Mother of Eden comfort pads

Mrs Floyd
TNN nerd

Mother of Eden comfort pads

Post by Mrs Floyd » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:54 pm

I have to say I am extremely happy with these. I feel as though I can finally say for sure that my son's fuzzibunz are more comfortable than disposables - my mama pads are just so more comfortable than the disposable versions!

They seem to be very absorbent for their size too. No problems with them moving around (but having said that, I only use them at night).

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:37 am

I have used these. I have the post-partum/nights size but I found they were not absorbent enough for post-partum or nights. If I use them at night (on heavy days) I have to change 2-3 times during the night.
I gave up using them post-partum (in those early days) as they just didn't hold anything.

I am planning on sewing two layers of towelling onto the microfibre in the middle where the pad needs to be more absorbent. Hope this will give enough absorbency so they last all night.

I also had the overlocking around the edges come undone on two of the shells and one of the pads after using them once. They were replaced by FB no problems.

I did find it weird how some of the pads had only 1 snap on one end rather than 2 snaps, one on each end since the shell has 2 snaps, one on each end. I was told by FB they are designed to have only one snap but they had some "seconds" with two snaps so I swapped my 1 snap pads for those ones and am very happy with them.
Mum of 6

Mrs Floyd
TNN nerd

Post by Mrs Floyd » Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:07 am

I think that's a fair comment Louise re. the absorbency. I imagine that a heavy flow would need a bit more boosting. I have been using the smallest size at nights - the first night I tried I changed once as I was unsure if it would go the distance. I have now bought some of the regular size and I think I'll be fine (I'm not really that heavy at the moment). I haven't tried the biggest size - don't think I'll need it right now.

Return to “Everything else”