Help! pattern recommendation please

Misp
TNN convert

Help! pattern recommendation please

Post by Misp » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:33 am

I'm new to reusable nappies & am wanting to make a pocket nappy with adjustable leg elastic but I really don't know what pattern to use, any recommendations??

Sezzles
TNN nerd

Re: Help! pattern recommendation please

Post by Sezzles » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:20 pm

I loved Ditto's OSFM (is a small/medium with adjustable leg elastic, fit my kids from around 3 months to 12-18 months). I think you PM her for the pattern, from memory it cost around $5. It was the first thing I had ever sewn and I had no problems. You will need access to a snap press, and back when I made mine Greenbeans was good for nappy fabric/elastic/snaps etc.
Sarah - WAHM to Riley 19/08/07, Olivia 24/02/10, six wee ~0~ babies, and finally our precious little Cameron 13/04/14.
Image Image Image
http://www.chaseebee.co.nz/

drlauren
TNN nerd

Post by drlauren » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:42 pm

We use dittos too, it still fits nicely at 2y with 1 more snap on the leg elastic to go.
My girl is tall but average for weight

the other leg adjustable ones are the weka-weka's
the small fits from newborn to may be 9+ months
I've not tried the large but it's bigger than dittos so i'd expect it to do almost all kids till toilet training.

they are all sewn basically the same way but the instructions with the weka-weka are much more detailed if you are new to nappies.

piggywiggy
TNN nerd

Post by piggywiggy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 pm

search for "dunners" on here. that's the wee-weka pattern. I was a tester for the small/med pattern. It is a great pattern with amazing instructions (lots of photos included).

Dittos pattern is great too :) I've used both with both my boys and each has fitted the pattern long past 1 year of age. DS2 is in the nappies now at over 10 kg and 14months and looks to have months left. I'd say he will get to two, hopefully, with both patterns.
Catherine
Working mumma to D (march 08) and N (dec 10)

Misp
TNN convert

Post by Misp » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:03 am

Awesome! Thanks guys, think I will give dittos a go.

Return to “DIY nappies”