Happy Heinys Pocket Trainers

sassydot

Happy Heinys Pocket Trainers

Post by sassydot » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:47 pm

Have just purchased some of these for my daughter and then eventually son at night. Will be trying them out tonight, but not sure how long before they get a wee in them!

Anyone else used them?

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that they're fleece inside, not flannel etc to feel wet.

Netty
TNN nerd

Post by Netty » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:37 am

Right, try again.

We only have one that we don't use a lot - I prefer my homemade ones

Seems to function perfectly well - I really don't know if the stay dry makes any difference to training or not.

At the time it was the only pocket trainer I could find (so that makes it good)

Ours doesn't have the side snaps - so is a bit tricky to stuff.

The trainer balloons out somewhat - doesn't sit close to the body.
Netty, Mum to:
Mr C (07/98), Mr S (07/00), Mr A (07/02) Mr R (10/04) Miss L (09/06)

sassydot

Post by sassydot » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:21 pm

Well we've been using these on my daughter at night now for nearly a month and I am impressed overall.

I wouldn't reccomend them for daytime, except for sleeps and long car trips, as for general training standard trainers are fine. For nights and other instances like I just mentioned though, where the small absorbency of a standard trainer doesn't cut it, they are ideal.

The sizing runs very large. My girl is pushing 22kg 110cm at 3 1/2 and is swimming in a large. This means they look pretty boofy, but she doesn't say she's uncomfortable and they have never leaked.

As far as stuffing goes, I find that because of the looser fit, a pad type stuffer is best as trifolded ones tend to bunch up and unfold. Or maybe its just my little wriggler!

Overall though, happy with them. They definitely fill that gap between nappies at night, but not able to manage regular underpants. It removes the'baby' association for an older child, and allows them some freedom to toilet on their own and change themselves, but offers good protection from wet beds.

I know a couple other people are thinking about trying these too, so hopefully we can get some more reviews up!

Annabella
TNN nerd

Post by Annabella » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:10 am

DS has one - it is a large that has been taken in a bit at the sides. I have never had a leak with it but find it very hard to stuff as the crotch is so narrow.
They definitely have a place though- tbh I have never had much luck with homemade ones.

nzmum
TNN nerd

Post by nzmum » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Ok, I've been using these on my daughter for about 3 weeks now. I ordered a Medium HH and I must say they are very poofy. They are certainly not trim and look a little like clown pants. Lots of room for stuffing though.

So far no leaks and she loves that she is now in "special night knickers" instead of nappies. I moved her from Large Fuzzibunz into these, so that gives an indication of sizing but I suspect she may have even fitted a small but it may have been too tight around the leg elastic.

She weighs about 17kg and is 4 this week.

I'm happy with them, but would be even happier if they were trimmer. Nothing else out there though. I don't find them too bad to stuff, but you have to pull the inserts out manually as they won't shake out.
Jannene

Return to “Training pants”