TNN Inc Committee - Nominations

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

TNN Inc Committee - Nominations

Post by ClothConvert » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Nominations for TNN Inc Committee roles are now open. The roles are briefly described and amendments may be made if necessary. If there are any position that you think would be good to have that aren't listed please feel free to suggest.

Anyone can be nominated. You can even nominate yourself, lol! Each person nominated need to have at least one seconder. If more than one person gets nominated for a role, then it'll come down to the votes at the AGM. Anyone nominated must obviously consent to accepting the role if voted in at the AGM.

Committee members must be financial member of TNN Inc and only financial members have voting rights.

Chairperson - Organiser and communicator. Works with all the other committee members to ensure continuity and team work. In the beginning they will need help build the structure of the organisation so that the goals of the organisation aren't diverted by personal or commercial interests. This can be solved by establishing a basic set of guidelines and setting up as a non-profit group. Charity has info on all of this.

Current Holder = Michelle P (ClothConvert)

Secretary - The key holder who responds to administration issues and helps the chairperson and treasure run the organisation. The details person.

Current Holder = Michelle M (Mickeigh)

Treasurer - Keeps the books. The main money being collected from advertising in our educational materials. Pays the bills.

Spokesperson - Deals with the media and other groups who work in the area of health and education for parents and babies. Also works with environmental groups and Community Liason.

Community Liason - Provides a voice from The Nappy Network to groups with an interest in the effect of modern cloth nappies. This would be environmental groups, local government, WINZ, CYFS, Plunket, Zero Waste Trust and other such groups.

Organiser of Demonstrations - Organises demonstrators so that all interested parties can have a face-to-face with a real live user of modern cloth nappies. They will need to contact all manufacturers and distributors of cloth in NZ to get samples for demonstrators kits. They will keep a record of demonstrations and answer questions.

Website and Bulletin Board Administrator - This position may be broken up into two if it becomes to big. But it just entails making sure the site is updated regularly and the bulletin board is neat and tidy.

Current Holder = Stacey and Shar (Darny)

Bulletin Board Moderator - Takes registrations and makes sure people are following The Nappy Network protocal (ie No commercial selling, abusive language, etc).

Current Holder = Stacey

Designer - Works with the committee to produce educational material, the main pieces being the Modern Nappies brochure with listings of stockists and the website. May increase in the future to brochures for creches and childcare and other topics.

Advertising - To source advertising revenues for TNN Inc, and administrative work liasing with current advertisers.

Current Holder = Helen (Callum's Godmother)
Last edited by ClothConvert on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:59 am

Website
Design and maintenance of the website - HTML, PHP and CSS experience necessary.

Forum Administrator
Administration of the forum. PHPBB2 experience needed.

Forum Moderator
Assists the administrator. Involved in forum decision making. Makes sure people are following forum rules/guidelines (ie No commercial selling, abusive language, etc). Specific roles may be allocated, such as 'Tech Mod' (experience with the technical aspects of the forum), overseeing specific usergroups etc.

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:33 pm

Am I being daft but where do these nominations take place? Here on this thread, emailed to someone etc or at the AGM (off to check out 'where" that will be)

If by chance we have lots of volunteers will there be opoertunities for other roles?
For example : a real-nappy-week-co-ordinator (not organiser) who can liase between WEN and hte aussies and us plebs and regional people with the logisitics of organising a RNW event. :wink:

I know I know the likihood of being flooded with volunteers is slim to none but a girl can dream :lol:

I'm also interested in the term (length) of the office positons. Will they be annual, bi-annual...
Lisa

Stacey
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Stacey » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Currently Michelle (CC) and I are keeping lists. If anyone wishes to nominate themselves or another person anonymously, then they can email. Otherwise nominations may be forwarded at the AGM - Saturday 28th (AGM will be held here on the forum).

If people have skills and want to help, then Im sure roles will be created.

Positions are annual - all committee members must step down at each AGM (but may be re-nominated). Of course, circumstances sometimes mean a committee member needs to step down earlier.
------- Admin --------
:smt049 Mama to 2 beautiful kiddiwinks :smt049

annie
TNN nerd

Post by annie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:35 pm

can you please list the current people in all those roles and if they want to be re nominated?

thank you.
annie,

mama of the feral five

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Stacey wrote:Otherwise nominations may be forwarded at the AGM - Saturday 28th (AGM will be held here on the forum).

It'd be great to know there are nominations for each role prior to the AGM though - can speed up AGM process a bit aye?

I'm dreaming too, Lisa :)

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:32 pm

PLEASE HELP ME SAY NO :oops: have to send my money first :lol:
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Ok I'll warn people that I am interested in Community Liason.

I am more interested in seeing something set up for RNW co-ordination (since I packed a paddy this year :oops: )... so if there is more interest in this position I would stand aside in favour of doing that.
Lisa

gabes
TNN nerd

Post by gabes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:45 pm

I'm wondering where the TNN hirekits fit into this? I am quite aware that at the moment there's nothing formal to say I have a whole heap of nappies that don't actually belong to me

I'm quite happy to continue co-ordinating the south island kits but I wonder if TNN Inc is happy for the current status quo to continue? ie I just do whatever I see fit? At the moment there's no feedback/$ accountability - I just manage it myself (which is fine with me but the kits do actually 'belong' to TNN so I am also happy if TNN Inc wanted more input/feedback). Also what is the process if down the track I don't want to run them anymore? (which is possible given DD3 will be TTing soon....)

Anyway at the moment I am more than happy to continue to run the kits (as my voluntary contribution to the work of TNN :D )and therefore dont feel I could manage to take on any other roles.

Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Katriana » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm happy to continue to be a mod or whatever you see fit for me to do (Nothing too major though like secretary, treasurer)
Last edited by Katriana on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katriana
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Katriana » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:52 pm

Kaz wrote:PLEASE HELP ME SAY NO :oops: have to send my money first :lol:

Karen, I'd like to nominate you for the spokesperson position since you do it so well. :) Is that ok with you?
Last edited by Katriana on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaz
TNN guru

Post by Kaz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:11 pm

:lol: NnnnnnnYES :lol:

:roll: Can't help myself and since I've done lots of it anyway
You can never really take control of your life but you can control how you choose to live it.

CarlaK
TNN guru

Post by CarlaK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Katriana wrote:

Karen, I'd like to nominate you for the spokesperson position since you do it so well. :) Is that ok with you?

and i SECOND the nomination!!!!!!! you would be perfect Kaz!!!!!
Carla, Mum of Kaylee - 8, Olivia - 6, Benjamin - 3

Just keep swimming ;)

Amethyst
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Amethyst » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:31 pm

CarlaS wrote:
Katriana wrote:

and i SECOND the nomination!!!!!!! you would be perfect Kaz!!!!!

THIRD, not that ya need a third :smt016
Did you get my email Stacey?
Pooh-Bah, Lord High everything else :roll:
Mamma to 3 wee product testers :king: 12 :king: 10 :queen: 8

ClothConvert
TNN nerd

Post by ClothConvert » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:14 pm

oh yeah, Gabes, thanks for the reminder. TNN Hire Kits is a role too, currently held by Helen (Callum's Godmother) as well.

Yay, Kaz said yes to Spokesperson role.

Lisa, yay for volunteering :) I'll motion you as nominated for CL then? Someone wants to second the motion?

Return to “News and Events (Public)”