Whangarei Real Nappy event

suzie
TNN newbie

Whangarei Real Nappy event

Post by suzie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi,

Hailing all Real Nappy users/ wannabe users in Whangarei!

Eco solutions are planning a Real Nappy event in Whangarei. It is to be held at 3, Bank Street on the 8th May at 7pm.
Any help would be appreciated and the more there the better!

Looking forward to seeing you there,
Suzie. :D

Happi
TNN guru

Post by Happi » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:51 pm

tell us more :)
Paulette
mummy to Zachary 19, Abigail 18, Sh'Kyna 16, Elisheva 14, Michel ~0~, Davi-Ann 12, Thaddeus 10, Benaiah 9, Katriel 6, Rafayella 5, Eibhilinn 19 mo, someone new dec14

ClareBear
TNN nerd

Post by ClareBear » Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm

We are few and far between but yes, tell us more
Clare

Mummy to three gorgeous girls :princess: :princess: :princess: (Aug 05, Feb 08 and May 15) and one beautiful boy :king: (May 11)

suzie
TNN newbie

Real nappy event, Whangarei

Post by suzie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:05 am

It's being run by Eco - solutions. They are a waste minimisation project funded by the District Council. Same stuff as Kelly from Slash trash did a few years ago but without the Far North raod show part I believe.
the event is to start at 7pm and run for around 20 mins. there will be example nappies, information boards and maybe a few speakers. Siome free sample etc given away and a few spot prizes.
Having a few experienced Mums there would be fantastic to discuss pros and cons of different systems because it can all seem so bewildering to start with.
We also hope to build up a nappy library for interested parents to come and see throughout the year.
I have approached a number of companies looking for samples and Simon at Eco solutions is getting a flyer together/putting stuff in the local paper/radio etc.
Is there anything else we should do?

suzie
TNN newbie

Post by suzie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Simon says (!) there will also be nibbles. He's also looking for experienced cloth users to talk to. Would anyone be willing?
thanks ,
Suzie.

jailee
TNN nerd

Post by jailee » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Ummm maybe...? (very noncommittal sorry....) I'm not sure if I can make it or not...will let you know....Also not very sure if you can class me as an experienced cloth user in terms of knowing heaps about different types of nappies out there as I have pretty much only used my homemade pocket nappies (other than the kushies we started with)
Will find out if I can make it that evening.
Sounds like it'll be great anyway :)
~ Jo ~
DD#1 Dec 04
DD#2 Jan 07
DS 2 Sept 09

jailee
TNN nerd

Post by jailee » Fri May 09, 2008 11:51 am

So....did anyone get to this??
I couldn't make it, but wondering how it went? Hopefully there was a good turn out....pity 7pm is a bit of a hard time for us...plus my dd had cut her tongue badly at kindy so there was no way I could go anywhere.... :roll:
~ Jo ~
DD#1 Dec 04
DD#2 Jan 07
DS 2 Sept 09

suzie
TNN newbie

I went!

Post by suzie » Fri May 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi I went along. About 30 other did too. I was really impresssed. You're right it's a bad time and I'd be keen to do another one at a more family friendly time.
The nappy library is looking really good it's had great support and there's an excellent selection of NZ made nappies now.
We could have done with more 'experienced' Mums as I got a bit overwhelmed when it came to the have a look at the nappies part - I could only answer one question at once. I'm no real 'expert' either.
Heather has talked about doing a public 'make your own nappy' demonstration sometime. We could maybe combine it with a nappycino and hold it at the eco solutions office.
Anyone up for that?
Suzie.

jailee
TNN nerd

Post by jailee » Fri May 09, 2008 2:07 pm

Yep for sure, I'd be happy to come and share my nappy making experience :D
~ Jo ~
DD#1 Dec 04
DD#2 Jan 07
DS 2 Sept 09

Return to “News and Events (Public)”