Hamilton Fabric and Yarn Market

HUNTD
TNN nerd

Hamilton Fabric and Yarn Market

Post by HUNTD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:12 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but thought i would post this in here to let you know

http://www.him.org.nz/Fabric-and-Wool-Markets.php

Sunday 25 April 2010 - Hours 1.00 - 4.00pm

at Hamilton Old Boys Rugby and Sports Complex cnr Richmond and Willoughby Streets, in Hamilton (NZ) its behind the Waikato stadium,
Last edited by HUNTD on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mel
TNN guru

Re: Hamilton Fabric and Yarn Market

Post by Mel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:02 pm

The 25th is sunday :wink: Sounds cool thyo thanks for sharing :D

HUNTD
TNN nerd

Post by HUNTD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Oh yea i didnt notice that! naughty me copy and pasting

i might send them an email and just double check what day it is. Will be back when i get a reply

shorty
TNN nerd

Post by shorty » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Sounds 8-) Thanks Donna (like I need more fabric :lol: )

HUNTD
TNN nerd

Post by HUNTD » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Im the same... but if its cheap its ok right?? Well thats my justification!

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:02 pm

Im hoping theres heaps of vintage and retro prints 8-) 8-[ You lot hands off its mine all mine ok :smt044

On the website it says sunday the 25th. However I could not find anywhere onthe website that said the address?! Random. (you might wanna add that to the msg?)

HUNTD
TNN nerd

Post by HUNTD » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:23 am

No reply back, but i have seen they have boards up round promoting it so im guessing its all go and they just arent too tech savvy!

nexus
TNN nutter

Post by nexus » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:28 am

I have market envy :boohoo:
Catherine

[img]http://www.alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/8/823968.png[/img]

HUNTD
TNN nerd

Post by HUNTD » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:07 pm

Not bad, spend about 15 dollars and got a heap of fabric, a ball of wool and lots of elastic.

$2 to get in if anyones still looking at going.

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Ive just been, got around $40 of fabric :oops: Would of spent way more if I had a girl. Was so in love with the old flannel one table had but it was orange flowers and pink flowers :( I love how thick it was.
Got 7m of green striped flannel ($2/m wahooo) and 3m of green knit ($2/m helllll yeah \:D/ ), its so nice, a gorgie '70s cotton with yellow/orange flowers, again I love how thick and dense fabric use to be, some denim, and a random flower fabric and the green elephant fabric that apperently lots of people had been eyeing up, I went back like three times to look at it before I got it, its way more m's then Ill ever use but I tihnk its cute :smt005
I was eyeing up lots of paisley cuts but the pricing was a bit steep for what I had in mind.
The ladies where so lovely. Altho the lady at the door was so busy talking she took ages to take my $2 I pretty much had to force it in to her box :twitch:
And sadly all the wool was girly or plain

Now to prewash the flannel and make some jamies :whip: (poor DS is gonna be wearing green striped PJs for the rest of his childhood :smt044 )

HUNTD
TNN nerd

Post by HUNTD » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Mel wrote:Ive just been, got around $40 of fabric :oops: Would of spent way more if I had a girl. Was so in love with the old flannel one table had but it was orange flowers and pink flowers :( I love how thick it was.
Got 7m of green striped flannel ($2/m wahooo) and 3m of green knit ($2/m helllll yeah \:D/ ), its so nice, a gorgie '70s cotton with yellow/orange flowers, again I love how thick and dense fabric use to be, some denim, and a random flower fabric and the green elephant fabric that apperently lots of people had been eyeing up, I went back like three times to look at it before I got it, its way more m's then Ill ever use but I tihnk its cute :smt005
I was eyeing up lots of paisley cuts but the pricing was a bit steep for what I had in mind.
The ladies where so lovely. Altho the lady at the door was so busy talking she took ages to take my $2 I pretty much had to force it in to her box :twitch:

Now to prewash the flannel and make some jamies :whip: (poor DS is gonna be wearing green striped PJs for the rest of his childhood :smt044 )
haha i spent about 15mins staring at that green stripey flannel. ummed and ahhed and then decided to leave it. agree, if i had a girl i would have spent a lot more too

Mel
TNN guru

Post by Mel » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:46 pm

HUNTD wrote:
Mel wrote:Ive just been, got around $40 of fabric :oops: Would of spent way more if I had a girl. Was so in love with the old flannel one table had but it was orange flowers and pink flowers :( I love how thick it was.

haha i spent about 15mins staring at that green stripey flannel. ummed and ahhed and then decided to leave it. agree, if i had a girl i would have spent a lot more too
I was in love with the flannel at first sight :smt044 but had to go back three times before I found the darn lady that owned it and get a price off her! Was a bit put off by the meterage until she said $2/m then I took it all and ran :smt044

Return to “News and Events (Public)”