Lazy replacing Bummis wrap elastic - go over the top?

TheBean
TNN nerd

Re: Lazy replacing Bummis wrap elastic - go over the top?

Post by TheBean » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Depends on the state, a couple of them have introduced a few options but in Qld no not publically. You can hire one of the few and far between very brave (bureaucracy & litigiousness that makes them have to be brave) independant midwives but that means paying around $4,000 for the privilidge - clearly not an option for me!
It's very obstetrician focused here, I went through a big appeals process of foot stamping and letter writing to get let into the birth centre so at least I'm there rather than under obs supervision (because I'm too fat & therefore risky for the birth centre officially lol) but even so I'm still not allowed in the birth pool for my riskiness - which needless to say cheeses me right off :twitch: Bah, I am just trying to ignore the whole "have to actually give birth" bit :roll:
Sarah

Callum's godmother
TNN guru

Post by Callum's godmother » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 pm

oh sarah, i suppose you have left it far too late to fly back to nz and give birth!! would like to suggest you have baby at home by yourself ... but that's irresponsible of me!!!! let us know what i in your sils parcel and I'll send you my sweetest little newborn stuff!

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks :mrgreen: I definitely tossed up coming back to give birth but hubs has to be here for the business so would mean being on my own there, and he's due only 4 days before the kids start back at school so it was all a bit messy. And *ahem* if he just happened to quietly slip on out all by himself far too quickly to be able to get to hospital then well, what can you do... 8-[ :smt044
Razz wrote:Can you not homebirth in oz? Can't imagine you in hospital.
teehee this just reminded me of you not all that long ago saying something like "I can't imagine you atheist and vaccinating" :smt044 Ahh the things a change of country will do to a person :rotfl:

Louise
TNN oracle

Post by Louise » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Sarah!!!! Congratulations! That is lovely news!! I hope all goes well over these last few weeks and that the birth goes well. My sister gave birth in a birthing centre on the Gold Coast and had a lovely experience so hopefully you will too.
Mum of 6

TheBean
TNN nerd

Post by TheBean » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks Louise :vibes:
Sarah

Return to “DIY nappies”