fantastic product...

I was fussy with what i wanted mine printed on so ended up sending her the shirt and just paying for her to put on the print. Nothing is ever too much trouble with Nikki, I highly recommend dealing with her.

Looks great, can't believe how professional it looks - is a pic in the photo section.

Cheers
Janine

Return to “Everything else”