Cloth Nappy Info Evenings..??

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Cloth Nappy Info Evenings..??

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:18 pm

Us naki girls are planning on running this, hopefully as a regular event. Any tips or tricks from you oldies (but goodies!!). I have a feeling they have run similar nights in Auckland?

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:15 pm

double post :oops:
Last edited by sb on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shyrel - Mum to James November 06

sb
TNN nerd

Post by sb » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:16 pm

I went to a great one at the West Auckland Parents Centre when I was pregnant. Cloth Convert was the speaker.

I found it really useful and informative. The demo kit was there and Karen had her hire kit. There were 5 other people there, including a hubby (not mine). Everyone was pregnant.

I thought it was great opportunity to have a look at nappies.

eta. I think it cost about $20, 'cause I'm not a PC member. Which seems expensive? :?
Shyrel - Mum to James November 06

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:20 pm

I think we were going to run them for free. I wonder about applying for a TSB grant, might chat to our grants person from Parents Centre.

karmiec
TNN oracle

Post by karmiec » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:11 am

Oh... that reminds me of somthing I was going to suggest to someone (if I can find the right person)...

Anyway, I haven't been to one, but have a couple of suggestions...

If you need to collect a fee could you do it as a desert evening? Preggy woman love to nibble and it makes you feel better about spending $

I always feel a little odd going to people I don't knows house, so perhaps you could borrow a hall? Churches and Guide groups can ussually have their arms twisted into minimal donations if you promise to clean up nicely. Even easier if you know someone involved.

Ohh... and I know this sounds silly but remember all the dietry restrictions for preggy... I went to a few functions when pregnant and was sooo frustrated when their wasn't much food I could eat (eg: nibbles were offered at an end of year function and they weren't hot, cold chicken etc... )

Ohh, if you do handouts/leaflets do them on thick paper in bold colours so you can find them again and if they fold them they don't fall apart before you get around to doing something with them. If you are doing lots manilla folders or similar so that pages don't get lost. (learnt this from antenatal class... every week five or six loose pages...) Or at least have a stapler on hand.

Lily Jack and Meg's Mum
TNN guru

Post by Lily Jack and Meg's Mum » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:22 am

We were planning on renting PC rooms, (I do the room rental). Good point about the flyers, will keep that at mind. Thanks for your ideas. :lol:

nakigal
TNN nerd

Post by nakigal » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:23 pm

When are you looking at running these?

I would be interested in coming along, and there were a couple of ladies from our antenatal group who I am sure would be interested as well. :D

Ta
Deborah
Mum to DD1 J 31/08/07 and DD2 P 06/10/09 - my two little princesses, and now a wee prince DS1 C 04/04/11

Return to “Cloth Nappy websites and resources (Public)”